-DYNAMIC SOUND- mod for M2000C

Hi mates!!

As the audiophile head I am, I decided to give it a try and make an audio mod (the very first one I do)...something I have always wanted in DCS is MUCH more "air distortion" sounds so I mixed my own samples having this in mind.

The results have the next highlights:

-DYNAMIC sound that changes with throttle actuation. This means that the sound is no longer the same "all the time" but the samples will randomly be used as the throttle changes fr om idle-mid-mil power-afterburner as well as other enviromental sounds for a natural life-like sound experience giving the impresion of never hearing the same sound coming from the plane, just like in real life. **(Example: If power is set to mid from mil power, and then mil power is selected again, a different kind of mil power sound set will be loaded and so on)

-More than 50 possible sound combinations that ensures the most dynamic and alive sound sensation.

-REALISTIC, high quality ,ultra long, sound samples especifically mixed for this mod.

-Seamless and smooth sound transitions.

-Correct afterburner SPL level.

-Deep and clean bass extension.

-Lots of different "air distortion" sounds.

-Completely redesigned sound paramenters for a whole different logic behaviour.

-Greatly improved external sounds representation within the cockpit.

After a while working on this project, I realized that a MUCH better sound is possible in DCS by using multiple sound samples for the same "sound entry" so I made A LOT of them and with a REALLY LONG play time to ensure the most NATURAL and life-like sound experience I could manage to achieve...

I dont know if this has been done before, but in my case this is the first time I have had the feeling of being hearing a "live" sound coming from a plane and hope you guys have the same experience...

Of course its not perfect, and some issues are related to hard coding in DCS program (the idle turbine missiong sound for instance) but I think its a clear step forward in the sound depertment.

Also note that:

-In order to fully enjoy this mod, a decent quality sound system is highly recomended, otherwise some of the ultra deep bass extension, powerfull mids, etc will be lost.

-This mod has been designed to be used in the external --static observer-- cameras (F3/F11) and is there wh ere the full potential will be obtained.

Some high dynamic range deep bass frequencies are included so prepare your audio equipment for a good workout, and dont forget to turn up the volume!!! ;)

Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3212855/

Little video showing a bit of what you can expect (sorry for the video quality, also sound quality is MUCH better once in game):

Enjoy!!

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

Thanks a lot for this mod Watermanpc.

This sound remembers me my young years.

When I was on the Luxeuil BA116 Base .The M2000N flying around

Wow man!, those are the nicer words I could get for this mod!, thanks a lot!!:)

Thanks! Will DL once home.. After I fix my rift.........

Great, hope you like it buddy!:)

Thanks, will these files pass integrity checks?

To be honest didnt test it though I doubt it will pass the IC...will test later...

Edited by watermanpc

Very nice, the flyby is still far from realistic though ( not your mod fault, which I like a lot, but the DCS sound system which is still a work in progress i guess )

Sounds are hard coded if Im not mistaken and cant be modified without affecting all planes unless ED makes the proper entries...at least thats how I think it works as I couldnt add new files or edit others not included in the M2000 specifically so thats something I had to deal with...that said, it depends on what is sounding at what distance, what the doppler effect is doing, what power setting is working, speed, etc. so sometimes it might sound worse but others, I think it sounds great and absolutelly realistic...thats the good thing of this mod, it changes constantly, so maybe you dont like that much one fly by but the next one can be different as well as the interaction in the interphase between 2 samples where you never know how it will sound ;)

Fly bys are tricky because there should be some specific coding for them with specific sound assets in order to get the proper sound but even then, in the video I made, I think there are few fly bys sounding very realistic :)

thanks mate!:thumbup:

Well I'd say you've probably taken it as far as you could given the hard-coding difficulties. I think it sounds excellent now. With this and the other recent mods you've made, you (and a couple of others guys) have done the old girl proud mate. Cheers for your input

DCS plus forum members mods = ROCK!!!

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Looking forward to giving this a go, thanks for your hard work!

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]