F-14D??

OnionSpider13

Shame? The Bombcat is a smart business choice for Heatblur to roll out the B model before the A model; the advantages of better engines over the A, and you get both worlds (AA and AG), it probably makes the module a bit more attractive when you can do more.

For me it was only about the time period - LANTIRN version in not in a cold war time frame. After the cold war and colapse of USSR there was no point of maintaining mighty and expensive Tomcats.

F-14A will be my favourite.

I can't wait for F-14 vs MiG-23 multiplayer fights.

Yeah, because we totally don't have a CURRENT GEN F-18 and A-10 in the game... Oh wait. Why do people say this stuff? Classification has nothing to do with what gets into the game or not. The only relevant aspect is whether the necessary government and contractor entities say "yes" or "no". If they wanted to, they could forbid you to model a 1940s P-51 Mustang, since they own the IP, etc.

@@

You're joking aren't you? You seriously just said classification has nothing to do with how modules are made? Hmm, well when should we expect the F-22 and F-35 modules to come out? If they can't gather enough information on the required technologies because they're classified then they can't accurately simulate it can they.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

• 3 months later...

I would take a week off to switch out the "avionics" in the simpit for a 14-D, with a big smile on my face.

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

• 3 weeks later...
Why such threads has to even exist ? They said years ago they will release f-14 A and B, what is so difficult for people to understand ?

Because it's a wish thread.

People would like the F-14D to be made and they are discussing it. Don't be a wet blanket.

Why such threads has to even exist ? They said years ago they will release f-14 A and B, what is so difficult for people to understand ?

Because it's a wish thread.

People would like the F-14D to be made and they are discussing it. Don't be a wet blanket.

This ^

And also because of posts from HB like these...

F-14B with Sparrowhawk and PTID is unlikely. We'd rather spend that time on building an F-14D.

Functionality wise, you'll already be very well off in the -B due to the LANTIRN.

One thing to note is that our LANTIRN implementation relies on feeding the video through the fishbowl display. This was (according to our research, at least) - not something that was widely used in the fleet. Thus it can be considered to be a somewhat "experimental" version of the F-14 that existed for a short period.

It is quite likely - but we still need to launch the A/B and everything that comes with it.

If you don't like the thread, go away :bye_2:

• Like 1

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I would not be disapointed if they did the D as some sort of expansion but I'd rather have them do a full fidelty A-6E or another awesome plane first rather than the -D Tomcat. But that's just my personal opinion/view. Does the -D model actually carry any significant weapons the -B can't? I know it can use JDAM's but is that about it?

I would not be disapointed if they did the D as some sort of expansion but I'd rather have them do a full fidelty A-6E or another awesome plane first rather than the -D Tomcat. But that's just my personal opinion/view. Does the -D model actually carry any significant weapons the -B can't? I know it can use JDAM's but is that about it?

Since no one is making a F-15E... F-14D can be the closest thing you will get to F-15E. And oh yeah, it is far more advanced than F14A/B.

Boiling it down to just the weapons it can carry rather misses the point of the differences between the A/B and the D model.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.