TARGET Script loading issues : Find what the exact issue is !

If you are having TARGET issues, this might help.

Description of the issue :

TARGET Script takes a long time to load, and the physical joystick and / or throttle are still connected and functional after the script is loaded, on top of the virtual "Thrustmaster Combined" controller.

Warning : The script has to be properly coded and both joystick and throttle need to be included for the explanation below to be valid.

Concerning the USB ejection issue during script loading :

This process is handled by "DeviceManagementApp.exe" located /Thrustmaster/TARGET/x64

This can be blocked by various processes, like for instance the TeamSpeak Joystick add-on, but not only, and even Windows Kernel processes might be the source of the issue.

One solution is to remove or rename this executable, and the TARGET script then won't eject the joystick and throttle, but will still add the virtual controller "Thrustmaster Combined".

You can then map only that last controller in the game, and ignore the buttons & axis of the physical joystick and throttle.

If the above is not satisfactory, we need to take it one step further :

Discovering the process at the origin of the issue :

1 - What are the game controllers connected to the computer

Start menu -> Execute (depending on which version of Windows you have, I'll let you handle that one)

Type in "joy.cpl" and execute

ex_joy.png

This is the list of the game controllers connected to your computer. YMMV.

Joystick_initial.png

Now launch the TARGET script. If it takes time to load, like below, there is probably an issue :

TARGET_script_loading.png

Once done :

TARGET_script_finished.png

Now look at the connected game controllers again. Two options : only Thrustmaster Combined (OK) or Thrustmaster combined and joystick and/or throttle (Not OK)

Script worked :

Joystick_OK.png

Script did not work (could not eject a physical device) :

Joystick_problem.png

2 - Finding the process preventing TARGET to eject the device

Start menu -> Execute (depending on which version of Windows you have, I'll let you handle that one)

Type in "eventvwr" and execute

ex_eventvwr.png

Now go to Windows Journals -> System

Event_viewer.png

There you should have some errors on top of your list. Select the first one and see what it says.

In the description you should see what process is preventing the ejection. See what it is linked to and if it can be killed or not..

Then use CTRL+ALT+SUPPR or simply quit the application, I'll let you handle it from here on.

Example of the TeamSpeak Joystick add-on making trouble :

Teamspeak.png

In that preceise case, quit TeamSpeak, run the script, and reload TeamSpeak.

Good luck on the troubleshooting !

i7 7700k • 1080Ti • 32GB @ 3200 MHz • 525GB M.2 • Oculus Rift

Warthog + Pro Flight