Destroyed Items Mod

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

This Mod gives you the ability to place damaged items via the mission editor. I take absolutely no credit for the destruction Models, as they are currently available in sim. All I have done is allow you to place them and make scenes as you see fit. Many thanks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165371&stc=1&d=1499257674

attachment.php?attachmentid=165372&stc=1&d=1499257674

attachment.php?attachmentid=165373&stc=1&d=1499257674

Here is the link for download:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LVMjHctCo9QzdILTU3RHM2cjA/view?usp=sharing

Simply place the extracted folder into your user saved games folder entitled Mods. eg Users/Yourname/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech Please enjoy being creative. I am sure this will not work in 2.1.1 but I have not been able to test it to see.

Edited by SUNTSAG
  • Like 1

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks great, I'll give it a shot. thanks!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

a very good idea ;)

thumb up .

Clevo Sager - i7 6700-K 4.0Ghz OC@4.4Ghz - RAM 32GB DDR4 - VIDEO Nvidia 980 GTX 8Go - XFi SoundBlaster

VR with Oculus Rift - KGB Gunfighter-Pro + Cougar Gaz + Simped + volant T300 + pédalier LeoBodnar

how long does the smoke works ?

for exemple to put some " damaged " and smokes in a town. like Stalingrad in BOS

is there a way to do so ? (except with a lua script ever done, but not MP and FPS frienly, to spawn and make explode some units randomly in town )

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

how long does the smoke works ?

for exemple to put some " damaged " and smokes in a town. like Stalingrad in BOS

is there a way to do so ? (except with a lua script ever done, but not MP and FPS frienly, to spawn and make explode some units randomly in town )

Hi Snowsniper,

I simply use the "smoke on unit" (White) in the mission editor which lasts for about 5 minutes I believe. I will probably use a timed trigger to activate it in a mission when allied forces are in the area up to a maximum of 15 minutes duration. That is what I am contemplating at the moment.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is a fantastic idea!

Normandy did not look so pretty by the time D-Day had begun.

Yet the scenery looks pristine!

This is something ED should address in sim.

Perhaps add this mod to the core game!

Having select-able damage to the buildings and countryside in the ME while designing missions?

Count me in!

Thanks for this,

We need landscape damage now!

Craters!

I wonder.....................

I will look into this..............Place-able bomb craters! :thumbup:

I'll be back!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Is this client side only, or (because the units and models already exist in DCS) if you had this on a MP server, could all players see it?

Hi Sport,

I tested that theory prior to releasing the mod and unfortunately it does not work server side only. All parties must have a copy of the mod. It's disappointing I know, I was rather hoping this would not be the case.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have created 4 templates associated with this mod, to get people started. It is a Town/Village and an Industrial Complex; one for BLUEFOR and one for REDFOR. Please refer to the link below containing the .lua file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LVMjHctCo9amstcmdGbkk3VkU/view?usp=sharing

All you need to do is download the file then open it with "Notepad++" . Now open the templates.lua file found @ Users/Yourname/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/MissionEditor.

Simply copy all the lines from my file you just downloaded and paste into the templates.lua file and save it. You will now have the relevant templates selectable under USA & Russia. Cheers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165406&stc=1&d=1499348894

attachment.php?attachmentid=165407&stc=1&d=1499348894

Edited by SUNTSAG

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Re the smoke time question. Does adjusting the fire time, size and agony values in the lua increase the length of time for the fire and smoke. Thinking the agony time (which is 180 secs) might do something for the smoke.

Yes you are absolutely right reference burn times etc. My original intention was not to have the destroyed items destructible, therefore I did not include any burn times in my lua files. I had originally intended that people could use the "smoke on unit" functionality, from within the mission editor.

Based upon the feedback I have received thus far, I have decided to update my mod to include the burn time elements. It provides a much more realistic effect in terms of flames and smoke. The bigger the building the longer the effect will last for. I have also added this to all the vehicles in the mod. (Please refer to the original post for the revised download link "Destroyed Items Mod 3").

One thing to note, enemy units will attack all the elements provided within this pack and can destroy them; leading to flames and smoke. The ability for this to happen is great in certain circumstances (ie enemy ground units entrenched in the ruins) but not in others. Therefore if you DON'T want this to take place you will need to make the destroyed item "invisible" from within the ME. You can also use the timed or flagged elements from within the ME to explode these units as you see fit, so the possibilities are quite extensive.

I am also considering making an "Airfield" based version of this mod but that will depend on the strength of the feedback I receive, so please let me know if that would interest you. Cheers

attachment.php?attachmentid=165449&stc=1&d=1499424014

attachment.php?attachmentid=165450&stc=1&d=1499424014

attachment.php?attachmentid=165451&stc=1&d=1499424024

Edited by SUNTSAG

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am also considering making an "Airfield" based version of this mod but that will depend on the strength of the feedback I receive, so please let me know if that would interest you. Cheers

Wow!

This keeps getting better!

Thank you!

And,

Yes please!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Here is the download link for the AirfieldPlus mod "Destroyed and Damaged Airfield and FARP Items".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1LVMjHctCo9R0xCdTBGZkhzQUU/view?usp=sharing

It also includes destructible craters that can be destroyed by using "explosion unit" from within the mission editor (See Image below).

attachment.php?attachmentid=165713&stc=1&d=1499944769

attachment.php?attachmentid=165714&stc=1&d=1499944892

attachment.php?attachmentid=165715&stc=1&d=1499944892

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did anyone ever tell you that you are AWESOME?

Well now they have!

Great work!

Just what WW II needs.

Thanks a crater Full! :D