Throttle needs to be reassigned every time

Bersagliere81

Hi there

Everytime I load the game, my throttle is not working (hotas warthog).

I have to go to settings and set again the throttle in this way:

Axis (tune? Can'remember exactly), find the Z axis highlighted in red, select clear, select default.

Not a big issue but I have to do this everytime. Is anyone else having this issue? Are there any other key bindings having problems that I am not aware of?

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog

I don't have this, but the red highlight is usually a hint that an update has made the configuration file incompatible.

Simply delete your configuration files, it's in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\MiG-21Bis\*

(or \DCS\ or \DCS.openalpha\, you didn't mention your DCS version so I assumed openbeta).

You can try to make a backup first, then merge the files if you're at ease with such operations. Otherwise you'll just have to re-configure the module.

You may also try to only delete the Config\Input\MiG-21Bis\joystick\Throttle - HOTAS Warthog*.lua file first, perhaps it's the only offending one.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Well, I'm not using it but it seems the custom part is well isolated, if this old mod is the source of the problem, it should be pretty easy to just insert this part in the current version of the Mods\aircraft\MIG-21bis\Input\MiG-21\joystick\default.lua file.

Indeed it seems to miss quite a few modifications that were made since then.

Have you tried? Look for the line "--************** Custom" and the section just after.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Same problem here.

It appears to be caused by Colseg's input mod for 3/2-positon switches.

Still I absolutely cannot do without this mod. So I have to do that throttle axis reset procedure every time.

I am using no mods at all. I still haven't played yet, so no idea if it the solution above works.

| A-10C | MiG-21bis | Hawk T1.A | L-39 Albatros | F-5E | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | NTTR | CA | SU27 | M2000C | F-86F | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Mig 15 | Mig 19|

Specs

Intel i7-9700k

msi GTX 2060 Gaming Z

msi Z390 Gaming PLUS

16gb RAM

Hotas Warthog