Real MFCDs available?

GazAce

Hey all, does anyone knows if there are real MFCDs are available on the market for an A-10C? I'm sure I've seen a picture of someone using them but not sure for which aircraft.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Thrustmaster MFD frames.

Cheap 4:3 LCD Monitor from thrift store

Double sided Tape.

Or Add a Project Board (The thicker foam ones from craft store) and tape the mfd frames to that.

Export MFD viewports to LCD screen.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I had 8" lcd monitors behind TM MFD's. Worked great. Sold it now that VR is a thing but it was incredible for immersion. I think the monitor and board with HDMI connector were about 80 bucks each.

I think this would do the trick (but do your own research)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/HDMI-LCD-Controller-Board-8-EJ080NA-05B-800-600-Lcd-screen-/152143417660?hash=item236c74513c

Edited by Gladman

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Interesting, thankyou

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I use them without any screens behind them, and they are still great to have.

You should get commission from Thrustmaster - this comment just made my wallet cough up $105 AUD

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you can use an iPad with an app to simulate real life MFCDs.

You can even push the buttons around the virtual MFCDs.

Probably this is as close as it comes to the real thing.

Check the link below. :)

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B

Probably this is as close as it comes to the real thing.

Actually, using the TM MFDs, which have physical switches, with real monitors behind them, is much closer to the real thing than anything you can produce on a touch screen display.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I like mine and adding screens make them even better though with VR now, don't need the screens. Still use the MFD's for tactile use of course in VR.

A few pics of my custom designed mounts for them.

DiVBHdr.jpg?1

wzORo7F.jpg?1

L8aU2as.jpg

ceIOKDq.jpg

Hope you don't mind the pics. Can remove if so.

I like mine and adding screens make them even better though with VR now, don't need the screens. Still use the MFD's for tactile use of course in VR.

A few pics of my custom designed mounts for them.

DiVBHdr.jpg?1

wzORo7F.jpg?1

L8aU2as.jpg

ceIOKDq.jpg

Hope you don't mind the pics. Can remove if so.

Did you do it yourself? Looks cool!

Could you please give me some guidance how to do that?

Thanks

Re:MFCDs

Umm excuse my ignorance but those pics of MFCDs ( and btw thank you for posting them ) so are they real working ones and if so how are they powered? USB? I'm a little confused about this housing thing.

Those are TM MFDs, which are USB devices, combined with USB displays and then packaged very well. You should be aware that if your system is not at the upper end of the spectrum you may see an FPS impact from using USB displays.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I understand now and thanks kindly for your advice, I'll keep that in mind :o)

Umm excuse my ignorance but those pics of MFCDs ( and btw thank you for posting them ) so are they real working ones and if so how are they powered? USB? I'm a little confused about this housing thing.

Yes they are working screens. They are not USB however, they are regular LCD screens. Though USB ones could have been emplyed certainly, but not this clean/lean of a housing design I think. There is a wire that comes out the bottom and attaches to the controller board which where it gets powered and connected to PC from. I am extending the harness wire that goes from the controller board to the screen to keep it clean. The housing is one I designed and printed with a 3d printer. A couple final minor tweaks and design will be final. I made some other mounts that are for the MFD's without screens added as well.

Again, going to VR has made functional MFD screens not as much of a priority any more sadly. Just the stock TM Cougar MFD frames meet my needs now with my adapters for them. :doh:

Did you do it yourself? Looks cool!

Could you please give me some guidance how to do that?

Thanks

Yeah I designed the cases myself then had them printed. I just went to tinkercad.com website and designed them on the site for free and downloaded the model file then had a guy I found on 3dhubs.com who was in my immediate area to print them for me and he is a cool guy and I tweak design, send him file and he prints, I pick up and test fit, tweak design, he prints..rinse and repeat till I got/get it right.

My mistake. I assumed (see what happens ;) ) that they were USB.

My mistake. I assumed (see what happens ;) ) that they were USB.

Eh, it was a pretty safe assumption to make considering 90% it seems use them and most of the other 10% use one large screen for both. Us outliers are kinda rare it seems. :smilewink:

Yeah I designed the cases myself then had them printed. I just went to tinkercad.com website and designed them on the site for free and downloaded the model file then had a guy I found on 3dhubs.com who was in my immediate area to print them for me and he is a cool guy and I tweak design, send him file and he prints, I pick up and test fit, tweak design, he prints..rinse and repeat till I got/get it right.

