F-5E Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers DLC - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Default F-5E Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers DLC

The F-5E Aggressors BFM campaign puts you in the cockpit of an F-5E Tiger II, as a new Aggressor pilot with the 65th Aggressor Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base.

Based on real world procedures, you will fly as Red Air against Blue Air Forces.

Upon arrival, you will fly a familiarization flight around the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR). Then you will face a series of challenging Basic Fighter Maneuver (BFM) missions against similar and dis-similar aircraft.

Your opponents include the F-4E, F-5E, F-14A, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, MiG-29G, CF-188 and MiG-21.

Additionally, there are 10 single player practice missions with in-air starts so you can perfect your BFM tactics and techniques.

There are over 1,000 voiceovers and over 45 pages of briefing material including the RED FLAG Spins, Red Forces In-Flight Guide, Maps, Diagrams, Custom Kneeboards and Mission Data cards.

You will need DCS 2.0, the F-5E Module and the NTTR Map Module for this campaign.

All the missions both Campaign and Single Player are available under this path:

<your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\campaigns\F-5E BFM

Documentation for the campaign can be found under this path:

<your drive letter>:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\campaigns\F-5E BFM\Doc

Hints and Tips:
Study the documents and review the mission briefings which are critical to mission success.
Make sure you drop your center tank before engaging.
Use the F10 Menu to communicate when you are READY to start the engagements.
You can exit the missions after the final mission message or continue to fly and land - it's your choice.

We hope you enjoy this campaign. We believe it will make you a better pilot helping you to succeed in future combat missions. Good luck!

Please watch our blog for updates: http://mapleflagmissions.blogspot.ca/

Last edited by Sabre-TLA; 04-17-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #2
Sabre-TLA

Based on user feedback from the initial release we have provided an update of the package to ED for their next patch release.

Change Log:
1. Added subtitles for all mission messages.
2. Added Red Force In Flight Guide pages to the kneeboard.
3. Fixed orbits on some aircraft.
4. Some minor trigger updates to improve timing.
5. Fixed issue in BFM05 where Hornet collides with F-16.

Please keep the feedback coming as we will include any changes in the future campaigns we have planned for the F-5E.

Last edited by Sabre-TLA; 12-03-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:21 PM   #3
Sydy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre-TLA View Post
Please keep the feedback coming as we will include any changes in the future campaigns we have planned for the F-5E.

That's promising!!!

Sydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:19 PM   #4
YoYo

Quote:
Based on user feedback from the initial release we have provided an update of the package to ED for their next patch release.

Change Log:

Thank You.
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, GTX 2080Ti 11Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, [P3Dv4, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK/BoB]
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #5
YoYo

Quote:

Change Log:

Hi Sabre,
Any chances to have this update in this Friday (16 December)?
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, GTX 2080Ti 11Gb OC, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz,, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, [P3Dv4, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK/BoB]
Old 12-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
Sabre-TLA

ED has the updated files so it's up to them when they release it. Hopefully it will be soon.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:01 PM   #7
YoYo

Ok, thx, I bought this campaign few days ago but Im waiting for this update.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #8
shahin_sky

Hi happy new year
sorry for my english
I bought ( F-5E Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers Campaign ) and 3 others for DCS 1.5 then I installed F-5 Aggressors Basic......... on DCS world 2 and download every thing that needs for this campaign but all campaign in 1.5 and 2 are Active but just when i want to run BFM campaign F-5E it,s Inactive !!!!!????

why ??? can some body help me ?
thanks my friends
shahin_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #9
rrohde
Veteran

BTW - the only thing I somewhat don't like is the notion that my commanding officer will be disappointed when I don't get a kill.. I mean, isn't my role as Aggressor to allow Blue Air to train and get it right - more so than me scoring a kill against Blue? So I am doing my job and still get this "disappointed" message? ... just saying...

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Glear: Samsung Odyssey+ | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #10
Sabre-TLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahin_sky View Post
Hi happy new year
sorry for my english
I bought ( F-5E Aggressors Basic Fighter Maneuvers Campaign ) and 3 others for DCS 1.5 then I installed F-5 Aggressors Basic......... on DCS world 2 and download every thing that needs for this campaign but all campaign in 1.5 and 2 are Active but just when i want to run BFM campaign F-5E it,s Inactive !!!!!????

why ??? can some body help me ?
thanks my friends
You should open a new thread for your issue but I'll respond here.

If you go to the module manager does the campaign show up in the Available DLC tab or the Installed Tab?

If it's in the Installed Tab can you select the check box beside the serial number and what happens? That check box should enable or disable the module.

Last edited by Sabre-TLA; 12-27-2016 at 01:13 PM.