Autopilot Air Refueling (Su33)

Smokin Hole

Is the autopilot mandatory for AAR? I works ok but I don't believe it makes refueling easier, especially when the tanker enters/exits a turn. I'd rather use the Force :D

However, none of the autopilot keys seem to disable it. The reason I know that it is much easier without the autopilot is that control-r provides about to minutes of autopilot-free flying while the lines pressurize. It is pretty easy to catch and stay in the basket until the probe retracts.

I have the same problem, when i do an refuel it looks like the SU33 turns on autopilot, what makes in impossible to refuel it when its turning.

i tried it yesterday but you need to force the stick in the turn and hold it there to get it in front of the probe. almost not doable.

i think the real su33 dont go in autopilot when refueling. is this an bug?

Edited by Maverick_NL

MrMaverick

Pilot in the RAZBAM Harrier DIsplay Team

Mavericks Youtube: My Youtube Channel

Discord: https://discord.gg/MRU8m5m

I believe it is forced on with no way to turn it off and still refuel. The first few times I thought it was intuitive as hell, but eventually got the hang of it even in the turns.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I believe it is forced on with no way to turn it off and still refuel. The first few times I thought it was intuitive as hell, but eventually got the hang of it even in the turns.

It is possible, but i think IRL pilots don't have the autopilot settings as well during refueling.

i can do it in turns as well but its not normal that it is getting forced into autopilot.

MrMaverick

how does it work? when you open refuel boom, it enables autopilot automatically? both alt hold and speed hold?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

how does it work? when you open refuel boom, it enables autopilot automatically? both alt hold and speed hold?

No what happen is when you open the Probe, it will stabalise the altitude. what means it will fly straight, the power isnt a problem.

But when you fly with the probe out it will put you in a straight flight, what means you need to push hard to make a turn, if you center the joystick the plane is going straight again what means that you need to use force all the time in the turns. What makes it almost impossible to refuel your SU.

MrMaverick

if i remember correctly, it was saying that there is a speed hold function also. can't it be used along with aar?

and if this alt hold is enabled, and if i want to make some minor alt changes, what should i do? retract probe, then make alt adjusment then re open proble?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

Guys, you need to press and hold LShift+A to override the autopilot, set the desired pitch and roll settings and then release LShift+A. The autopilot will take in the new settings and fly it accordingly. Also, use the Autothrust feature (J). The autothrust can be increased (LShift+J) and decreased (LAlt+J) accordingly. Using these settings, refueling is very easy.

Edited by Kunz

Guys, you need to press and hold LShift+A to override the autopilot, set the desired pitch and roll settings and then release LShift+A. The autopilot will take in the new settings and fly it accordingly. Also, use the Autothrust feature (J). The autothrust can be increased (LShift+J) and decreased (LAlt+J) accordingly. Using these settings, refueling is very easy.

i should pin this info into my head when i get su-33 pfm.

thank you very much!

Youtube

The autoThrust function works fine. Only the Autopilot Override doesn't, the Su-33 keeps trying to fly in a straight line.

wish i readed this before my last night AAR practice. 30 mins to refuel like 25% of the tank xDD

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10