Rift and textures

sea2sky

just figured that textures have a huge impact on sharpness of cockpit details (gauges, texts etc), even more than pixel density. Put it on High and anything becomes readable.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

I agree. I've tried a lot of graphic configs but there was always a bit of stuttering (on 6700K and gtx1070). So I set default VR settings but some gauges were unreadable even with vr-zoom (AAP knobs for example). At the end I set default VR settings but changed only "textures" from low to high (only first line "textures", second line "world textures" left as default). Now the AAP knobs are readable and there is no stuttering. PD set to 1. Maybe reducing shadows and disabling HDR (that is on in default VR config) can make the game even more smooth, but for now I'm fine with default values. Just for trying, I've disabled VR, set all to max and tried to play on monitor (I have no track-ir). Fine graphics, good resolution (I'm on 1080p) and excellent frame rate, but despite lower settings and some stutter there is no going back. After you try VR you cannot play a flight simulator in any other way than VR.

I aggree too for TEXTURES on HIGH

I tested today ... it's better for me and my 980 GTX

IMPORTANT seems that AA is not working for the moment on VR setup !!!

so AA --> will be OFF now

and

Smokes and chimetrail on --> 4 or 5 ;)

424435Capture001.jpg

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

Yep agree AA not working for me, MSAA works but big frame rate hit this was on 2.0.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

I aggree too for TEXTURES on HIGH

I tested today ... it's better for me and my 980 GTX

IMPORTANT seems that AA is not working for the moment on VR setup !!!

so AA --> will be OFF now

and

Smokes and chimetrail on --> 4 or 5 ;)

424435Capture001.jpg

For Normandy try turning down your

Clutter 150 to 200 your s is at 750

Visible 2000 to 3000 yours is 5000

Preload about 5000 yours is 10000

Also VampireNZ suggested putting Terrain Textures to low you have eleve ?? High for me DCS seems to run better and in Gazelle in Normandy it flies very smoothly. I also can't really tell any difference with terrain graphically.

I'd even turn deferred shading off.

If you can run pixel density at maybe 1.1 it may help reduce moire (beat patterning) a bit.

With 980Ti I can only run MSAA at 2 otherwise I get some micro stuttering.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.