LOCKON Model Viewer not working error message ?

3d Roger

Help plsz i have got a problem with LOCKON Model Viewer it won't work for me , gives me the following error message on attempting to run it - help plsz ??

error message as follows

--------------------

ModelViewer.cfg not found

it will be created on exit

OK

I am running winxp pro - clean install of Lomac etc on d:\lockon,i placed prog in root of game etc

i have also tried on c:\ drive the default ubisoft etc install path - i still get same error !! ???????

any ideas or help plsz ??

i would like to be able to view the ED 3d models

Thanks

Roger

I don't really understand fully about 3dmax yet, since I'm still learning about it, but I'm just going to give my 2 cents here. If you are trying to open up the models in the game to 3dmax then I believe thats impossible since they are in the .lom file and hence does not allow people to steal there models. That is why if someone wanted to add a new object they have to actually start from scratch since they can't just import the model current in the game and add some touchup.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yes thats true , but its not working for me ?

is anyone actually going to help me sort this problem out , any ED devs can offer some help on your tool ??????

everything else on my pc works , 3dmax etc flawlessly , except this lomac viewer utility , and i notice on these forums no one else has posted this error message ? is my winxp pro missing some core element to make this util work ??????

help plsz i am getting frustrated that this tool won't work for me

cheers

Roger

me too.

Help plsz i have got a problem with LOCKON Model Viewer it won't work for me , gives me the following error message on attempting to run it - help plsz ??

error message as follows

--------------------

ModelViewer.cfg not found

it will be created on exit

OK

I am running winxp pro - clean install of Lomac etc on d:\lockon,i placed prog in root of game etc

i have also tried on c:\ drive the default ubisoft etc install path - i still get same error !! ???????

any ideas or help plsz ??

Thanks

Roger

me too.I see the error message every time.no *.cfg file is created.

then I created a blank cfg file myself,the tool exited without any error message. :-(

:pilotfly:fly and fight

= China 3GO Cyber Air Force =

• 2 years later...

Ok...a bit of necromancing.....did this get resolved?....I too am having the same problem....Is that a clue from swu ?

Main question I need to clear up is, does this work on LOMAC 1.02, i notice the 1.1 in swu's explorer.

I found the answer over at lockon.models.com......only works on 1.1 and above.

Question is...how hard would it be to make one for 1.02 ?

Edited by strike beagle