M-2000C Red Flag Campaign announcement - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-26-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Reputation power: 25
baltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation M-2000C Red Flag Campaign announcement

Hey guys,

I wanted to officially let you know (in a separate thread) that I am soon going to begin working on a DLC campaign for M-2000C set in NTTR. Below you will find some info and first ideas, and then a plea to those interested..

Short background
The campaign will be set in 2012, four years after the original Caucasus campaign. It will feature the same squadron and (hopefully) quite a few pilots you've flown with in Georgia. French Mirages are coming to play the role of United Arab Emirates air force that will likely take part in the upcoming - and what looks to be unavoidable - conflict between US and Iran after failure of nuclear talks (which will be featured when Strait of Hormuz flag arrives).

Length and difficulty
Since it is a DLC, I am looking at no less than 15 (and probably 1 missions, longer than the ones from the original campaign. As I have learned a lot about A-A combat while developing that one and F-15C campaign with Viper (should be finished pretty soon, btw) I guess it will be way more challenging than the previous one. As the module is close to being finished, it will also force you to use all of the systems available onboard M-2000C. You will definitely need to work under time pressure (Red Flags are all about synchronisation and timing after all. Ah yes, and shooting) so those desired time on target options of the INS might come quite handy. With long missions you will probably be required to update your INS and use your VTB for checking the bullseye calls. And much more of course.

Other features
Of course a lot of voiceovers (including completely revamped ATC, I am toying with the idea of replacing the AI ATC with F-10 Radio Menu one for all missions); developed and consistent characters with their own story; decisions to be made during the missions that will influence how the story will go (within the mission, I think I still wont' be doing a branched campaign, though there might be some alternative missions in several places); possibly additional tasks if you go through A-A refueling... and many more

When
I don't want to give any dates. Obviously, creating a full scale campaign takes time, so we are looking at not less than 6 months, realistically even 9. I will keep you posted on the progress.

A PLEA

I am looking for volunteers to work as voice actors on this one. Of course I hope to have quite a few people from the original campaign reappearing in the consistent roles (so each character will have his own name and one voice actor will be impersonating him throughout the campaign), but I'd love to have some more people with:
- French accent(native French speakers, I don't exclude part of the dialogues to be in French with EN subtitles, whenever it seems suitable, like inter-element discussions in certain circumstances)
- English (US accent) - it is a Red Flag after all and I want to have real voice actors for all the flights (completely foregoing the original AI radio messages about passing waypoints and whatnot)
- English (UK accent) - Brits will participate in the Red Flag as well
- Italian and Arabic - for other allies taking part in Red Flag.

For those active in helping with the campaign I envisage some kind of compensation, details to be discussed. If you are interested please PM me or (even better) e-mail me at baltic_dragon@icloud.com.

Cheers,

BD

VIDEO PREVIEW AND Q&A

Part TWO

Campaign Teaser by DOC

PREVIEW ON MUDSPIKE:Campaign preview written by Fridge
F-15C: The Georgian War DLC campaign - fictional campaign set during the 2008 war in Georgia, inspired by true events.

Campaigns under construction
M-2000C Red Flag: 16 missions, more than 3000 voiceovers.
A-10C Iron Flag: A comprehensive training campaign for A-10C based in Nevada.

Last edited by baltic_dragon; 01-31-2018 at 12:53 PM.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
bzhnono

Reputation power: 3
bzhnono is on a distinguished road

Nice
Old 01-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #3
gemballa974

Reputation power: 6
gemballa974 is on a distinguished road

Very good news !

If you need a french accent I can help (but I'm sure that the previous voice actors are waiting for this annoucement).
gemballa974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:53 PM   #4
Sydy

Reputation power: 6
Sydy has a spectacular aura aboutSydy has a spectacular aura aboutSydy has a spectacular aura aboutSydy has a spectacular aura aboutSydy has a spectacular aura about

Outstanding!!! Count me in!

If you need a brazilian accent, tell me!
Sydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #5
Oberfeldwebel Elmo

Reputation power: 8
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the roughOberfeldwebel Elmo is a jewel in the rough

Pm me if you need accents. I'm Canadian so I can do obvs a Canadian, American, and French as well as french dialogue.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.
Oberfeldwebel Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:50 AM   #6
ridbobkan

Reputation power: 2
ridbobkan is on a distinguished road

I could help with my accent coming from Paris.
Up to you.
ridbobkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:58 AM   #7
baltic_dragon

baltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys, I'll PM those interested asking for some details. For the moment I am in a preparation phase and it still can take 2-3 weeks before the actual recording (for some, as not all forces will be already talking in the first mission or two). But many thanks for your willingness to help, keep it coming!
F-15C: The Georgian War DLC campaign - fictional campaign set during the 2008 war in Georgia, inspired by true events.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:15 PM   #8
baltic_dragon

...and thanks to everyone who volunteered, i think I have really a good number of voice actors that want to help (around 22), so you can expect even more dialogues and VOs than in the Caucasus campaign.

While finalising the F-15C one with feefifofum (should be ready by the end of March) I am now going through several books and articles on Red Flag - its history, rules, specific areas etc. I am also waiting for some information about the tasks that French Mirages undertook while flying in NTTR and slowly putting together mission ideas. Finally, I am flying excellent campaigns by Wags to get better feeling of what is required during one

Oh, and if you have any interesting material you could / want to share (in English or French) regarding M-2000C operations or Red Flag / NTTR please do so!

Old 01-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #9
OnlyforDCS

Reputation power: 15
OnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really niceOnlyforDCS is just really nice

Quick question. Will this be a paid DLC campaign?
Old 01-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #10
exray

Reputation power: 2
exray will become famous soon enoughexray will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyforDCS View Post
Quick question. Will this be a paid DLC campaign?
I don't think it's a stretch to say yes. All the other Red Flag campaigns are (and well worth it too).