SOH map size in Gb

FistofZen

An exact same thread was created six hours ago, I suggest looking at least a tiny bit before you ask ;)

Map size is around 25.5 GB. You should be easily able to install it twice ;)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3451950&postcount=3

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208761

Here it is, but no problem, it was a small effort for me :)

Why should the OP have to search every thread before asking a simple question? There is nothing in the title of the thread you linked to that suggests it has anything to do with map size. If there had benn, then I would agree with your point.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Why should the OP have to search every thread before asking a simple question? There is nothing in the title of the thread you linked to that suggests it has anything to do with map size. If there had benn, then I would agree with your point.

Yes.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208761

Here it is, but no problem, it was a small effort for me :)

I was thinking of the forum.

Am I special?

Good point, but taking a look would take him one second of his life, it was literally almost at the top. But I answered his question and said that it was a small effort :)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Good point, but taking a look would take him one second of his life, it was literally almost at the top. But I answered his question and said that it was a small effort :)

Sorry, not trying to make a big deal here, but how would he have taken a look? By coincidence a thread - usefully - titled ‘Persian Gulf Map’ was near the top. What if it hadn’t been? Would he have to search all posts in order to possibly find out about his question?

Of course, if the OP of that thread had titled it better, then we wouldn’t be having this discussion. I think it’s unfair to have a go at the OP in this case, especially as it’s a simple question with a simple answer.

If other people have the same question, which thread do you think they’ll look at? One entitled ‘SOH map size in Gb’, or ‘Persian Gulf Map’?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Section 4 (guidelines) of the forums rules states:

4.2 Before creating a new thread, use the Search function to check if the subject has already been covered. Typically, better search results can be achieved via the Advanced Search function.

Not trying to pick a fight, but here is the answer to your question.

Sorry, not trying to make a big deal here, but how would he have taken a look? By coincidence a thread - usefully - titled ‘Persian Gulf Map’ was near the top. What if it hadn’t been? Would he have to search all posts in order to possibly find out about his question?

Of course, if the OP of that thread had titled it better, then we wouldn’t be having this discussion. I think it’s unfair to have a go at the OP in this case, especially as it’s a simple question with a simple answer.

If other people have the same question, which thread do you think they’ll look at? One entitled ‘SOH map size in Gb’, or ‘Persian Gulf Map’?

I agree with you, I would have taken a look anyway because its so unclear what the thread is about, but that is just me. On the second page of this subforum there is actually also a thread called 'map size on disc'. Im just saying, that even a quick search would have gotten him his answer. Im not mad or anything, its just that its so easy and maybe someone else would not respond the way I did. I also did not mean 'to go at him', it was just a tip for the future, hence the smileys in the original message.

Erich Fromm

I agree with you, I would have taken a look anyway because its so unclear what the thread is about, but that is just me. On the second page of this subforum there is actually also a thread called 'map size on disc'. Im just saying, that even a quick search would have gotten him his answer. Im not mad or anything, its just that its so easy and maybe someone else would not respond the way I did. I also did not mean 'to go at him', it was just a tip for the future, hence the smileys in the original message.

Sure, fair enough!

Section 4 (guidelines) of the forums rules states:

4.2 Before creating a new thread, use the Search function to check if the subject has already been covered. Typically, better search results can be achieved via the Advanced Search function.

Not trying to pick a fight, but here is the answer to your question.

Right, you try searching for ‘Persian gulf size’ and see what happens!

I did, "persian gulf map size" as the key words. The earlier referenced post was in the top 7 results that came up after this thread was created. If this thread hadn't been created it would have been in the top six. The search tool is very powerful in this Forum. It's also why so many people mention it in repeat threads. But we are getting off topic. The OP's question was answered so it's a non-issue now. :)

I did, "persian gulf map size" as the key words. The earlier referenced post was in the top 7 results that came up after this thread was created. If this thread hadn't been created it would have been in the top six. The search tool is very powerful in this Forum. It's also why so many people mention it in repeat threads. But we are getting off topic. The OP's question was answered so it's a non-issue now. :)

Sorry, this isn’t done yet. Typing that in gives this thread as the top for obvious reasons, i.e. the thread was titled appropriately.

In the search, before the other thread mentioned here, there are 6 threads with 22,000 responses. Was the OP supposed to have looked at all of them before reaching the golden ‘Persian Gulf Map’ thread?

Frankly, the OP has done everyone a favour by creating this thread. Saved a lot of people a lot of time.

I'm afraid it is done. We could go on and on about the merits and faults of the search function but this isn't the place. I for one, don't want to invoke the wrath of the Moderators for continuing an off topic discussion in a thread about the disc size of the Persian Gulf Map. It isn't fair to the OP to have his topic locked because of it.

Peace.

Edited by Repth

I'm afraid it is done. We could go on and on about the merits and faults of the search function but this isn't the place. I for one, don't want to invoke the wrath of the Moderators for continuing an off topic discussion in a thread about the disc size of the Persian Gulf Map. It isn't fair to the OP to have his topic locked because of it.

Peace.

What are you talking about? It doesn’t matter if this is locked as the answer has been given!

What is not fair to the OP is the criticism here about not doing a search for the reasons I have already given.