-= ACG WW2 War Server (EU) =- (Normandy44)

IronJockel

-= ACG WW2 War Server (EU) =- (Normandy44)  

25 members have voted

1. 1. -= ACG WW2 War Server (EU) =- (Normandy44)

• Yes
    • No

Air Combat Group is happy to announce its Normandy44 Dedicated Server.

ACG_Logo_Short_Rotate_500x125_v001.gif

-= ACG WW2 Server (EU) =-

The server is based in Germany, has an upload of 100Mbit and is running full real missions.

Server offers:

-Ciribob's Simple radio

-A2G Tasking

-Bombers and Intercept Radar (currently off)

-Combined Arms integration

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/

Server IP: 85.93.89.102:10308

special thanks to Flight Control and Ciribob

Edited by IronJockel

Nice!

Thanks for providing clouds/ weather too in your missions IJ. I apprecaite a bit of variation.

Couple of questions:

Ciribob's Simple radio

Is SR working with all the WW2 aircraft now?

(I thought it wasn't working with the Spit.. or at all for Normandy)

Also;

Can you remove the mission-makers FoV setting files from your missions? They over-ride our custom FoV settings, resulting in the fish-eye effect when on your serer.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Nice!

Thanks for providing clouds/ weather too in your missions IJ. I apprecaite a bit of variation.

Couple of questions:

Ciribob's Simple radio

Is SR working with all the WW2 aircraft now?

(I thought it wasn't working with the Spit.. or at all for Normandy)

Also;

Can you remove the mission-makers FoV setting files from your missions? They over-ride our custom FoV settings, resulting in the fish-eye effect when on your serer.

1. I don't have the spit, but i've settet up channels.

2. Done

Cool, thanks for the server!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Excellent. Are you going to feature the labels mod like on the Burning Skies server?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I added a poll for this one.

I am not a big fan of the mod, as you can see the dot trough wings etc.

But i let the majority decide.

thanks for the poll buddy, I hope you do! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I hear you Jockel and do agree, be the fact of the matter is they are the best compromise until ED pulls its finger out

I hear you Jockel and do agree, be the fact of the matter is they are the best compromise until ED pulls its finger out

Thumb up, brigg

Totally agree, and could be a good improvement also added on cold war server (sorry for the OT)

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Do you also have ground targets to strafe and bomb?

I had a quick look at the briefing last night, and yes, there are ground targets and ships. Unforunatley I only saw armoured units as ground targets, which is annoying for us poor spitfire pilots who don't have any heavy ordnance.

I'd love to see some "soft" convoys of supply trucks etc. using the roads further in land for us to hunt. .. wink, wink....

NO

Yet another arcade-ish server :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

NO

Yet another arcade-ish server :)

Whilst this is true, hardly anyone is currently playing online.

The servers that get traffic are those with the mod, currently.

I'd also prefer to NOT have it, but I also don't want to fly an empty server. So I think, in the meantime (whilst the map is till in alpha and the MP community seems so small) having it on is a reasonable compromise.. . for now, in order to try and get a few more folks in the servers.

TBH, I actually don't have much trouble with contact spotting in the absence of the mod. I think its already as fairly easy, if not easier than it is in real life; to see contacts in DCS 2 normandy

I fly alone most of the times, so the surprise attack is my only "weapon" against players that fly together. And yes, spotting got a little better in 2.1.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

I fly alone most of the times, so the surprise attack is my only "weapon" against players that fly together. And yes, spotting got a little better in 2.1.

I think the sound radar is a real problem here too.

1. Pilots should struggle physically with the canopy open above around 8,000ft, and

2. it should not be so easy to hear other aircraft over the engine and wind noise of one's own machine.

Yes, I know it is possible to hear other aircraft and noises that are close by, but with the audio sliders I can ajust in game to hear aircraft that a 300 or 400m away. That's a bit too far, and makes it so much harder in DCS to bounce someone than I think it should be.

I added more B17 raids and fixed some bugs.

Now, after 15 minutes into the mission there should be always 16 bombers in the area to intercept (unless they got destroyed).

Germans will a bra message to them every 2 minutes. If anybody notice that this isn't the case, pls report, so i can fix it.

As for soft targets: They currently have no purpose: They can't serve as ammo trucks, nor can you use them to detect units (forward air spotter role, etc.) I also played around with infantry, but they don't do to strafing / bombs and they kill the frame rate when to much of them are in combat.

I will add soft ragets as soon as they are a viable option / have something to do beside being a target.

If you are interested you can check out my code here:

https://github.com/JohannesStrauTHBingen/ACG_DCS_Missions

But beware, currently it's a mess as i wanted to get stuff working and didn't paid much attention to code style^^

Edited by IronJockel

IronJockel,

Thanks for continuing to work ont he server/ mission, and for joining us for a bit last night. Sorry we didn't stick around after the mission updates.

If possible, may I suggest a few tweaks to the mission we flew?

1. Increase the number of spawn bases for both teams, but with fewer spawn slots at each base. It's unlikely that you're going to get squadrons with more than 6 to 8 players wanting to play right now, so there is little need for so many spawns at individual bases. With the wind the way it is, it would be nice to be able to select a base withn runways that are orientated into wind. As it was, the only choice we had for the Spits came with a rather wicked crosswind. Having more bases also provides more tactical options for entering and leaving the combat area. They don't need to be super close to the combat area either. Flying for 10 minutes shouldn't be a problem.

2. B17 formations need only be 10 to 12 aircaft I think at this point. There isn't the player base to support engaging the formations of 16. Also, you can probably incresae the timing between raids a bit. Almost the whole time there were two B17 formations within visual range of us.

3. Ships. You can add more ships without any real FPS cost. I've hosted MP missions with 15 to 30 static ships off the coast. It runs fine. Alos, it just looks better (despite not being able to see the ships any more when you are +10km away from them.. - but that's a problem with DCS, not mission design).

4. AI Fighters. I think we saw a pair of AI fighters enter the battle (there might have been a 3rd one behind them too), whilst we were following you up at 16,00ft or so. However, the AI didn't make any attempt to engage us at all. Were they supposed to be aggressive?

Thanks again!

I hope this feedback helps you with the mission.

Thx for the feedback,

as for multiple bomber formations at the same time:

This was one of the bugs i fixed. Now it always will be just one.

I will reduce the bombers. Also for frame rate sake, as weaker machines seem to struggle with that much tracer fire.

Ships: The ships are currently targets are travelling to the coast before unloading tanks. They defend them self with AAA fire and atm it's to lethal to place more of them. Almost as bad as with ships in Cliffs. More will come when this is fixed/ skip bombing is possible, as bombing them is also quite the challenge.

I didn't place any AI fighters. Don't know what you saw there^^

Probably a player.

I'll think about changing airbases.

About soft targets:

I'm going to spawn 88s at random points along the bombers route. Should give Spitfires something to do apart from dogfighting. :thumbup:

Thanks Iron, the server is very funny, the choice to put some random flak, and the objective, give the map really immersive and not only a df arena. This effort is an excellent added for the warbirds lover, and the use of the MOOSE script makes everything very fluid and linear (thanks FC)

I hope will be tested from other players

For the other ideas, I totally agree what philstyle say, and I haven't anymore to add.

PS. I love that I can choice the livery of the plane, but today I saw a K-4 with the USAAF roundel. Maybe could help add a little rule about

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here