F-15C Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers DLC - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 06:24 PM   #1
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Default F-15C Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers DLC

The F-15C Aggressors BFM campaign puts you in the cockpit of an F-15C Eagle, as a new Aggressor pilot with the 65th Aggressor Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base.

Based on real world procedures, you will fly as Red Air against Blue Air Forces.

Upon arrival, you will fly a familiarization flight around the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR). Then you will face a series of challenging Basic Fighter Maneuver (BFM) missions against similar and dis-similar aircraft.

Your opponents include the F-4E, F-14A, F-15C, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, MiG-29G, CF-188 and MiG-21.

Additionally there are 10 single player practice missions with in-air starts so you can perfect your BFM tactics, techniques and procedures.

There are over 1000 voiceovers and over 45 pages of briefing material including the F-15C Amplified Checklist, RED FLAG Spins, Red Forces In Flight Guide, Maps, Diagrams, Custom Kneeboards and Mission Data cards.

You will need DCS 2.5, the Flamming Cliffs-3 or F-15C Module and the NTTR Map Module for this campaign.

All the missions both Campaign and Single Player are available under this path:

<your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\campaigns\F-15C Aggressors BFM Campaign

Documentation for the campaign can be found under this path:

<your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\campaigns\F-15C Aggressors BFM Campaign\Doc

Hints and Tips:
Study the documents and review the mission briefings which are critical to mission success.
Make sure you drop your center tank before engaging.
Use the F10 Menu to communicate when you are READY to start the engagements.
You can exit the missions after the final mission message or continue to fly and land - it's your choice.

We hope you enjoy this campaign. We believe it will make you a better pilot helping you to succeed in future combat missions. Good luck!

Please watch our blog for updates: http://mapleflagmissions.blogspot.ca/

Last edited by Sabre-TLA; 09-24-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:30 PM   #2
mwd2
Veteran

should be \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenBeta\Mods\campaigns\

GSPB Squadron "Serious Ugly"

Ghost0815

mwd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:11 PM   #4
baltic_dragon

Hey Sabre,

I have flown first two missions and looking forward to the third (if all goes well tonight, I hope to learn something more about A-A in which I still utterly suck).

Very nice intro (mission 1), nice idea. Also great attention to details when it comes to documents, departures, arrivals, briefings etc.

Well done!
M-2000C RED FLAG (more info) (trailer)
Please check my FACEBOOK PAGE for the latest news and information.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
Charley

It's really great to see & purchase the new F 15 campaign. Is Maple Flag still going to also do the Basic Flight Training campaign , with sections on emergency procedures ,navigation & ILS ?
Charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:17 PM   #6
Sabre-TLA

@Baltic - Thanks for the feedback! This campaign like the F-5E BFM campaign will give you lots of practice in ACT and DACT BFM. You are flying against the best the computer can provide so it can be very challenging even in the Eagle.

@Charley - Yes the F-15C BFT campaign is still being developed. The BFM campaign came out quicker as we were able to leverage much of the F-5E BFM campaign programming and voice overs.

The F-15C BFT campaign has a whole new set of voice overs plus testing against all the recent game engine changes has been challenging.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:41 AM   #7
haosom

Hey Sabre,
I have a problem, I bought the campaign,but it's "unkown module FF-15C Aggressors BFM campaign" while I install, and can't play the campaign, my game version is 2.5.
haosom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:32 AM   #8
mwd2
Veteran

At the moment, you need OpenBETA with 2.5.1.x

GSPB Squadron "Serious Ugly"

Ghost0815

mwd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #10
Hatefury

Ok having played up to and including the M2000Cs I feel I'm in a position where I can give a little feedback.

The campaign itself is (not surprisingly) easier than the F-5E version of the campaign. I don't mean that as a bad thing. With the way the AI cheats the flight model the F-5 campaign could be very frustrating. The F-15, being a better aircraft, overcomes some of this, consequently this version of the campaign is probably a better version of the campaign for those newer to BFM to start with.

There are a few of the voice overs that sound a little funny because they have been cut slightly as we don't need tacan / heading information on the FAM flight and on one of the missions your wingman is randomly in an F-16 instead of an F-15 which was slightly confusing on the ramp until they started taxiing.

Once again the best time to be scoring kills is during the head to head stage of the engagement. With the F-15s power if you don't start turning early enough with the merge its possible to extend and reengage head to head if you feel its required also if you feel that the fight is going badly it is often possible to reset the fight in this way.

Overall I'm enjoying the campaign and look forward to getting an F15 ACM remake if that is on the cards.

Hatefury is offline   Reply With Quote