Nice, do you have screen and electronic part names, what type of screen did you use, how to connect it etc.. I am planning to do this kind of screen I have Cougar MFD but do not have screens, lilliputs are very expensive for me, I do have GTX 1070 so it should be OK for A-1O and Falcon BMS, and your screens look so cool very compact , perfect job

Nice, do you have screen and electronic part names, what type of screen did you use, how to connect it etc.. I am planning to do this kind of screen I have Cougar MFD but do not have screens, lilliputs are very expensive for me, I do have GTX 1070 so it should be OK for A-1O and Falcon BMS, and your screens look so cool very compact , perfect job

Here is a link to the screens I am using. I just have them in portrait mode vs landscape. and they fit perfect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7inch-800x600-Lcd-panel-LVDS-TTL-Tcon-board-DVI-VGA-lcd-controller-board-/181356421375?hash=item2a39af60ff

This guy is great and I got them in like 3-4days from China. I have ordered several set of screens from him and all has gone without issue. Very happy to buy from him again and will. He has hundreds of screens of all types, touch, non touch, all res's and sizes and ratios/formats.

Here is a pic of a couple different screens I have. The one on the bottom is the model used for my MFD's

mqBR5t0.jpg

and I only see cable for TM MFD, where is the cable for LCD screen ? can you take more pics from different angles

The cable from the screen to the controller board are being lengthened by a guy for me as I need for my install choice. This is due to the fact I am mounting mine on articulated arms versus a static install as virtually everyone else does. Unless you were trying to copy my VR chair design you really would not have to worry about lengthening the cable harness as I am doing. Once done it will be bundled with the MFD cable and comes out the bottom of my housing unit just as the MFD cable does currently.

I can snap a couple pics later and post I suppose if still not understanding from my explanation.

• Like 1

Here is a link to the screens I am using. I just have them in portrait mode vs landscape. and they fit perfect.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7inch-800x600-Lcd-panel-LVDS-TTL-Tcon-board-DVI-VGA-lcd-controller-board-/181356421375?hash=item2a39af60ff

This guy is great and I got them in like 3-4days from China. I have ordered several set of screens from him and all has gone without issue. Very happy to buy from him again and will. He has hundreds of screens of all types, touch, non touch, all res's and sizes and ratios/formats.

Here is a pic of a couple different screens I have. The one on the bottom is the model used for my MFD's

mqBR5t0.jpg

The cable from the screen to the controller board are being lengthened by a guy for me as I need for my install choice. This is due to the fact I am mounting mine on articulated arms versus a static install as virtually everyone else does. Unless you were trying to copy my VR chair design you really would not have to worry about lengthening the cable harness as I am doing. Once done it will be bundled with the MFD cable and comes out the bottom of my housing unit just as the MFD cable does currently.

I can snap a couple pics later and post I suppose if still not understanding from my explanation.

Got it, and are you using 7-inch or 8-inch screens? I think 7 is bit small for Cougar MFD don't you think ? I would like to ask you to shoot some pics when device is actually operational, and if you could share your design of the housing would be great, I am pretty bad at designing this kind of things, Thanks in advance

Got it, and are you using 7-inch or 8-inch screens? I think 7 is bit small for Cougar MFD don't you think ? I would like to ask you to shoot some pics when device is actually operational, and if you could share your design of the housing would be great, I am pretty bad at designing this kind of things, Thanks in advance

Yes I am using 7inch screens because they are 4:3 ratio vs 16:10 or 16:9 as the USB lilliputs are and most LCD panels out there. The cougar MFD is square, not a rectangle, so a 7 inch 4:3 is perfect where as if you go with 16:9 or so you have to use 8inch and then it sticks out the sides or even further down below if in portrait mode.

I will hook one up with the short cable and snap a couple pics so you can see it in operation in the frame, try to over the next day or so. I have another tweak to make on frame design and once it is all dialed in I will share out the file sure. I actually created a thread for my VR chair project a while ago and keep meaning to update it.

Here is the link to it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178486

In case anyone else has an old monitor or can get one cheaply, you could do like me and velcro the TM MFD's to it. It's easy to extract MFD and radar screens to a second monitor like this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel: