loosing air pressure

razo+r

after a few minutes of flying, doesn't matter if auto or manually started, my air pressure gauge shows me 0

I made sure that I don't use the brakes a lot, so 4 times pressing the handle should drain everything right?

... well... no

didn't know the mig uses air for that

Page 69 of the EN manual:

Neutral position is important: when you

retract your gears, compressed air is used to brake the tyres and

prevent them from rotating. Once you retract your gears, place

the handle in neutral position to prevent further consumption of

compressed air. If you forget to do this, you may waste all of your compressed air during flight, so

when you land, you won’t be able to use your brakes and drag chute, since these two important

systems consume compressed air as an energy source.

RTFM time ;)

i flew it a few times with handle up and never loss air, I've been able to use the brakes at landing with the gear handle up the whole flight... i guess something changed then...

It's been in since it launched. Not saying it was working all the time in the years since, but it was definitely present at launch.

Edited by Buzzles

Indeed, move it to neutral. Otherwise no chute or brakes.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It's been in since it launched. Not saying it was working all the time in the years since, but it was definitely present at launch.

I have always left the handle in the full up position, I don't think I've ever lost pressure until the recent patch. I thought dead brakes at landing was some new bug at first but this explains it I guess. It was certainly re-implemented if it was indeed removed in the early days.

It was certainly re-implemented if it was indeed removed in the early days.

This did not change since the release. However, internal clock for some systems might changed that could affect the speed the air is bleeding.

Can you measure the time needed for a pressure drop to 50 atm?

If you can, please submit the bug report so we can check this.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tested it in MP on my last flight. The pressure in main pneu. system will drop to 50atm in ~4,5min, counted from take off run.

EDIT: Tested it again, same result of ~4,5min to drop to 50atm, so its consistent at least, not sure if its correct tho.

Edited by Golo

This did not change since the release. However, internal clock for some systems might changed that could affect the speed the air is bleeding.

Can you measure the time needed for a pressure drop to 50 atm?

If you can, please submit the bug report so we can check this.

Hi, sorry did not see you reply for a while. I just ran a quick test from airstart and after switching the gear level to 'up' it lost pressure to operate the brakes within 5 minutes. I don't know how long it took before, but it definitely was not 5 minutes.

I'm looking here at the left needle of the gauge under the radio channel knob. Do you mean when it hits 5 by 50? Because the pressure was still dropping after the brakes seized the respond. I didn't catch the exact moment they seized being usable, but around 5 sounds correct.

Also, the brake lever itself does not move anymore once you are out of pressure. This was initially the thing that made me think its a bug, or is it correct that the lever would seize as well?

EDIT: oops, also did not see Golo's reply. Well, I'm hereby confirming it then.

• 2 weeks later...
THe only thing I know is that the drag chute is not opening now.

I never had any problems with my drag chute, for me both release and dissconect working as expected.

Edited by Golo

• 1 year later...

I was searching for similar posts regarding brakes issues that i have,

on landing drag chute is deployed, however brakes are not working... i can see that the handle on the stick is pressed, can even hear the sound, however if i open a controls overlay i can see that break line is not moving at all, emergency brakes are working fine

is anyone else facing this issue?

AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz, 16gb DDR3, MSI R9 390, MS FF2 & CH Throttle PRO, track IR 4 & Lenovo Explorer VMR

I was searching for similar posts regarding brakes issues that i have,

on landing drag chute is deployed, however brakes are not working... i can see that the handle on the stick is pressed, can even hear the sound, however if i open a controls overlay i can see that break line is not moving at all, emergency brakes are working fine

is anyone else facing this issue?

If you leave the gear handle in the UP position your brake pressure will drop to zero.

Make sure the gear handle is placed in NEUTRAL once the gear is up.

It still catches me out occasionally.

Page 69 of the EN manual:

RTFM time ;)

Agreed - always a good time to RTFM, as I didn't know that either. The other day I was wondering why I couldn't deploy my chute and, despite me braking, ended up in the fence, running out of runway. Heck, I even checked my keybindings. So thanks for that!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 5 months later...

Hi Folks,

I have had this problem for some time now and have managed to find the problem.

I must admit I have been waiting for this 'losing break/compressed air' problem to be fixed for a while.

I had a problem with XP11 recently and ended up wondering if this is the problem with the Mig21.

For anyone who is bleeding compressed air and end up with no breaks or chute:-

Are you using an axis lever to apply the brakes?

If so disable it in the settings and use something else - not a lever.

I was convinced that it was a problem with the module as I had tested the Mig21 on 2.0 with no issues.

I dont think the lever I've been using on my CH throttle quadrant is calibrating properly in Win/DCS.

I now use the paddle on my warthog joystick and have had no further problems with losing compressed air.

Edited by drack