1.58 12/15 Update Issues

3mta3

Sidearms - no model -all black floating beneath rail. Look normal after launch.

CCIP Gun pipper not working.

CCIP Bomb fall line missing.

VSTOL HUD mode missing "bar graph" on FPM and AOA indicators - caret only displayed.

Missing the RPM Hexagon as well, probably the JPT too but haven't tested that yet.

Brakes seem to work on the Tarawa again, didn't notice that on the change list.

Seems to fly better as well, better roll rate.

Hope this isn't just me, I exited and did a repair and restart but still have the same issues.

Thanks.

Edited by 3mta3
Add

PC

i7 7700k

Gigabyte Z270

MSI GTX 1070

32gb DDR4

500gb EVO 850 SSD DCS

500gb EVO 960 NVMe SSD Windows

What update ?

1.5.8.12667.412 Stable and Beta are the same now.

https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sidearms - no model -all black floating beneath rail. Look normal after launch.

CCIP Gun pipper not working.

CCIP Bomb fall line missing.

VSTOL HUD mode missing "bar graph" on FPM and AOA indicators - caret only displayed.

Missing the RPM Hexagon as well, probably the JPT too but haven't tested that yet.

Hope this isn't just me, I exited and did a repair and restart but still have the same issues.

Thanks.

Will check

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Yes same here !!!

Also other problems:

1:

When the H2O switch is "LDG" position the "COMM 2 Channel Selector" move all alone and one green light flash into the cockpit.

2:

When the H2O swith is "TO" position just green light flash into the cockpit.

3:

All the pages of MPCD are green, is it normal or one bug ?

In fact it's normal, one error from me. Sorry ;-)

4:

The Vertical Speed Analog Scale are not present with this new upgrade.

5:

The green color of the HUD is less light or not also green than the last upgrade.

6:

Maybe a mistake from me but the letters, numbers and data from the 2 MPCD are not also visible than the official release of the AV-8B.

Guys do you have the same feedback ?

Thanks, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

This is normal.

Yes it's correct, I've seen two photos from the real MPCD and it's the same color.

An error from me, thanks again ;-)

For me, in VR, enabling NAVFLIR on the HUD causes a dramatic loss in framerate (about 50%) - that is on 1.5.8 Release Version.

I do wonder though, if it's worth bothering fixing and patching 1.5.X so close to the release of 2.5 ...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Will check

seriously , you don't do any tests before patchs release ?

• Like 2

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

It's my understanding that by buying the early access that we are part of the testing process. If this was a production release I'd understand your frustration.

^^^^ THIS... indeed. it's early access.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

^^^^ THIS... indeed. it's early access.

True - but we are still not regarded as beta testers - thus asking about proper beta testing makes sense.

Getting early acces only means that those mishaps becomes alot more transparent.

Nonetheless I´m sure we will get a quick fix for most of the mentioned HUD issues.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

I guess If they did more tests, the update probably wouldn't made it into today's patch. You would then complain because of the delay...

Have some patience, it will be fixed.

I prefer to wait for having real update , no regressions.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

I prefer to wait for having real update , no regressions.

In this case you should keep your hands off Early Access software and wait for a release version. I prefer weekly updates even with some flaws.

Some parts like the CCIP line are missing but there are also noticable steps foward...

• Like 1

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

I had some issues tonight with the Mavs. Does the procedure have changed ?

I wasn't able to project the maverick displays on the MCPD. When i use my HOTAS function (IRMV/EOMV) after powering on the mavs (RDY displayed on the STRS page), nothing happens. It goes on the EHSD page sometimes. My payload was 4 AIM-9, 2 AGM-65D, ECM Pod, Gun Pod. Takeoff from the TARAWA with 1 rearm.

I was also unable to shot AGM-122... When I pull the trigger, the gun pod fires instead of the Sidearm (Note that I havn't selected the gun AT ALL)

I'm maybe missing something, if it's the case, sorry.

Cheers.

Hi,

I would like to thanks Zeus67 for his fast fix, now the HUD work fine +1

Skull.

Idle RPM

Idle RPM is now 350 instead of 285 or something as it was before update. Light plane starts to roam in idle after releasing P-prake. Is this a bug or some new feature?

DCS 2.2 idle is still 285 or similar value.

Everything is possible except skiing through revolving doors.