SU33 openbeta - problem with rope hooking

Wodzu

• ED Team

Hi Wodzu

Looks like a very hard landing to me, do you have a track replay we could look at?

if not please make a short one so we can check it,

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Indeed, it's possible that it was for a hard landing, but I wonder if the hitching mechanism is working properly and whether or not it was a bug.

I do not have more recordings from my flight but my buddy had a similar situation where it caught on the last line.

Today I will continue to test it and if the problem recurs, I upload the video.

Greetings

• ED Team

Thanks for sharing, I will have a look

I have not seen this issue myself and I have been testing it prior to release.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

For me landing works fine, sometimes I bolter yes but I haven't noticed any discrepancies between the glide path and where the arrestor cables are on the deck.

So far I haven't gotten any in-flight engagements yet: it would be nice to see that modelled correctly :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

From what I can tell your AOA is pretty high on this landing, try flattening it out a bit more (read: flare a bit less) and 'slam' her against the ground a little bit more. I know it feels unnatural but it will probably also help against bouncing up again.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I have read somewhere else in this forum that touching down (the hook, that is) aft of the arresting cables results in a bolter. Both videos show the hook touching the deck well aft of the first wire. If you touch down after (beyond or in front of) the first wire, the hook will catch a wire. I have not yet had a bolter but I have only made two traps and didn't capture them on tape but they were both successful engagements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep in mind this aircraft carrier is going to be replaced by a new model tho. I agree that this is not ok but you can see the other side of this : Before the PFM if you touched the deck too early you exploded :D

Now i haven't seen many examples of planes touching the deck that far from the first wire so idk what it would be like IRL, in your examples you can see the hook going through the deck and that might be why it's not registering, again this might be resolved with the new carrier model.