Av-8b Nose wheel steering

spike2450

look for NWS in the bindings, its a combination, in the air it does other functions.

In the air it undesignates ag targets.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I don't have the module downloaded yet but in the pocket guide it discusses. Page 12.

Default mode is Caster so it just swivels.

When the Landing Gear handle down the NWS is controlled by the Anit-Skid switch and the toggle/pinky button on the HOTAS.

With Anti-Skid "ON" caster mode is selected.

With Anti-Skid set to NWS you will be in Lo Gain steering mode and the rudder pedals will be able to move ±14°.

Pressing the pinky button on the HOTAS will bump the NWS system up to the next level; so from caster to LO and from LO to HI Gain. In HI GAIN you'll have ±45° travel with the rudder pedals. HI GAIN is undesirable over 20 KGS.

Anti-Skid switch is located outboard and ahead of your Landing Gear Handle just a touch, aft/below the Emergency Jettison button.

There is more to be said on the subject but I hope that helps.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a slightly unrelated NWS related question.

I don't have rudder pedals and just use Z and X for rudder control since I fly the more modern aircraft that don't need the rudder much. The problem is that when I use them to taxi they are extremely slow and unresponsive, to the point that it takes about 6 seconds of holding either Z or X to get the rudder to its maximum deflection. This makes turning while taxing very difficult and almost impossible. If they were an axis I could edit it to account for this but since they are simply keyboard button keybinds I'm not sure how to fix it.

Suggestions?

I have a slightly unrelated NWS related question.

I don't have rudder pedals and just use Z and X for rudder control since I fly the more modern aircraft that don't need the rudder much. The problem is that when I use them to taxi they are extremely slow and unresponsive, to the point that it takes about 6 seconds of holding either Z or X to get the rudder to its maximum deflection. This makes turning while taxing very difficult and almost impossible. If they were an axis I could edit it to account for this but since they are simply keyboard button keybinds I'm not sure how to fix it.

Suggestions?

Just to be clear, you are using keyboard buttons to handle the NWS, right?

We will check the issue.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

look for NWS in the bindings, its a combination, in the air it does other functions.

gracias! managed my first takeoff. went ok, (didn't crash). :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It seems when I start the aircraft, NWS is always on, turns off when I taxi (goes back to caster mode). At first I thought it was because I was starting with Anti-skid switch on NWS, but still does it even when I start with Anti-skid switch in "on" position.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

You can check your NWS mode in the VSTOL HUD.

At the right of the slipball you will see one of the following:

CSTR: Caster mode. You will have to press the NWS HOTAS button to get NWS.

NWS: NWS Low gain mode. If you press the NWS HOTAS button you get NWS High gain mode.

NWS HI: NWS High gain mode. Only accessible while the NWS HOTAS button is pressed,

You can check your NWS mode in the VSTOL HUD.

At the right of the slipball you will see one of the following:

CSTR: Caster mode. You will have to press the NWS HOTAS button to get NWS.

NWS: NWS Low gain mode. If you press the NWS HOTAS button you get NWS High gain mode.

NWS HI: NWS High gain mode. Only accessible while the NWS HOTAS button is pressed,

Yes Sir, that's how I could tell NWS was on after engine start up and off (back to caster) as soon as I taxi forward.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

just read that if you do not have anti skid on you will get nose wheel steering without the bind the NWS function is for tight spaces like Carriers it makes the turn radius tighter

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

It seems when I start the aircraft, NWS is always on, turns off when I taxi (goes back to caster mode). At first I thought it was because I was starting with Anti-skid switch on NWS, but still does it even when I start with Anti-skid switch in "on" position.

With Anti-skid on, it will enter caster mode when you release the parking brake.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

With Anti-skid on, it will enter caster mode when you release the parking brake.

I am aware, but AFAIK, it should not be on to begin with with parking brake.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197081

To whom it may concern,