Bad FPS in cockpit

csper

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bad FPS in cockpit! About 10-20

Please can you post a screenshot of your DCS video configuration?

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

As written in the official thread I have to confirm poor performance on Harrier.

With my setting i have a rock solid 60fps in both 1.5 and 2.1, with every plane i have (A10C, F-5, FC3) and in every situations.

Using Harrier my fps drops between 20/25 in cockpit view.

Screen_171129_195514.jpg

Edited by Solid84

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

• ED Team

strange, I have been getting 50+ on the ground, even during closed testing.

please also post your system specs

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As written in the official thread I have to confirm poor performance on Harrier.

With my setting i have a rock solid 60fps in both 1.5 and 2.1, with every plane i have (A10C, F-5, FC3) and in every situations.

Using Harrier my fps drops between 20/25 in cockpit view.

Screen_171129_195514.jpg

Are you trying to fly a quickstart mission? If yes, which one?

I've heard a report that a certain airbase is bugged so I need all possible info to test.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Please can you post a screenshot of your DCS video configuration?

I hosted a server and there are 7 people here. Can it be related to DMT or FLIR camera?

Also fps is about 45-50 in F2 view.

lbXM5E.jpg

Edited by c@sper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you trying to fly a quickstart mission? If yes, which one?

I've heard a report that a certain airbase is bugged so I need all possible info to test.

I flew the free flight mission in quickstart, starting airborne.

I5-7600K@4,8Ghz - G Skill TridentZ 16Gb 3200 CL14 - Aorus GTX 1080TI - Samsung 950 PRO 512GB NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 - Lenovo 24'' 1440p - Hotas Warthog - TrackIR 5

DCS 2.5 OB - M2000C - Mig21Bis - A10C - FC3 - AJS37 Viggen - F5E - AV8B N/A - F/A18 C - L 39 Albatros - Bf109 - Spitfire - P51D - Black Shark 2 - Nevada - Persian Gulf - Normandy

I spawned on Kobuleti and Batumi having bad frame rates in cockpit from time to time

Zooming in and out feels like it fixes it a bit but i could be wrong.

I also tried spawning on a carrier same thing

External view is fine tho

Also Visor is pretty weird if you zoom out far enough

Example:

aVs8m1g.png

xYFQqky.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Are you all using the quick missions or creating new ones?

Ouch, same here, very low FPS in DCS 1.5.8.12162.404 with the A/V-8B.

System specs in the signature, nVidia drivers 388.31 which should be the latest or close.

I've tried both the Quick start/Cold start mission, I have about 30 FPS before touching anything in the cockpit. Usually I have 60 with rare exceptions (vertical sync ON, so it's capped).

I made a custom mission (in attachment)

- with the Harrier in parking 01 at Sukhumi, an A-10C in 02, same results

- with the Harrier in parking 03, 60 FPS, same without the A-10C

EDIT: scratch that, it seems to be something else after all. Sighs.

=>The proximity with another aircraft seems to be the problem.

Screen_171129_203110.thumb.png.28e5aa5694ba8de7c87dd7f5921c7ed6.png

AV-8B.Coldstart.test.Sukhumi.miz

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I'm also having FPS problems (in VR). Getting from 10-20 until airborne on quickstart, user made and multi player. Also getting severe lag/stuttering as soon as I line up with the runway.

My rig - I5 6600k @ 4.5 - Corsair H100i GTX - Maximus Hero viii - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum ROG edition DDR4 3200mhz - Gigabyte 1080ti (Overclocked) - TM Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Rudder pedals - Oculus Rift CV1

Getting the same issue here, just installed and sat down to play, going from 60fps to 30-32fps (seems lower than that though). Also only happening inside the cockpit and not externally.

Specs:

Gtx 970 i5-6500 3.20 ghz 8GB RAM

Settings are as follows:

https://imgur.com/a/OoF66

EDIT:

The apparent workaround with no other aircraft in your vicinity doesnt work for me.

Also worth mentioning that I get 60+ FPS with the A-10C and all other modules but getting 20-32FPS with the harrier with random spikes to 60FPS.

EDIT 2: Just switch airports from kobuletti to Vaziani and my FPS has shot up back to the normal 60FPS...Strange, I saw a post on Reddit about it being a bug at certain airfields, I guess thats it?

Edited by T.Eason

Same here, I'm getting about 1/2 to 1/3 of what I'm getting in the A10.

Edited by Nico71

System

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Processor: Intel® Core i7-920 CPU @ 4.0GHz (4 CPUs), Memory: 12 GB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

I switch off visible cockpit with LAlt+F1, but FPS still too low. On external views is all right.

Screenshots with FPS:

Ev12P28.jpg

u0oOrVr.jpg

Mission - freeflight from quickstart.

1920x1080. Other system specs in my signature.

фил фоба не слаще...

i5-3570K, 24GB DDR3-1600, 6GB GTX1060, Win7x64