Sling loading in 1.5.7 became very difficult

SnapRoll

Hi all

Don’t know if this is a bug or if it is supposed to be like that, but sling loading has become very difficult for me. I am relatively new to the Mi-8 but in 1.5.6 I was able to do Sling Loading without much trouble. That’s especially true for picking up the cargo.

However, now in 1.5.7 I just can’t do it anymore.

1. The rope tears super easily. This happens during pickup and when trying to slowdown.

2. Sometimes when hovering above cargo the hook does not get hooked. No matter how long hovering above it. Going out of the zone and come back in normally solves it.

Sidenote: There seems to be also a new animation where the rope gets dropped when above cargo. I certainly haven’t noticed it before

3. The rope vibrates/flickers like mad when in air

Does anyone experience the same problems? Did I learn something that was too easy before or is it now to hard?

PC Specs: Win10, 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5CL30@6000Mhz, ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, LG OLED42C2, Pico 4
Flight Sim Gear: VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base and 6cm extension, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip with Rotor TCS Plus Base, BRD-F1 Rudders(Su-35), 3x8"LCD 1024x768 with TM-MFDs, DIY dashboard with 60 buttons and 8 axis MMJOY2, POV-HAT(no TrackIR)
Aircraft: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-5E, Mig-21bis, Mig-15bis, AH-64D, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, Black Shark 2 & 3, Uh-1H, FC3, SpitfireLFMkIX, P-51D, I-16, Mosquito FB VI, Bf109K-4
Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, Channel, Sinai

Tech: WWII Assets Pack, Supercarrier

Hello,

I can confirm 2) and 3).

For 1) I am not sure because I am currently flying the Oilfield campaign and the current mission is to lift off a 4 350 kg load, so I thought it was normal that the rope or helicopter brakes easily if one does not lift off the load right in the axis and ultra smooothly (VSI less than 1 m/s).

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

In the 1.5.7 changelog:

UH-1H by Belsimtek

- Corrected a strange behavior of long cargo rope after hooking.

So the problem we have is maybe a side effect.

Anyway, I reverted to 1.5.6 and sling load operations are back to "normal" ;)

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

I have the same problems, sometimes, and sometimes not. It is like a 50/50 Chance if it will work without bugs or not in my case.

Also if something is not working, the Mi8 loses its tail and crashes on the ground.

+1 in 2.whatever.

It needs an incredibly slow increase in altitude to gently take the slack and lift the load successfully. Even at 100 KPh I cannot deliver an 500kg load without the rope breaking.

Really excellent training for lifting the load mind, got me a 4000Kg load airbourne the other day..... real tight, real slow... every dark cloud as they say.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Hi falks!

The fourth task of The border campaign can not go beyond the too sensitive hanging cable, or the packet or split will split off during the helicopter lift. The most difficult load is 1500kg. Before the upgrade, packages could be picked up on the mountain. ;(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can confirm that I just moved a 2600lb load with my Huey and a similar load in my Mi8 in 2.2. Seems good.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.