Sa2

Kev2go

a 1960s era SAM missile, that saw use into the 80s with export users. This SAM type is notorious known from its use in the Vietnam war as well as the Arab Isreali wars.

I think its approaching time to have this added. We have had older legacy era added such as the F5E, Mig21, and others in the works, such as the Viggen ( coming out in a few days), as well as M-III, and a Mig19, A-7 Corsair in the roadmaps. And era appropriate missile for era appropriate aircraft.

SA-2-Site-NVAF-090605-F-1234P-001-S.jpg

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

a 1960s era SAM missile, that saw use into the 80s with export users. This SAM type is notorious known from its use in the Vietnam war as well as the Arab Isreali wars.

It's newer variants served till the end of the Cold War in USSR service. It seems it was the principle PVO SAM system (along with the SA-3) in the Caucasus region anyway so it's really weird that we still don't have it.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Yep, we need more and better SAM units. My bet is that after Normandy is out we might start seeing developments in this direction.

Regards!

I am not sure what you mean with better SAM systems, do you mean more realistic and/or better looking, or do you mean more modern?

I agree with the first, but I'd say we also need some that are not modern, to have systems filling the gap between the low altitude systems and the modern radar guided systems that are rather effective, even though some are not nearly as deadly as in real life.

I wrote something about that years ago, here is the thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=133543

do you mean more realistic ...

Yep, exactly what I meant. Current SAM IA is limited and acts awkward sometimes (like shooting at you like no tomorrow), there is plenty of improvement room here.

I agree with your post, we need more old-school SAMs (not only SA-2! but the complete under-ten SA family) and the never out of fashion flak!

Regards!

Would absolutely love to see as many weapons systems as physically possible in DCS, SAMs or otherwise (and yes the SA-2 I'm starting to miss from my days with Strike Fighters 2) and with associated support vehicles, variants etc etc etc.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 year later...
Nice to see the SA-2 finally making it into DCS! All we need now is some medium calibre guns (ZSU-57-2? :) ).

SA2_01.jpg?bx_sender_conversion_id=2647082

SA2_02.jpg?bx_sender_conversion_id=2647082

Yes i just recently saw it on the weekend news section.

Good to know its going to be arriving so soon.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 1 month later...

The other half of this story would be the AGM-45, AGM-78 and maybe even the AGM-88 (1985) anti-radiation missiles.

I guess the Sidearm on the Harrier is sort of a proxy for the AGM-45 but the AGM-78 has been around since 1968 and we have nothing like it for DCS. Also I believe the US used dedicated chaff bombers (dropping large amounts of chaff at high altitude) extensively in Vietnam to degrade the SA-2's performance. Sounds like a good job for the AI.

• 2 weeks later...

NICE !! mpw hopefully we get the western counterpart to the S-75 and they make the NIKE series especially Ajax MIM-3, since it was the 1st operational SAM.

Edited by Bad_Karma-701

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait to see this one soon in open beta :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 months later...

Since the SA-2 is already in development at ED for over 4 months now, is the missile booster stage coding, animation, ballistic flight path values of S-75 and radar systems code are almost complete? Whole DCS community is awaiting S-75 (and end 2018 pleeease S-200 / SA-5 ??) EAGERLY! pilotfly.gif

We're expecting the S-75 in game before october...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence