Bullseye Training Tool

chrisrucksack

With this Windows tool you can train your dealing with the bullseye (or any other common reference point).

attachment.php?attachmentid=155608&d=1485166405

This tool calculates the bearing and distance between two random points (e.g., aircraft). You can check your entered estimated bearing and your estimated distance.

attachment.php?attachmentid=155610&d=1485166405

Why the whole thing?

You fly in muliplayer and is in contact with other pilots. How do you want to find them in the air without using the F10 map? You use a common reference point and give your position FROM this reference point. This also applies, of course, if you find ground targets and want to communicate the position of the target to someone.

Only the A-10C can display the information from

, in any other aircraft equipped with an HSI:

• display a common reference point (waypoint)
  • on HSI the bearing (+ or - 180°) (needle end, not the point of a needle),
  • distance to the waypoint.

Already you have all informations. In addition, you should communicate your altitude and your heading (round all values to 10°, 10nm, 1000ft).

Here is an

to handle with bullseye.

FAQ

Q: The tool does not start, what can I do?

A: Please check anti-virus program.

A: On first start, Windows blocks the execution of the .exe (check window in the background).

Q: Will there be a mobile version for IOS, Android, etc?

A: No, of course not.

Q: Why was the program written?

A: There has been no program for this, and the "posit call" is often used in our tactical fighter group.

Q: Where can I report errors in the program?

A: Here, in this thread.

Q: Is this a free program and where can I donate something?

A: The program is free. If you want to donate something, give your change money to a homeless person and spend your old clothes.

Q: Why's your english so bad?

A: https://translate.google.de/

Q: Warranty?

A: No, it's your own risk.

Edited by BIGNEWY
  • Like 2

Bullseye-Training

Hardware: TrackIR5 | Buddy-Fox UFC | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | i7-4790k | GTX 980 | 32GB RAM

Modules: F/A-18C | A-10C | M-2000C | F-5 Tiger II | UH-1H

A: The program is free. If you want to donate something, give your change money to a homeless person and spend your old clothes.

Great tool and excellent attitude! Thanks mate!

• 1 year later...

Hi ! Great tool for training, thank you for sharing it.

A little amelioration I could see : set actual ownship bearing, and "where is the bandit" question, and the user would need to answer "On my 9 O'clock" for instance.

This is also an important dimension for optimal situational awareness :)

Thanks !

i7 7700k • 1080Ti • 32GB @ 3200 MHz • 525GB M.2 • Oculus Rift

Warthog + Pro Flight

Congrats Man ,nice attitude!

:thumbup:

Cool! I've never thaught I'm so good at it.

So, to even further make it difficult here is my wishlist:

1. Option when you know Bulls to target only and have to calculate your position first from the bearing and distance to a known waypoint. This is what I was actually forced to do during F-15C TGW campaign. In short program generates: Bulls to target, Bulls to WYPT and your BRA to WYPT. Input: target BRA.

2. Audio for some High Command yelling at you for calculating for too long and not flying there yet :)

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

This tool calculates the bearing and distance between two random points (e.g., aircraft). You can check your entered estimated bearing and your estimated distance.

Do you have a specific or an overall problem to understand this programm?

Bullseye-Training

Hardware: TrackIR5 | Buddy-Fox UFC | TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | i7-4790k | GTX 980 | 32GB RAM

Modules: F/A-18C | A-10C | M-2000C | F-5 Tiger II | UH-1H

Draconus, would you mind to explain how it works?

Ok. After start or clicking 'generate' you are given two coordinates, which are your position (blue dot) and target position (red one) in relation to the Bullseye, which is in the middle of the circle. The coordinates are bearings and distance from Bulls. Now you calculate in your big pilot head what should be your bearing and distance directly to the target. You enter your thaughts' result, which is the bearing of the green line from blue to red, and its lenght, then click 'check' to see how good you did. If you're not familiar with Bullseye, sorry, my help-points have depleted for this post ;)

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

great work on this tool.

I´ve added it to the ED Wiki. It´s accessable now directly from the ED Wiki FrontPage within the Mods, Scripts, and Utilities Box. The Wiki entry refers to this thread to keep the Information together.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

In the FA18E on the radar (A2A) page (upper left) it give the range and bearing of the cursor from the Bulleye. Is that something that is a WIP for the C?

Yes

And older aircraft you can use a waypoint or TACAN as bulls. Which makes this practice tool useful.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

I like this tool here - a piece of history ;)

http://www.185th.co.uk/squad_info/training/basic_n&b_bullseye.htm

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank you for the tool.

I guess one should become used to estimating the values by gut and/or to making an instrument from some modern glass cockpit calculate them for him, but in the attachment you can see my method for doing it properly (but way too slowly).

394319088_BEtraining.thumb.jpg.1244d30822de7d019deb750c2671a713.jpg

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

This is what the program is actually doing but you certainly do not want to do this during the flight :) It's about getting general idea of where you should fly and how far.