ED Team

Reputation power: 228
Wags has disabled reputation
Default DCS: F/A-18C Hornet FAQ

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet FAQ
Updated on 14 January 2018

Q: When will the Hornet be released?
A: By the end of Spring 2018.

Q: What weapons and sensors will be included?
A: Please consult the detailed list here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...4&postcount=13

Q: Will carrier operations be included?
A: Basic carrier operations will be available at Early Access launch, but they will first be reliant on the carrier operations based on what we have currently for the Su-33. During the Early Access period, more detailed and realistic carrier operations of Case I, II, and III will become available.

Q: What squadrons will be available?
A: At least initially, our focus is on US Navy Hornets. This applies to skins, sensors, and weapons.

Q: Will the Hornet be released with DCS World 2.5?
A: DCS World 2.5 will be available prior to the release of the Hornet.

Q: Prior to release, what’s the best way to get a head start learning this aircraft?
A: In addition to the videos we are providing, we suggest a careful read of the F/A-18 NATOPS. https://publicintelligence.net/u-s-n...light-manuals/

Q: Can I become a Hornet beta tester?
A: Please see our post here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=50779

Q: Will the Hornet come with a new, highly-detailed Nimitz-class aircraft carrier with new features and functionality never seen before in DCS World?
A: These will be two separate modules, but we plan to provide a bundle deal at a later point that will includes both. We currently plan a less-detailed version that will be a free part of DCS World.

Note: There is nothing else we can really say about the new carriers at this time.

Q: Will the Hornet release with a manual?
A: The Hornet will release with a Hornet Early Access Guide that will instruct you on how to fly and employ the aircraft. Once it is ready, we plan to release it early. As new features and functions are added during the Early Access phase, the guide will be updated to reflect this.
Upon release of the final product, the full manual will be released.

Q: Will the Hornet be able to share datalink information with the A-10C?
A: Once we implement Link-16, this is something we will certainly explore using the A-10C gateway datalink capability. The A-10C uses SADL, not Link-16.

Q: Will the Hornet be able to communicate with the JTAC?
A: Yes, but this will come after the initial Early Access release.

Q: Will a cockpit-view pilot be provided?
A: Yes, but probably not for the initial Early Access release.

Q: Will nuclear weapons be available for the Hornet?
A: No

Q: Will there be an option for a Hornet with no pylons?
A: Yes, but probably not for Early Access release. That will come later.

Q: Will the Hornet also be available on Steam?
A: Certainly, and with a discount for the first week because the Hornet will not be available for pre-purchase on Steam. It will release on Steam once we have a build we feel offers a quality experience.

Q: How much will DCS: F/A-18C Hornet cost?
A: $59.99 US during Pre-Purchase and $79.99 was released into Early Access.

Q: What graphics settings and hardware are used for the Hornet non-trailer videos?
A: Maximum graphics settings except mirrors off, road traffic to low, and depth of field off. Hardware is: i7 6770K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog stick with extension / TWCS Throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.

Q: What are the required system specifications?
A: Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i3 at 2.8GHz; RAM: 8 GB; Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 / ATI R9 280X DirectX11); requires internet activation.
Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows 7/8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz; RAM: 16GB; Hard disk space: 60 GB on Solid State Drive (SSD); Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 / ATI R9 Fury DirectX11 or better; Joystick; requires internet activation.

i7 6770K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog stick with extension / TWCS Throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.

Last edited by Wags; 01-14-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #2
=Buckeye=

Reputation power: 11
=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice=Buckeye= is just really nice

Awesome, thanks for posting. Looking forward to seeing how everything progresses in to EA and beyond.

VR Cockpit:
Oculus Rift CV1 | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper (arriving in Feb) | JetSeat SE (arriving in Feb) | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog HOTAS + 15cm Black Extension w/ Red Spring by Sahaj | Dell 34" Curved UW 3440x1440 | ASUS ROG Strix Gaming OC 1080Ti | i7-4790K @ 4.7ghz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB | Steelcase Leap V2 | Philips Fidelio X1

Soon™:
VKB HOTAS (waiting for throttle release)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #3
joey45
Veteran

Reputation power: 174
joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of

Thanks.
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
It's not the Devs that destroy games it's the communities that control it.
Please send all hate mail to No11
Version 1 of my Harrier liveries are up and a load of other fantastic ones.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:02 PM   #4
QuiGon
Veteran

Reputation power: 25
QuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of lightQuiGon is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks!

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Old 12-04-2017, 08:04 PM   #5
Weasel

Reputation power: 8
Weasel has a spectacular aura aboutWeasel has a spectacular aura aboutWeasel has a spectacular aura aboutWeasel has a spectacular aura aboutWeasel has a spectacular aura about

Thanks a lot Matt
Old 12-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #6
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 53
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the update Matt. Glad to see this. Good luck.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Old 12-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #7
Sport
Tester NS 430

Reputation power: 5
Sport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the roughSport is a jewel in the rough

Very cool. Certainly answers some of the questions I had. Exciting times to come for sure!

I think the move to sell a separate, detailed Nimitz, while also incorporating a new "lesser" version is fantastic.

Last edited by Sport; 12-04-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #8
NeilWillis
Veteran

Reputation power: 22
NeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of lightNeilWillis is a glorious beacon of light

Great update. Thanks Matt.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #9
Dr.SquirrelBoy12

Reputation power: 0
Dr.SquirrelBoy12 is on a distinguished road

First off thanks for the update Matt.

We now know that there will be a free carrier and a paid carrier.

But If I put the paid carrier on my server will people who didn't pay for that paid carrier be able to play on my server if they just want to fly something like the A-10C that has nothing to do with carrier ops?

We can fly on servers with other aircraft we do not own. I can fly a M2000C with my friend in the Viggen even though I do not own the Viggen.

But I cannot play on a server that uses WWII AI Assets from the WWII Asset Pack if I do not own said Asset Pack.

I understand ED deserves to be paid for their work on said paid carrier. But creating AI assets that divide the (already niche) multiplayer community based on what content they own is a bad way to go about things in my opinion.

Essentially I want to know how DCS will handle players who do not own or intend to use the Paid Aircraft Carrier if a popular server wants to use the Paid Carrier in their missions. Will they not be able to join the server as it is with the WWII Asset Pack? Will they simply not be able to spawn on the Paid Carrier? Will the Paid Carrier be replaced with a low res Free Carrier on their screen?

Thanks again for the update, hopefully my concerns are unfounded and will be addressed in due time.

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM
Old 12-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #10
Wags
ED Team

Reputation power: 228
Wags has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.SquirrelBoy12 View Post
But If I put the paid carrier on my server will people who didn't pay for that paid carrier be able to play on my server if they just want to fly something like the A-10C that has nothing to do with carrier ops?
Yes

Let's stay on topic now please.

i7 6770K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog stick with extension / TWCS Throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.
Closed Thread