F-5E Dynamic Campaign: Wild Weasel

MBot

attachment.php?attachmentid=174711&stc=1&d=1513897278

Join the F-5E Tiger II of the 64th Fighter Weapons Squadron at Nellis AFB, Nevada and participate in a 1976 combat exercise to train Wild Weasel anti-SAM tactics in the Nellis Air Force Range. F-4E Phantom II of the 39th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron will train radar suppression with their AGM-45 Shrike missiles, while the Tigers provide the strike elements to knock out the missiles. It is a delicate business and coordination within the large packages is key, as the time window to hit the suppressed SAM batteries is limited.

This is a mini-dynamic campaign of just about 5 missions. It is basically an excerpt of some of the latter missions of the Desert Tiger 76 dynamic campaign. The purpose of this mini-campaign is to provide an easy entry to the DCE system for everyone that does not want to invest the time into a campaign spanning over too many missions. It concentrates on the interesting SAM attack missions so also those that did not progress deeply into Desert Tiger 76 have an easy opportunity to experience them. In addition, since the unit count and general scope of this campaign is greatly reduced, it will run a lot better for those with performance problems.

Even though this is a mini-campaign with only small number of aircraft and targets, it still boasting the usual dynamic campaign features such as resources and damage tracking and automatic mission generation. Single player and 4 player COOP (with the usual limitation inherent to DCS) is available.

Download V1.0

Installation instruction in Read Me.

The campaign uses a nice custom skin available here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2636020/

(default skin will be shown if custom skin is not downloaded)

Wild Weasel v1.0.zip

Banner_WildWeasel.thumb.jpg.be36669a20675530e33211a492ba2406.jpg

There is one important thing I forgot to mention. Apparently DCS changed the AI taxi logic. No AI flight will start to taxi after you have started to taxi until you take off. This is important to keep in mind, especially if you spawn at a remote corner of the airbase. In large packages this might cause delays in take-offs and forming up that might jeopardize the whole mission. Generally it is best practice to wait at your parking position until every other flight in your packages started to taxi to take-off. Once the leader of the last flight started to move, you are free to taxi as well. Doing your start-up beforehand is safe.

• Like 1

I tryed a quick change to fly my dear Mirage 2000C instead of F-5 Tiger II but I never get Magics and Fuel tanks :(

I changed Warehouse file and the campaign's year too : nothing worked :(

Is it scripted now ?

Sorry no more problems I found the solution :)

Edited by PB0_CEF

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Can this be ported to Georgia?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Can this be ported to Georgia?

I'm desperately waiting for 2.5 to arrive next month to finally be able to enjoy all of Mbots well made dynamic campaigns :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I really like the ‘mini campaign series’ idea... is it possible, easy to adapt/change it for the 'Hawk'; as a training ground? Kind regards. Xanix.

… one airbase… one squadron… small number of ‘soft’ targets… maybe some hellos…

Edited by Xanix

Hey MBot, love you and everything you do. Guardians of the Caucasus was my jam for the longest time, and after a hiatus in DCS I'm finally back into it, and just discovered these dynamic campaigns here.

Only problem is, I cannot end missions properly. In any of these DCE campaigns, they all give me the same error message, here:

Untitled.png

I don't think it has anything to do with the MissionScripting.lua edit that was required for Guardians of the Caucasus and these, because GotC works just fine. Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm itching to get my hands on these campaigns. Thanks.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

Wild weasel.cmp is under ...\mods\aircraft\f-5e\missions\EN\Campaigns, and camp_init.lua is under ...\Campaigns\Wild Weasel\Init

Should that .cmp and the two .miz files be in the Wild Weasel folder maybe?

Also, i lied last time. GotC campaign doesnt actually work, it just keeps generating random Mission 1 every time even when I save it through F10. Stats, kills losses etc arent tracked, it just restarts. Though i know this is the wrong thread for that.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

^that works now

Negative, not necessary. Installed these /after/ that update, havent had them working yet.

Edit, that is to say: i have already changed the missionscripting.lua once

Edited by Serp Supreme

^that works now

• 2 years later...
attachment.php?attachmentid=174711&stc=1&d=1513897278

Join the F-5E Tiger II of the 64th Fighter Weapons Squadron at Nellis AFB, Nevada and participate in a 1976 combat exercise to train Wild Weasel anti-SAM tactics in the Nellis Air Force Range. F-4E Phantom II of the 39th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron will train radar suppression with their AGM-45 Shrike missiles, while the Tigers provide the strike elements to knock out the missiles. It is a delicate business and coordination within the large packages is key, as the time window to hit the suppressed SAM batteries is limited.

This is a mini-dynamic campaign of just about 5 missions. It is basically an excerpt of some of the latter missions of the Desert Tiger 76 dynamic campaign. The purpose of this mini-campaign is to provide an easy entry to the DCE system for everyone that does not want to invest the time into a campaign spanning over too many missions. It concentrates on the interesting SAM attack missions so also those that did not progress deeply into Desert Tiger 76 have an easy opportunity to experience them. In addition, since the unit count and general scope of this campaign is greatly reduced, it will run a lot better for those with performance problems.

Even though this is a mini-campaign with only small number of aircraft and targets, it still boasting the usual dynamic campaign features such as resources and damage tracking and automatic mission generation. Single player and 4 player COOP (with the usual limitation inherent to DCS) is available.

Download V1.0

Installation instruction in Read Me.

The campaign uses a nice custom skin available here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2636020/

(default skin will be shown if custom skin is not downloaded)

I have the exact same bug in all my dce canpaigns!!

P80 ; mbot ; someone pls!