Unable to make JTAC lase targets

Hey guys,

I spent around 2h trying to make JTAC lase the target - I used ground and airborne ones, Perform Task or Start Enroute Task - whatever I chose, each time JTAC would say "NO MARK". Has anyone else encountered that or has anyone a simple mission done in 1.5.7 with working / lasing JTAC that you could share? Thanks!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

There were problems with air jtac doing in, but not sure about ground. I will have to check.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 3 months later...
What unit is the controller? ED made HMMWV unable to lase but HMMWV TOW able to for some crazy reason.
Tried JTAC with a HMMWV yesterday and it still doesn't seem to be working. JTAC still says "no mark". I'll try the HMMWV TOW.

EDIT: It works. Awesome!

Edited by kontiuka

• 3 weeks later...
Tried JTAC with a HMMWV yesterday and it still doesn't seem to be working. JTAC still says "no mark". I'll try the HMMWV TOW.

EDIT: It works. Awesome!

Any chance you could share your mission file?

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I've been playing with JTAC etc.. recently. It seems that the recon group has be quite close to be able to mark with laser regardless of unit type. So much so that I'm pretty sure they would be spotted and killed very quickly irl.

That being said however, I've managed to get all kinds of things to lase, even armed houses etc.

• 2 months later...

JTAC I placed does not appear in my Radio menu

sad.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