Ka-50 Black Shark Not Authorized?

Cake

Just installed today's update to OB2.5.0.15085 Installation was clean with NO mods from version that worked prior. No hardware changes.

Upon startup I'm getting a message saying my KA-50 BS key is not authorized and inquiring for a key. I have been running the BS upgrade from BS version 1 (steam) with no issues.

IMG_7556.thumb.jpg.e67a573c38783345cbcca1f49f68e4d9.jpg

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Uninstall and then Install the Ka-50 in Module Manager.

So, uninstall KA-50 or uninstall DCS open Beta?

Either way, this seems to be a bug with the current update, as that is the only change to the system.

Finally, is this going to use up an activation?

This has happened for me too. I am loath to uninstal it as its the upgrade and I don't have BS1 installed anymore

I should add I get an option to bind the key but it dooes not seem to work

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For non working Module: Delete the module in Module Manager using the trash bin. Then reinstall it by using Module Manager. You should see a red "1" on the Module Manager icon on main GUI page.

For unauthorized password you should try to rename the options.lua in Saved Games\DCS.Openbeta\Config folder. Just rename it to options.old or something. Then DCS will recreate it when starting up.

This has happened for me too. I am loath to uninstal it as its the upgrade and I don't have BS1 installed anymore

I should add I get an option to bind the key but it dooes not seem to work

I caved in and bought the full version Ka-50 and removed the "Upgrade license" from my system. It was a hassle to deal with the old Ka and the update at the same time. Use the sale and do it Cibit :thumbup:

Hotfix resolved my probs cheers mate :)

#+1

Yes. All fixed in 15.84.338. No need to do any sort of uninstall or mess with the keys at all for me. Just update :)

• 1 year later...

I'm having a similar problem. I installed a new motherboard and cpu. I was running BS1 with the BS2 upgrade, and decided to take ED's offer to consolidate those into Black Shark 2 through my profile on digitalcombatsimulator.com. Unfortunately, BS2 asks me to bind my license every time I load DCS now. I tried using the Reg File key file found here to correct my registry, restarted my computer, and still got prompted to bind my key before loading to the DCS menu screen.

I'm not completely following what you guys are talking about. Should I uninstall the game or the module? Thanks.

Grifter-RLG