Anyone notice the canopy glass is poor for the F-5E ?

Mizzy

It looks too see through and cartoonish....or is it just me? Anyway, I have adjusted the alpha channel and made my own correction until maybe the developers will adjust the canopy glass themselves as there are problems with my mods lighting on the pilot.

Mizzy

Yeah.. It's a bit to the dirty side i think. under some circumstances visibility is almost ''0''.

Gotta tell the crewchief! :D

I think i misunderstood..

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Adding Alpha Channel will Allow you to control reflection strength and opacity.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Adding Alpha Channel will Allow you to control reflection strength and opacity.

Not sure what you mean here?

My Rig: EVGA GTX 1070 x 2 | EVGA x58 SLI classified | i7 X 990 CPU | 24 GB RAM | Windows 10 Home 64 bit| Track IR Pro | CH Fighter Stick | CH Throttle | CH Pro Pedals |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My only issue with the glass is that as I use the zoom view function to try and pick out enemy aircraft at 2-3 miles, I get fooled by reflection/refraction off the small cracks or craze lines in the glass and end up chasing them around for the better part of 5 minutes, all in afterburner because it looks like my fictitious enemy is in burner as well. :doh:

Oh, and concerning mods like the above for canopy glass or other visuals - do these types of cosmetic mods impact ability to play on integrity check servers?

Speaking as a former T-38 crew chief who also worked on F-16's and F-4D's, the rendition of the canopy glass is as accurate as it can be. The only time you would get crystal clear views was when a new canopy glass was installed and even then within a couple of weeks, tiny scratches developed.