Thrustmaster Warthog issues, Windows 10 Pro

Just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64 with a fresh OEM install and system new build (7600K @ 5.3ghz // Asus IX Code).

Everything appeared good-to-go until my Logitech G510 Keyboard would work in windows but not during the boot process to get into BIOS. Bought a generic software free plug and play keyboard to resolve that for now.

Now to the bigger issue: I installed the up-to-date Thrustmaster Warthog drivers. Plugged them in, etc. Opened the TARGET device analyzer. The throttle was indicated and appeared functional, the joystick did not appear.

I opened firmware update to investigate. Throttle firmware was indicated up to date. Joystick indicate '0.' I clicked firmware update, after about 15 seconds a red 'X' appeared with a "b\Bootload 0x0000000C error message. This was while plugged in USB 2.0. Uninstalled drivers, restarted, changed USB ports, reinstalled...same thing.

I pulled up a document by Thrustmaster detailing the "Bootloader method" for installing the firmware. Step by step, negative results.

Is this a known issue, and how do I correct this?

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Haven't had an issue personally with my Warthog in Windows 10...but I did have issues with an x52 not responding before I purchased my hog because windows wanted to install a different driver than what I was downloading.

If the stick is showing up in device manager...right click it and "update driver", then "Browse my computer for driver software." Then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer." If you have more than one listed in the white box.. try one and see how it goes, and if not try the other.

Sorry if it doesn't help..but about the only thing I can think of if the joystick wasn't damaged in any way.

*Edit*

This post probably belongs in the input/output section of the forums just fyi. :)

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

• 3 weeks later...

Cant help with the Warthog, but the keyboard thing is common, not a Win 10 issue, can appear regardless of OS.

Different USB ports can help.

Some BIOS setting can help / hinder the issue.

If there is an easy way to get the cover crap off the motherboard i'd be doing that.

Regardless of what Asus say it's more detrimental than beneficial.

I'm a bit of a fan of this article, might be interest you.

http://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-hardware-needs-to-grow-up/

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

• 2 weeks later...

I had some issues with my warthog when using USB 2.0 switched both plugs to USB 3.0 no more issues. Maybe give it a try.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal