Disk-Space ?

Blech

Hi,

Would be nice to have the information what disk-space will be needed for :

Normandy-Map

Assets Pack

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you should consider to change the information in the E-Shop about the disk-space of DCS-Versions, Moduls, Terrains, Campaigns

Minimum system requirements/Recommended system requirements : Hard disk space: 30 GB ??? :doh:

DCS World 2.x (only Su-25T, TF-51D) ca 22 GB

Nevada ca 33 GB

Total ca 55 GB

Hi,

Would be nice to have the information what disk-space will be needed for :

Normandy-Map

Assets Pack

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you should consider to change the information in the E-Shop about the disk-space of DCS-Versions, Moduls, Terrains, Campaigns

Minimum system requirements/Recommended system requirements : Hard disk space: 30 GB ??? :doh:

DCS World 2.x (only Su-25T, TF-51D) ca 22 GB

Nevada ca 33 GB

Total ca 55 GB

The clue is in the word MINIMUM. You can install 1.5.6 and fly a TF-51D and Su-25 without installing anything else. That will run from a 30 GB disk, so it is entirely accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

i am asking Wags, Sith or official testers: how will be installed the normandy map ? (two weeks later by now)

will get an update the current 2.0.5 nttr map (upto 2.1.0) and installed into its mods\terrains folder ?

or ?

what's the plan ?

thanks

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Do I need to download the nevada map to get 2.1.0 though? I don't own it and want to run it just the Normandy map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

Do I need to download the nevada map to get 2.1.0 though? I don't own it and want to run it just the Normandy map.

No.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hello,

it will be an update to 2.1.0 and installed to Mods folder.

as additional, about 12 GB is needed for Normandy map and Assets pack.

Thank you for that info.

I do find it misleading to say on every module Buy page the same old "30Gb" minimum system requirement which does not relate to the module being sold. Can ED please add the module disc space required in the description for each module on the Buy page and in the Terrains/Modules pages description so that we don't have to trawl the forums for the info? Some customers may not even be forum members.

Thanks.

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Hello,

it will be an update to 2.1.0 and installed to Mods folder.

as additional, about 12 GB is needed for Normandy map and Assets pack.

Who is that masked man? 1000 rep power and 76 posts, what a star. Also, thank you for the answer, my SSD can cope with that until "the big merge" and I can go back to just 2 installs.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

• 2 months later...

Normandy guys: Does anyone purchased Normandy map having issues lately even when you set your graphic settings to low? I mean it's not smooth AT ALL freeze and crash!! My gpu is GTX1060-6gb super clocked with i7 4770 cpu 3.40gh+ 16 gb ram + 1.51 tb free, and still that Normandy map it's not working properly!! Am I the only one having these issues?

Probably not the only one, but you certainly won't get many (if any) answers by posting in a thread which is completely off-topic to your issue.

Search and post in the bugs and problems section of the map...

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=554

... or in general bugs and problems section of DCS 2.1.x:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=474

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.