Helios DCSWorld 1.5.5

You are correct Helios and DCS-Bios no longer works in 155, I have checked and nothing has changed in scripts so it must be in the game itself.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I haven't been able to get Helios to work either. I checked the export.lua file and it was intact. I even made a new one and tried Helios but nothing worked. I finally went to the backups and still the same. Nothing seemed to work. I haven't tried DCS-BIOS yet but if its screwed as well, Ian (being the programming genius that he is) should be able to get it back up and functioning fairly quickly.:thumbup:

I just wonder if the argument numbers have all changed.:( That may account for Helios being totally unresponsive.

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

I wondered if I was going crazy, not working for me either.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

I looked at the file structure and I can't see anything that would prevent exports from happening. Really weird since it is Lua driven. I tried doing the old in game directory config export folder and nothing. I will keep digging. This is a show stopper for me. I have a Volair Pit that is Helios driven with three touch screens so this a no go for me.

TactView updated his Exports to work with 1.5.5 Open Beta... Pretty sure it applies to 1.5.5 Release:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2940956&postcount=309

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have confidence that Capt Z will shortly figure this out (or goodbye DCS for me).

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

If I want to roll back to the last stable version of 1.5 before this update (1.5.5.58891.190), does anyone know what that version number would be?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Ok.

if you are using one of my export.lua, look for this line:

os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric")

and comment it like this:

-- os.setlocale("ISO-8559-1", "numeric")

That fix the problem.

now i need to go out with my wife, when i come back home, i am going to revise why this line dont work.

Thanks a lot to alpha7-bravo4, he discover the problem a couple of days ago!

• Like 2

Slightly off the 1.5.5 topic. Is there another topic in the forums with getting the exports working in 2.0 ? I have searched but can't find anything.

I have all the switches, gauges and MFD exports working but can't get the clock, CMSP, Radio displays etc to work

Thanks

Slightly off the 1.5.5 topic. Is there another topic in the forums with getting the exports working in 2.0 ? I have searched but can't find anything.

I have all the switches, gauges and MFD exports working but can't get the clock, CMSP, Radio displays etc to work

Thanks

for that you need to use the files modified that comes with the package you donwloaded of the A10C profile.

And of course you need to configure the monitor configuration to indicate the position of the viewports on the screen.

Is anyone else experiencing some of the A10C's exports not working correctly? I have a 3 monitor setup. My MFCD's both seem to be working, however, my countermeasure panels, digital clock and radio frequencies all seem to be appearing outside of the area i have defined in my monitor setup file. I've changed the size and coordinates but they are remaining stretched and in the location they seem to be stuck in. Snacko was experiencing the same issue.

After Testing, the issue isn't happening in Vegas. Caucus version only. I'm using the exact same Monitor Config lua in both versions. it works perfectly in 2.0

No, I was not experiencing that viewport issue. When I was testing I did not have my mods installed, so that was my bad. They show up fine with I have my mods installed.

I was helping Beero yesterday. To be clear, he is using the same viewport export mod and MonitorSetup lua files for both 2.0 and 1.5.?? and he is saying it only distorts some viewports in 1.5.?? (not sure which version he's using). He did a repair but that did not help. It is strange..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

I can't get Helios or UltraMFCD to work. I'm not too savvy when it comes to editing LUA files, so I need UMFCD (which is absolutely awesome for noobs like me). I've got a projector for the main and 3 external screens for Helios and am currently working on building a working HUD... as of now, it's a paper weight. Any word on an update for either app? Or better yet, is there a chance we'll see in-game support for exporting the indicators (i.e. BMS 4.33)?