VR Gloves in DCS! - Attention Eagle Dynamics!

lasvideo

EvilBert, I’m also waiting on these ( in the post) and the Pimax 5k.

Can you take a pic of the sensor mounted to the HMD? I’m curious how well that works, since the front of the HMD is V Shaped.

As far a flying sims, the X one is supported, but according to another forum that’s been in touch with SensoryX, DCS support hasn’t started, but they’re still interested.

Hey,

here's some pictures of the attached Sensoryx VRFree sensoring unit to my Rift. Since the unit is attached with velcro and in need of a flat surface I started it with the Rift first.

In order to use it with my Pimax5K I will have to print something like an adapter plate first.

Both HMDs are also pictured below in comparison of the individual front shapes.

Cheers, EB

IMG_20190205_211706.thumb.jpg.37a36f1c79febb3e5e7979514a5da8af.jpg

IMG_20190205_211817.thumb.jpg.6238b007047dbab9c76c6e46fb9c9389.jpg

IMG_20190205_211917.thumb.jpg.5fd3eff3acbae7eea2fd7fcd153322fa.jpg

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

So... Has anybody else here been able to make some experience with the Sensoryx gloves?

Cheers, ROB

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

• 1 month later...

Update

Hallo everyone,

Sensoryx has published a patch that implements the VRFree gloves in SteamVR as controllers. :-D

A first test showed me that they were recognized. They were even visible in the Huey cockpit.

I was wondering why they didn't move as desired when I found that I hadn't calibrated them since the first use. So I will take some time the following days to redo and to post some info on my impression.

Cheers

IMG_20190326_115732.thumb.jpg.7e01ee98008a416abcb43d4828382288.jpg

Super interested in this...

So you said they were recognized, is this like the "hands" you see with the rift touch controllers?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Super interested in this...

So you said they were recognized, is this like the "hands" you see with the rift touch controllers?

Hey Harlikwin,

yes! You see your virtual hands floating around in the cockpit. Even the finger movement is transfered 1:1 into your virtual hands.

Now what I'm planning to do is the following: Since I'm building the UH-1 SimPit, all of the panels and switches are physically there and will be connected via boards with the sim. So when flipping a switch in the VR world, the VRFree hand moves to where it has to and is touching the equivalent thing in the real world. I hope that will move a lot of things onto a new level.

I'll keep you guys updated...

Cheers

Super cool EvilBert, I had a thread about doing just that a month ago or so, and how "close" you'd have to align everything. Looking forward to your updates. In my experience thus far with just stick and throttle, it just has to be vaguely close for it to be more immersive.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

EvilBert, do you mean the VRFree gloves will also activate the VR switches/buttons in DCS?

And did you find a solution for attaching the sensor to the Pimax?

Hi cordite,

So far I had no time to manage designing an adapter plate in 3D to which I would mount the VRFree sensor onto my Pimax 5K. But it is on my to-do list.

So, how's it going EvilBert? Have you got the switches and dials figured out yet? I'm anxious to hear....

Well, my use of the gloves is slightly different. I am solely flying in a complete 1:1 Huey sim pit with all the controls and consoles at their correct places. So I need to activate the switches "in reality" and not "virtually".

My problem was that it was quite difficult to activate the propper switches with the VR goggles on and not beeing able to see where the hand is actually wandering to. So my main goal is to make my hands visible in the VR environment and to allign the VR cockpit with the real world setup.

But I will try and see if the switches will be activated in the VR world by "virtually" touching them.

I will keep you updated.

Cheers

Edited by EvilBert VR