[MERGED] Normandy Map and WWII ASSETS, Not in Module Manager

coolts

I have the keys for terrain and assets as a kickstarter backer.

I've not fired up DCS in over a year and have "open alpha" installed. I updated this and the Spitfire module popped up which i installed but i cant see how to get the Normandy terrain or ww2 assets. They don't show in module manager.

What am i doing wrong?

From the e-shop

"This product can be downloaded and installed through the DCS World Module Manager."

Edited by coolts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Hi

Normandy is currently in pre-purchase and is currently only available for the kickstarter backers who paid $140 or more, as part of their reward they had access to closed alpha.

Open alpha release will be end of May

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Next Friday.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You will have to download v2 first. Normandy will be installed from inside the Module Manager just like the aircraft that you currently have. By default v2 will install in it's own folder and will not interfere with v1.5 at all.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You will have to download v2 first. Normandy will be installed from inside the Module Manager just like the aircraft that you currently have. By default v2 will install in it's own folder and will not interfere with v1.5 at all.

Great, thank you for your prompt reply! So i guess i should wait till Normandy is released prior to downloading 2. Should i then delete 1.5 to save disk space?

Great, thank you for your prompt reply! So i guess i should wait till Normandy is released prior to downloading 2. Should i then delete 1.5 to save disk space?

You can download DCS 2.0 now, then you don't have to download everything at once when normandy is out. Servers will be pretty busy on friday I guess :)

You can delete 1.5 to save disk space, but then you can no longer fly on the caucasus map. DCS 2.x only works with NTTR and/or Normandy.

Warning..........If your going to delete 1.5,just remember to move your liveries folder across to 2.0,otherwise you'll lose all of your custom skins that you saved within 1.5.

It may also be wise to move your inputs or controls folder across from your user/saved games/DCS folder too.

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

You can download DCS 2.0 now, then you don't have to download everything at once when normandy is out. Servers will be pretty busy on friday I guess :)

You can delete 1.5 to save disk space, but then you can no longer fly on the caucasus map. DCS 2.x only works with NTTR and/or Normandy.

OK got it, thanks very much!

Just as a feedback for those newbie's like myself downloading the DCS 2.0 in advance -- don't fret afterwards. I thought I had lost the 1.5 version because it loaded the game and asked for login information (mine was saved), the interface has a new background and the options like missions and multiplayer were grayed out since I only have the pre-purchased Normandy map.

My first thought was -- great, now I'll have to uninstall it and install the 1.5 back on and loose my setup -- I have it saved, but for sure is a bit outdated. Then I remembered people mentioning to keep both versions installed and I went to check the folders. The 1.5 is still there and I can still access the old interface like I used before.

It is a bit confusing I admit, like having two different games. I imagined the interface would remain the same with a tab for the 2.0 version.

So don't fret!

Edited by SeaW0lf

-- Win10 Pro, Philips 298P4QJEB (2560X1080), i5-9600K, Zalman 9900NT, GA-Z390 UD, GTX 1060 GamingX 6GB, 16GB 3200Mhz CL16, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, Corsair AX-750W, Carbide 300R, G940, TrackIR 5 --

Has anyone downloaded the Normandy map? I can't find it in module manager

I can't find it in the module manager or in the row of modules on the bottom of the main menu.

I see some people are getting errors refreshing the module manager but I'm not by the way.

So just wondering if anyone has downloaded it and if so was it under Maps? Did you also have to download a seperate module for the assests and if so where was that?

Use Utility or Command Line to install, Seems Module Manager is having some issues.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs