Bug 5 - S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT not fired in MP for CA units

In a multi player setup (MPS), when a player enters any unit from a client connected PC, the event S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT is not fired on the server!

When a player enters a slot (a plane) from a client connected PC, the S_EVENT_BIRTH is fired on the server, which is okay. But again, no S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT is fired on the server.

When a player enters an already alive unit using the CA module (so on the map, select a unit and press ALT-J) on a client connected PC, the S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT is not fired on the server.

This is a problem, because there is no CPU efficient way to know when a player enters a unit in a MPS.

The event S_EVENT_PLAYER_ENTER_UNIT is correctly working in a SP setup though. As a workaround, the only way now for me to know if a player is in a unit or not, is to iterate through the set of units and check the player name, and do this continuously. This is not ideal ...

Can we get a fix please.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• ED Team

Hi Sven

as you are already aware this one has hit some complications and is on hold currently.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2