VR Gloves in DCS! - Attention Eagle Dynamics!

lasvideo

https://plus.google.com/?utm_source=chrome_ntp_icon&utm_medium=chrome_app&utm_campaign=chrome

I have been in touch with Rolf Adelsberger who is Chief executive officer at Sensoryx and Postdoctoral researcher at ETH Zürich.

They have developed and will soon release...

"VRFREE GLOVE SYSTEM

Our VRfree® system consists of a pair of lightweight, fingertipless gloves and a HMD mount that you clip onto your headmounted device (GearVR, Daydream, Oculus, HTC Vive, Fove or similar).

The system is composed of 6 different sensor types that are fully integrated into the gloves and the HMD mount. It allows you to fully track your hands and fingers in 3D space – without any other 3rd party tracking device. The VRfree® glove does not require any other external references like cameras or beacons."

How cool would it be to fly in DCS using these gloves to interact with the clickable cockpits....

They are having a hard time contacting anyone at Eagle Dynamics. If you work for ED OR you know someone that does, please message me so we can fly with these in the near future.

http://www.sensoryx.com/

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

This would be perfect for DCS. I hope the ED devs take note.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

if you guys want to charge like 700$ or what ever insane amount of money, like the other company that is developing gloves, then i dont care for it..

i wish u guys success, if u can make it happen, bravo.

i say a 150$ is a reasonable price for functional gloves, dont be like leap motion forcing you do use their app store, it should be gloves and drivers ..AND THATS IT... no app stores to get controllers to work.

also, WHY IS THE LINK TAKING ME TO my google Page, i see no info about your gloves.

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

if you guys want to charge like 700$ or what ever insane amount of money, like the other company that is developing gloves, then i dont care for it..

i wish u guys success, if u can make it happen, bravo.

i say a 150$ is a reasonable price for functional gloves, dont be like leap motion forcing you do use their app store, it should be gloves and drivers ..AND THATS IT... no app stores to get controllers to work.

also, WHY IS THE LINK TAKING ME TO my google Page, i see no info about your gloves.

Upper link picture of product.

Lower link to web site.

I have no connection with this company. I just love flying in DCS and want to do it with these gloves.

BTW, if $300 doesnt work for you, better start looking elsewhere . Im pretty sure this kind of tech aint happening for $150. ;)

Edited by lasvideo

Cool tech, can't wait for it to be truly applicable to DCS.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Well that is great to hear. I hope to hear good things in the future about DCS and Sensoryx AG!

(I can see it now. Me flying my A10C , flipping switches and twisting dials WITH MY HANDS!) :)

Edited by lasvideo

Looks very promising. The only issue after the gloves is to position your HOTAS into a very specific position for each aircraft.

indeed... maybe need to calibrate a zero point for your VR cockpit and joystick... Better minds on this board who can solve it... ;):thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

indeed... maybe need to calibrate a zero point for your VR cockpit and joystick... Better minds on this board who can solve it... ;):thumbup:

Im sure that ED and Sensoryx will address that and many other challenges ;)

Upper link picture of product.

Lower link to web site.

I have no connection with this company. I just love flying in DCS and want to do it with these gloves.

BTW, if $300 doesnt work for you, better start looking elsewhere . Im pretty sure this kind of tech aint happening for $150. ;)

300$ with haptics. yes.

300$ with no haptics, then no,

Posted price is $350 with no haptics. So no gloves for you.

exactly.

you are welcomed to be the early adopters.

if i see it fully supported in DCS, working with no flaws, i will consider it.

but i am not going to be an early adopter for something that "looks" promising.

leap motion looked great, but where did that go.

but i wish the devs luck! i hope it will be a success. who knows ill pick it up down the road if it does what it says.

Edited by hannibal

exactly.

you are welcomed to be the early adopters.

if i see it fully supported in DCS, working with no flaws, i will consider it.

but i am not going to be an early adopter for something that "looks" promising.

leap motion looked great, but where did that go.

but i wish the devs luck! i hope it will be a success. who knows ill pick it up down the road if it does what it says.

I feel exactly the same way you do. For example, I would never support anything on Kickstarter. Hell, I always wait for the SECOND release of new hardware.

I guess I changed my mind after seeing their professional credentials and degrees in the fields that pertain to the glove technology they are bringing to market. Then after conversing with one of the founding members, I eagerly pursued hooking them up with DCS...cause I want to fly my A10C HAWG with my HOTAS and my HANDS ;)

If the gloves go on Kickstarter or another social financing gig let me know I’m willing to invest in the current nonhaptic now or add to it for haptic feedback verstions

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

If the gloves go on Kickstarter or another social financing gig let me know I’m willing to invest in the current nonhaptic now or add to it for haptic feedback verstions

Looks like this is happening soon. From their web site...

"SUPPORT US ON INDIEGOGO THIS SPRING!"

You can get the latest info by signing up to get email updates.

http://www.sensoryx.com/

Edited by lasvideo

• 10 months later...
Is anyone in the DCS Community due to receive a pair of these gloves?

If so, let us know how/if they work in DCS at all?Paket_VRfree_Head_perfect_lq-875x450.png

Hello,

yes I have received my set around two weeks ago. (Ser.No. 00011)

The story: Last year in April I meet some guys on a trade fair where I had my Huey [VR] Sim on display. Pretty much as a technology simulator since I'm using a full size SimPit that is actually made of real Huey parts. Well, those guys (from a Swiss simulation company) were quite impressed and told me that they were working together with a company that was developing tracked VR gloves. SENSORYX

The opinion was that when you were able to also SEE your hands in the VR environment.. It would push you to a new level of immersion.

I.e. In VR you'd see your hand wandering to the Main Batt switch in the Huey cockpit to flick it. Now that it is also physically present in the Sim Pit you could actually "feel" it. You guys are getting the point.

The tracking level of the VR gloves are brilliant! I was overwhelmed by the exactness of the tracking and the way the finger movement is visualized.

So far so good....

Now I haven't been able to get them working in DCS yet. One is because I'm still struggeling with my system to get it smoothely working with my Pimax 5K and second calibrating the VR Gloves is like a pain in the a.. .

Still a little bit buggy but I'm sure progress will be achieved faster then expected.

I'll keep u tuned.

Cheers, EB

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

EvilBert, I’m also waiting on these ( in the post) and the Pimax 5k.

Can you take a pic of the sensor mounted to the HMD? I’m curious how well that works, since the front of the HMD is V Shaped.

As far a flying sims, the X one is supported, but according to another forum that’s been in touch with SensoryX, DCS support hasn’t started, but they’re still interested.