Oculus, DCS ,Switches descriptions bad quality

MManowski

:helpsmilie:

Hi everyone,

At first I apologize:

I do not speak English and I need to use google translator :-).

I really try to find a solution in the forum, but I can not recognize many words and I did not solve the problem ...

My problem :

When I use Oculus, I can not read the switches description, they are unreadable.

I tried using the oculus debug tool, but no effect.

Can I configure nvidia or oculus settings?

can you help me, my friends?

My configuration is:

Windows 10 x64

Oculus CV1

Nvidia GTX 1060 6 Gb Drivers are up to date.

DCS 1.5.xxx

Modules A10c and Uh-1.

:helpsmilie:

Regards and great thanks

Maciek Manowski

Don't expect too much from GTX 1060. Post your graphic settings here and we will see what can be done (and your full specs too).

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Okay a few basic suggestions for rift.

The rift does not have to be very tight fitting indeed it does not need to attach with the veracity of a face hugging alien this will improve comfort and reduce sweating give you a better experience.

Adjust the angle of the rift for minimal colour fringing top and bottom of display. You'll end up with a bit of colour fringing top and bottom but this is expected this adjustment will give you best resolution overall in conjunction with inter ocular distance also adjust the relative height of the rift to you eyes using the top band. all these adjustments will slightly interact so go through them it a few times.

It wont increase the basic resolution but it will improve the overall image quality.

The instruments in the UH1 are okay I have mine set to maximum in the settings for the model.

On the other hand the Gazelle instruments are pretty difficult to read even on a dell 30 inch 2.6K monitor? Yet I can read the serial number of the targeting scope etc. I hope there is a fix coming soon.

I have a 980Ti and run DCS 2.0.x mostly and find the rift great to use of course I would like more resolution and it will come but for now I enjoy immersion. DCS also needs to utilize more CPU cores that would help.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Agree with adjusting the headset for best visualization.

Also Pixel Density ( set in the VR option in DCS).

1.5 seems to be about the sweet spot if your rig can run that.

Nvidia control panel won't have any effect on what you see in the Rift.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Agree with adjusting the headset for best visualization.

Also Pixel Density ( set in the VR option in DCS).

1.5 seems to be about the sweet spot if your rig can run that.

Nvidia control panel won't have any effect on what you see in the Rift.

MManowski here is something that may help you get some better coloration. Vibrancy, gamma, output dynamic range set to full...but you need to do the work around first.

read this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184259&highlight=vibrancy

Edited by fitness88

Hi,

Great thanks for the reply, guys.

I'm afraid my configuration is not as good as I hope :-)

ASRock B150 Gaming K4 / Hyper

QuadCore Intel Core i5-6500, 3500MHz (35 x 100)

Intel Sunrise Point B150, Intel Skylake-S

Kingston HyperX KHX2133C14D4 / 8G x 2

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB driver 21.21.13.7892 - nVidia ForceWare 378.92

Windows 10 x64

Now I see another problem (?):

When I try to run Oculus debugging I have a popup:

"Can not connect to service or HMD is not connected" -

Still, Oculus works well

With the monitor I have a small problem - I have two monitors, but connected by Display Port, At the moment I do not have an adapter to change it.

What do you think about graphic settings? In the game I try many possibilities without effect.

What is VRzoom? Can you send the link?

I'm watching something else :

When I play in DCS I have double display -oculus and monitor. On monitor, I think, I have no problem. Only Oculus have problem.

1060 6Gb can handle 1.5 pix density alright, but I didn't really find this is making a huge difference. The labels are still difficult to read. I set the panel definition to 1024 but I am not sure this is helping. I would love too to know more about VRzoom. Thanks.

Agreed maybe if anything higher pixel density decreases performance slightly.

It's easier and quicker for me to just move my head in closer to the panel/meter and read it in the Gazelle. However higher resolution panel/meters in the Gazelle would help here, as I said I can read the serial number etc of the sights but the panel/meters are blurry at best. :cry:

Edited by FragBum

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Would more than 1020 cockpit resolution make a difference on the gauges, even if it was available. I tried HD cockpit mods but no joy there. Some things are really clear like the start-up screens, especially F2 view. I also find PD after 1.2 costs more than you get.

Adjusting the headset as previously mentioned will help. Use the Oculus headset adjustment tool on the home page.

Edited by fitness88

Guys let me get this straight to you regarding options in the graphics settings. If you want panels labels readable set Texture to High . that's the highest it can be with PD and zoom you can read mostly every thing written on the panels in front of you ( given that its text is big enough ).

Cockpit resolution option has nothing to do with Reading labels of gauges its only for MFD and Radars and RWR .

• Like 1

I think the problem is mostly that the technology is not keeping up to expectations. :)

Don't get me wrong it's early days and will only get better and yes I like what I see. Better displays and better optics ==better resolution albeit wanting more processing power.

It's only going to get better. :thumbup:

Rift CV here and even how much you bumb PD and AA it wont help with some text, so use VR zoom :)

Curent rift resolution just is not good enough yet (to be perfect)

Its still fun :)

Sent when im drunk with my iphone near me :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys let me get this straight to you regarding options in the graphics settings. If you want panels labels readable set Texture to High . that's the highest it can be with PD and zoom you can read mostly every thing written on the panels in front of you ( given that its text is big enough ).

Cockpit resolution option has nothing to do with Reading labels of gauges its only for MFD and Radars and RWR .

This

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, for the answer :-)

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to check DCS on the GTX 1080 ...

My observations:

Gtx 1080 and Gtx 1060 There is no difference.

I'm trying to use VR Zoom - this is a very helpful tool :-) but it did not solve the problem :-)

I try to adjust my okulus, I have little success, but I did not solve the problem.

In the future I would like to try DCS 2.0, maybe I need that?

One more time, thanks for Your help, guys