upuaut's Bell 47 Alpha release!

Welcome!

This is a up-date to upuart's Bell-47 making it compatible with DCS 2.5.5

This is a ai version only.

All original edm's have been up-dated by upuart so the agro sprayer, stretchers and rockets/guns do show in sim!

They are selectable on the weapons screen.

Also included are extra liveries created by resident lua wizard SUNTSAG.

(With a wink and thanks for the LA Police livery....I have graduated!):D

Please note, no weapons have been tested and chances are they do not work.

I have not changed his load outs or weapon code.

A monstrous THANK YOU!

to upuart for up-dating the edm's of my favorite Helo mod!

Please do enjoy her!

Bug reports may be posted in this thread.

As well as praise and adoration to the creator! :worthy:

Well deserved for such a cool aircraft!

(My only participation in this mod was to assemble everything correctly and be sure it works, and get my name on the side.......:D)

bell-la-police.jpg

bell-47.jpg

bell-agro.jpg

bell-mash.jpg

bell-473.jpg

Have fun!

Dedicated to the fine aircrew who lost their lives in the B-17 crash in Connecticut today.

RIP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awlvwu3embbvmpl/ai%20-Bell-47-%20V%203.0%202.5.5.zip?dl=0

And now......

Presenting the Flyable Version!

Please note,

To make this mod flyable, you must copy the Bin, Cockpit and FM folders from the KA-50 folder into the Bell-47 folder.

Also, copy the two files located in the "To Replace" folder, into the Bell Cockpit/Scripts folder.

Allow overwrite.

This should be done after every DCS up-date to assure compatibility with the current DCS version.

Also this cockpit is only static.

The original mod used the Huey FM and controls.

The Huey is now locked out.

So the KA-50 must be used.

Because of this, All the controls and displays need to be recoded to use the KA-50 code.

A long tedious process.....

It also appears to have a few missing textures.

Very much a WIP.

Please have patience. I know upuart is very busy with RL at the moment.

Thanks for understanding.

And DO HAVE FUN!

Pre-Beta version

Bugs should be noted in this thread.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovhvymj3da5av2o/Bell-47%20V.%203.0%20Pre-Beta.rar?dl=0

AND......Thanks to Crazyeddie, drop this folder into the main Bell-47 folder to add the Bell rotor sound!

Merci my friend!

(drop into both versions.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84iey37kiy9ju3s/Bell47%20Sound.ZIP?dl=0

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic! I have been waiting to include this in Georgian Spring as the NATO medevac chopper!

Indeed, perfect! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thank you, I get a nice AI type that I can watch, but not working for me, with a cockpit that I can sit in, also there is no collective in the Axis commands.

Maybe I've missed something, did read the wordpad notes.

It is however a work of art. Will pop back tommorrow if there is an update or kind person points me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

Thank you, I get a nice AI type that I can watch, but not working for me, with a cockpit that I can sit in, also there is no collective in the Axis commands.

Maybe I've missed something, did read the wordpad notes.

It is however a work of art. Will pop back tommorrow if there is an update or kind person points me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

Do you own and have the Huey installed?

It is required to be flyable.

Otherwise, if you did not mess up the install, (unlikely) , Remove all mods and do a DCS repair.

I use Skate's utility.

This has fixed many issues for me.

Hope this helps.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Found a workaround to the Dropbox traffic problen, hosting it on my Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_TRANgoOzolTG9BaTNYYUpPMFk/view?usp=sharing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

Thanks for the link...but 7-zip can't open the .rar...?

Use winrar

Thanks...is the Doc folder supposed to be empty? I don't have any instructions in there. Does this whole folder just get put in Aircraft?

Thanks

edit: I installed the folder under mods/aircraft/. I can only get it to work as an AI aircraft - even when it is set as "client". It loads as AI in "fast mission" as well. I have the Huey installed.

I don't know if I missed something, looks like it...

Edited by Scarecrow84

Thanks...is the Doc folder supposed to be empty? I don't have any instructions in there. Does this whole folder just get put in Aircraft?

Thanks

edit: I installed the folder under mods/aircraft/. I can only get it to work as an AI aircraft - even when it is set as "client". It loads as AI in "fast mission" as well. I have the Huey installed.

I don't know if I missed something, looks like it...

Did you copy the bin folder from the Huey to your Bell 47?

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Can't open the rar files from either upuaut's dcs download site or the other one shown, comes up corrupted files both times.

It works for me.

I will upload a link tonight.

At work.

In about 8 hours or so.

Finally got it, my Winzip install was completely screwed up so I had to fix that first, what a pain !!!.

This has always been my favourite thrashing machine since we first used it in Aden (Now Yemen) in the 60's. Then we moved on to Scouts, then Gazelles, but the Sioux was special, it was the bastard child that fell out of every tree and broke every green house window, but we still loved it. You could just about get it up in the air in the Radfan Mountains with 2 people up, 3 was pushing your luck !!!!

Thanks upuaut, really been looking forward to this. Might do a few UK skins for it.

Might do a few UK skins for it.
Might?...... :music_whistling:

I would be willing to bet it will be only a few days before we see more skins......

After all, I think you are addicted to making them. :D

And we are all the happier for it!

Please do not get cured!

We like you the way you are!:megalol:

Bell 47G Armed! Testers needed

Bell 47G Armed! Testers needed

I am looking for two or three Huey systems proficient pilots to help with testing a fully armed Bell 47G.

Knowledge of the Bell 47 and it's role and weapon systems during the Viet and Korea conflicts a plus.

PM me if interested.

Hawkeye