ADF issues

vctpil

Hi,

Apparently, the ADF is not working properly.

I have followed the manual, the Episode 5 video, but the ADF information is still not working.

- I have set the Dubai NDB frequency 265, but no reception (Within the frequency range according to the maunal. I can set 112.3 (Sharjah), and it works (Not specified in the manual)

I have tried on the 3 maps, and have the same issue.

- If I set an NDB frequency and change for another one, the previous frequency remain displayed (Even with a clear on the UFC).

Thanks for the F/A-18,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

I have the same problem. I cannot make the ADF work properly in Hormuz. I have followed the steps in Wags video and I have read the manual but for instance I cannot not receive for instance stations in 233.0 or 250.0.

I tried it with the UH-1 and the NDB works good with these stations so it is either the hornet or me.

Anyone has managed to get yje ADF to work in Hormuz with the Hornet?

Please explain how do you do so?

Thanks!!

• ED Team

Did you play the ADF training mission?

This may be a map issue rather than a Hornet issue.

Hi,

Apparently, the ADF is not working properly.

I have followed the manual, the Episode 5 video, but the ADF information is still not working.

- I have set the Dubai NDB frequency 265, but no reception (Within the frequency range according to the maunal. I can set 112.3 (Sharjah), and it works (Not specified in the manual)

I have tried on the 3 maps, and have the same issue.

- If I set an NDB frequency and change for another one, the previous frequency remain displayed (Even with a clear on the UFC).

Thanks for the F/A-18,

Vincent

Hi Wags,

I have tried the training mission, and create also a simple mission to try.

Only the VOR can be use with the ADF system. NDB frequencies are not working apparently.

Thanks,

Vincent

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

I'm confused on this as well. All the frequencies on the map and in the briefing are in MHz, but the manual states the range of ADF frequencies is 190 - 535 kHz. For example, the lowest frequency listed for Al Dahfra in the briefing is 3.975 Mhz, but that would be 3975 Khz, which is outside the given range.

Where do you see that Dubia is frequency 265? How would you enter that on the scratch pad, 000265?

Thanks for the help, I am new to this but looking forward to learning. I guess for now I will move on to tacan navigation.

Hello

on my side, when I try to activate the ADF -1 or 2), I have a noise and when I stop it, the noise still continue.

more details in my track.

regards

Bug FA18 002 - ADF could not deactivate.trk

My configuration:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X 3.6 Ghz RAM: 32 GB DDR4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB HDD: Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB HUD: ED Tracker HOTAS: Saitek X-55

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, F/A-18C, All maps (up to Persian Gulf)

The confusion here is that the ADF in the Hornet doesnt work With NDB but With VORs.

which I must admit I would like to check further as their Properties are different and the VOR actually sends out radial information while the NDB gives out the same onmidirectional signal.

In other Words:

You should not be able to tune NDB or their frequencies in the Hornet.

You can however use VOR frequencies and navigate to them.

Wags: is there a plan to implement that you can use the paired freq from a DME in the TCN to get range?

http://e-haf.org/PublicFTP/320/UPLOAD_FOLDER/Charts/VOR%20Frequencies%20to%20TACAN%20Channel%20list.pdf

Edit: to remove the noise after selecting a radio as ADF, click the radio button to Select it and then press squelch to reselect squelch.

Edited by Bravo
Squelch

• 1 year later...

sorry guys, confused very much, hlp needed, i am trying to use adf, i look in the map and i see the freq are in khz, let's say 490.00 khz, should i use that number and insert 490.000 in my pad?!?then enter and then select the proper adf comm channel. is it right?!?

sorry guys, confused very much, hlp needed, i am trying to use adf, i look in the map and i see the freq are in khz, let's say 490.00 khz, should i use that number and insert 490.000 in my pad?!?then enter and then select the proper adf comm channel. is it right?!?

The Hornet's radios only tune 30-400 MHz and can't tune to NDB's as they operate in kHz range.

Page 126 of the Hornet Manual describing ADF tuning to NDB's in the 190-535 kHz range is incorrect, it is not possible in DCS or IRL.

The training mission "Lesson 4-HSI Overview and TACAN-ADF Navigation.miz" tunes into a VOR beacon at Kutaisi on 113.6 MHz.

Caucasus VOR's

• Gelendzhik 114.3 MHz

• Kutaisi 113.6 MHz

• Krasnodar-Pashkovsky 115.8 MHz

• Mineralnye Vody 117.1 MHz

• Tbilisi-Lochini 113.7 MHz

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080