[Tool] DCS Configuration Manager

FitzZZ

After a long, long time just being a "taker" of the community, let me give something back:

-- DCS Configuration Manager --

What's this?

The DCS Configuration Manager was created to make the tough DCS life a little easier and help you with those pesky configuration files! The goal was to make you interact with the app itself as little as possible, as noone likes more overhead before you can go fly your sortie! Use it once, set everything up - done! It is of course 2.5 compatible.

DCM.gif

Features:

- Shared, single-instance control mappings!

Links your control settings of all your DCS instances to just one. No more import/export when you changed your mappings and switch from 1.5 to 2.0! (or to beta, or any direction really).

- VR configuration management!

Don't own a GeForce 1280ti yet? Need to turn down you GFX to play VR every time and switch it back later? Now you can change between VR and non-VR configurations with just one click in the app. Don't want to start the app? Let it create shortcuts for you, so you can directly launch the right version with the right configuration!

- New in R4: Sound device switcher for VR users!

Users of VR headsets like the Oculus usually have to change sound output und input devices manually before starting DCS. The app now allows you to select what you want to switch to when you use the VR shortcut! Know what's even better? It will switch back to what it was when you started the game! Neat, right?

- Updater!

Starting the app will also check for updates, so you don't miss out on new features. Doesn't happen when you use the app created shortcuts, though. DCS startup times are long enough...

icons.PNG

Things to note:

- Windows 10 SmartScreen will not trust it in the early weeks of release (until I know how to stop it from ignoring the certificate when downloaded from the internet)

- If you're really paranoid (and I won't blame you for that), grab the source, check the code and compile it yourself.

Download over this way: https://github.com/TheFitzZZ/DCS-Config-Manager/raw/master/DCS-ConfigMgmt/Installer/DCSCM-Setup.zip

Source and more details here: https://github.com/TheFitzZZ/DCS-Config-Manager

I hope this will make your DCS life a tiny bit easier. Feel free to suggest additions (lootcrates anyone? :joystick:). Do note that I have tested this with fellow pilots, but it is probable that there are still a few bugs there. So don't go blue on blue on me and post an issue on the GitHub project page, thanks :-)

Cheers, FitzZZ

Edited by FitzZZ
  • Like 3

Check out the DCS Configuration Manager for controls, settings VR and sound device management!

Work in progress: EKRAN - The DCS Discord bot for event management and other fun!

Want to support my work? Click here :pilotfly:

really nice tool! Could you make the tool not limited to release, ob, and oa, but detects all DCS.xxx under saved game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

really nice tool! Could you make the tool not limited to release, ob, and oa, but detects all DCS.xxx under saved game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could, yet given that this is an edge case and I didn't at all prepare for this, it would take quite some time to rewrite. So unless there's bigger demand within the community I'd put it on the issuelist as a enhancement item for later. Thanks for the feedback!

Check out the DCS Configuration Manager for controls, settings VR and sound device management!

Work in progress: EKRAN - The DCS Discord bot for event management and other fun!

It displays an error message when I try to setup or run the program.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

It displays an error message when I try to setup or run the program.

Please open an issue on GitHub and attach a screenshot. Thank you :-) https://github.com/TheFitzZZ/DCS-Config-Manager

Log file attached

I have attached the log file detail which appeared in the error message

325OWJMD.zip

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I have attached the log file detail which appeared in the error message

Thanks dude. I don't really know what goes wrong here, as it seems to be connected to my deployment method.

Please try the "portable" version I made for you here: https://github.com/TheFitzZZ/DCS-Config-Manager/releases/download/R2/Release-Portable-R2.zip

Unzip into any directory and run the .exe from there and see if it works for you then. Note that the updater won't work that way.

Cheers

Updated to R3

- Added logging in %localappdata%\dcsconfmgr\dcscm.log

- More forgiving handling when options.lua isn't where it should be - it will basically just disable that instance for yo but you'll still able to start the application

- Fixed spelling error for shortcuts

Issues with latest version

Your portable version booted ok, but I have not yet tested it with the different controller setups.

Today, I downloaded your latest version and attached is the error log. Why does the portable one work and not the regular version?

setup.zip

Your portable version booted ok, but I have not yet tested it with the different controller setups.

Today, I downloaded your latest version and attached is the error log. Why does the portable one work and not the regular version?

Just to be sure here: did you download the zip, unpacked it and then ran setup.exe? (should be two files in the directory)

Also: did you use this link: https://github.com/TheFitzZZ/DCS-Config-Manager/raw/master/DCS-ConfigMgmt/Installer/DCSCM-Setup.zip ?

I took another look at your log and the paths in there looked strange - so I want to cover the basics first :)

Cheers

Just to be sure here: did you download the zip, unpacked it and then ran setup.exe? (should be two files in the directory)

Also: did you use this link: https://github.com/TheFitzZZ/DCS-Config-Manager/raw/master/DCS-ConfigMgmt/Installer/DCSCM-Setup.zip ?

YES

I took another look at your log and the paths in there looked strange - so I want to cover the basics first :)

I HAVE THE REGULAR VERSION ON MY D DRIVE UNDER EAGLE, THE BETA VERSION IS ALSO ON THE D DRIVE AND THE ALPHA VERSION IS ON THE E DRIVE.

ALL THREE SAVED GAMES FOLDERS ARE ON THE C DRIVE.

Nice usage of caps there, bud. If the "YES" was for both my initial questions, then I don't know what's going wrong, the log doesn't give me any clue unfortunately.

As you were able to start it, you'll be fine with the portable version I made for you.

• 3 weeks later...

New in R4: Sound device switcher for VR users!

Users of VR headsets like the Oculus usually have to change sound output und input devices manually before starting DCS. The app now allows you to select what you want to switch to when you use the VR shortcut! Know what's even better? It will switch back to what it was when you started the game! Neat, right?

What a great app. It is exactly what I was looking for. Well done.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi

Is this still working in 2.5 ?

Thanks

Yes, I actually updated it a week ago for better performance. But it was compatible anyways.

• Like 1

@bouncerj21 If you send me the log I can take a look :-)

%appdatalocal%\DCSConfMgr\DCSCM.log

Drop me a PM and I see what I can do. :)

Hi

I couldn't workout how to add an attachment to a private message so I have posted it :)

Thanks

Cheers mate,

looks like the initial preparation when the tool was first started failed for some reason and didn't copy the configs (that's why the errors came). Can't seem to see why though :-( It's one of those edge cases I wasn't able to reproduce when testing the tool I guess.

As you said in the PM resetting the tool via the slightly hidden butten on the main page helped, the second try seemed to have worked.

Hope it works well now.

o/

FitzZZ,

Question for you. Whenever I fire this up, (just downloaded it), it connects to numpy.org. I'm assuming you used python and numpy?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

This is fantastic! One question, is there any way to make the sound switcher work without being tied to VR? I have two outputs and sometimes want to use one, sometimes the other, but do not use VR.

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip