Offline Mode (2.5.1 and beyond) - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #1
NineLine
Community Manager
 
NineLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 22,436
Default Offline Mode (2.5.1 and beyond)

The new OFFLINE mode is now implemented (In version 2.5.1 and higher). Users can turn on the OFFLINE mode which permits the game to be used without internet identification and without a time limit. Note: users must turn off the OFFLINE mode on the same PC. OFFLINE mode cannot be turned off from another PC even with the same user login.

To transfer DCS to offline mode, click on the button in the top panel of the main menu. This can be done ONLY after successful authorization. You cannot enable Offline mode unless you have an internet connection first.

The mode is unlimited in time, thus all network services (Manager of Modules, multiplayer, news) will be inaccessible.

Exiting offline mode is possible only on the same computer* on which Offline mode was entered, it cannot be transferred to another computer.

* "the same computer" - means exactly the same both in hardware and in BIOS, Windows. For example, changing the BIOS in offline mode will no longer allow you to log in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	offline_moded.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	183800  
__________________
Nick Grey - "I have had the privilege of flying most marks of Spit, the I, V, IX, XIV, XIX and enjoyed working with Eagle to make this simulation of the IX the 'mutt's nuts'."
Artist formerly known as SiThSpAwN
Forum RulesForum Rules Guidelines
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**

Last edited by NineLine; 05-02-2018 at 09:46 PM.
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #2
ricktoberfest
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 665
Default

I’m not one who cared too much about this, but is there a policy or procedure for people who go into offline mode, and then for some reason no longer have access to that computer? (Such as selling the pc, hardware failure etc.)

I could foresee someone having a windows/hardware crash and never being able to access DCS again. Obviously it shouldn’t be something that happens often but with many people - someone’s gonna have it happen

I would assume support should be able to “reactive” online mode?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricktoberfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
NineLine
Community Manager
 
NineLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 22,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktoberfest View Post
I’m not one who cared too much about this, but is there a policy or procedure for people who go into offline mode, and then for some reason no longer have access to that computer? (Such as selling the pc, hardware failure etc.)

I could foresee someone having a windows/hardware crash and never being able to access DCS again. Obviously it shouldn’t be something that happens often but with many people - someone’s gonna have it happen

I would assume support should be able to “reactive” online mode?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can contact support and explain the situation to them, they should be able to help out.
__________________
Nick Grey - "I have had the privilege of flying most marks of Spit, the I, V, IX, XIV, XIX and enjoyed working with Eagle to make this simulation of the IX the 'mutt's nuts'."
Artist formerly known as SiThSpAwN
Forum RulesForum Rules Guidelines
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:34 PM   #4
joey45
Veteran
 
joey45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Quixel suite and 3ds max
Posts: 10,070
Default

Maybe have an option in the user section on the webbie as well???

on ma mobile
__________________
General 3D modeling thread and reference sites
new UK liveries for planes, ships and MODS.
The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
Please send all hate mail to No11
V0.99 of my UK Yak-52 is now available in the user files..
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:29 AM   #5
discwalker
Member
 
discwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 567
Unhappy cons and pro

So
if ED turn off the master server
or
if our ISP stop provide internet access (to ED's master server)
we are unable to use the software's "new offline mode".

Becouse this sigle point of failure: I propose a longer authorization from the successful login.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196585&highlight=authorization:"The new system will just “phone home” after a three day period or the next time you log into DCS World."

please listen ED:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196857
the most votes now is 90 days
the second highest vote count now is 30 days

In this "new offline mode" the 3 day limit is not raised in an emergency situation.

DCS 2.5.1+ will never able to reach the retrogame status with payware modules.

Thank you in advance for humanous customer support in cases of hardware failures.
discwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:23 AM   #6
BIGNEWY
Senior
 
BIGNEWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hereford, UK
Posts: 14,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discwalker View Post
So
if ED turn off the master server
or
if our ISP stop provide internet access (to ED's master server)
we are unable to use the software's "new offline mode".

Becouse this sigle point of failure: I propose a longer authorization from the successful login.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196585&highlight=authorization:"The new system will just “phone home” after a three day period or the next time you log into DCS World."

please listen ED:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=196857
the most votes now is 90 days
the second highest vote count now is 30 days

In this "new offline mode" the 3 day limit is not raised in an emergency situation.

DCS 2.5.1+ will never able to reach the retrogame status with payware modules.

Thank you in advance for humanous customer support in cases of hardware failures.
ED was asked to provide an offline mode and they did, it allows the user to do just that, go offline and use the modules as much as they want.

The master server has never been down for more than 5 hours in my memory, the 3 day limit is more than adequate if you are not using offline mode.

ED protect their software and we still get to use it offline, this is the way it will be from 2.5.1 going forward.
__________________
Currently on a break, please contact NineLine for assistance. Thanks

Last edited by BIGNEWY; 05-03-2018 at 10:07 AM.
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:04 PM   #7
DataX
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
the 3 day limit is more than adequate if you are not using offline mode.
I don´t think most people would agree with that. Look at the survey.
DataX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 05:07 PM   #8
BIGNEWY
Senior
 
BIGNEWY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hereford, UK
Posts: 14,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataX View Post
I don´t think most people would agree with that. Look at the survey.
and that is why we have an off line mode now.

It was what ED decided to do, allow users the option of going offline. If you go off line you can use your modules with no issues and no time limit.

if you are online anyway there is no issue, the 3 day limit would only ever apply if the master server was off line for that long, and it never has been.
__________________
Currently on a break, please contact NineLine for assistance. Thanks

Last edited by BIGNEWY; 05-03-2018 at 05:27 PM.
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:16 PM   #9
finch
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Italy
Posts: 246
Default

I will just say what I think about all this. To me seems really exagerate all this kind of protections... seems really that we are treated like stealers, hw protection, online check, what will be next? retina scan? or fingerprint scan? never found a GAME with all this
finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #10
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran
 
Esac_mirmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ferrol, Spain
Posts: 5,582
Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon
Default

Sad but true, in the game industry piracy is widely spread.

Every company must protect his products.

Online checks are used by tons of games actually.
__________________
" You must think in russian.."


Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6 - GTX 1060 EXOC KFA2 - 16 Gigas RAM 1.600 - 1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55 - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:08 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.