PicksKing Modded Texture Compilation PMTC V2.2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-21-2016, 11:16 AM   #1
PicksKing

Reputation power: 9
PicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nice
Default PicksKing Modded Texture Compilation PMTC V2.2

Hi all,

it might be a bit late to publish another texture mod, because in a few month the T4 caucasus will be released. But I thought these few month are enough to try out some other textures.

Like my previous mod, the vast majority of the used files were not made by me. I put textures from Starway, Barthek and Mustang together and made them fit. In some cases Starways mod is better than Bartheks and in some other cases its vice versa and so on. Thats why I thought why not get the best of each and combine them. So if you like it, visit Starway, Barthek and Mustang to give them thanks. They made the larger amount of work. Thats for sure.
Only a few fields are entirely made by me.

---UPDATE V2.3---
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...8&postcount=53

---Version 2.2---
---Download---
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...TFaSEdidTZGcVk

---Install---
Download all four archives and unpack the first into the main folder of DCS World.
Archive 2 - 4 will be unpacked automatically into the same destination folder.

For using JSGME, create a folder inside of your JSGME mod folder, like:
"...\JSGME\JSGME mod folder\PMTC Ver2.2\..." and unpack the archive into it instead into the main folder.

---Note---
I can't assess any cross reaction with other mods, especially graphic mods and adjustments!!! I only recommend to try it with the cloud mod of mustang. Its just awesome.

If you have problems with the trees then keep all files in

"c:\...\DCS World\Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase\Structures\High\E DM"

as original. The easiest way to do so:

1 restore the original files via repair or deactivate the mod via JSGME or whatever you use.
2 unpack the mod somewhere else. Not into the main folder.
3 get into this folder, navigate to "Mods\terrains\CaucasusBase" and delete the folder named "structures"
4 copy over the remaining files into the main folder.

Now you should have tree shadows again and the trees look a little strange with their color and brightness fluctuation, as the originals do look. But no more problems with missing trees.
I cant do anything more because I am not a programmer. Seems like everything else is up to 2.5. Lets hope it will come soon as possible.

Spring

Summer

Autumn

Winter

Mountain

Gainward GTX 1070 | i5 2500K@4.6Ghz | 16GB Corsair 1333 MHz | Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | Samsung SSD 250GB

Last edited by PicksKing; 03-23-2017 at 04:06 PM.
PicksKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
zionid

Reputation power: 8
zionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nicezionid is just really nice

Hehehe.. I was just looking at your screenshots and thought "Hmm... I gotta PM that guy for his tex-compilation

Looks very good- looking forward to trying them out
zionid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 04:25 PM   #3
Mowgli

Reputation power: 5
Mowgli will become famous soon enoughMowgli will become famous soon enough

Downloading now...anxious to test it

It Has been a wish of many simmers here that a combination mod of the top 3 textures mod would be made.

Days & Screenshots will tell if this one will be the top mod used for caucasus terrain map

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular
Mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
Art-J

Reputation power: 15
Art-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really nice

Does it use Starway's buildings, runways etc?
Old 08-21-2016, 09:04 PM   #5
PicksKing

PicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nicePicksKing is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art-J View Post
Does it use Starway's buildings, runways etc?
Yes. Starways buildings and runways are the best for now.

Gainward GTX 1070 | i5 2500K@4.6Ghz | 16GB Corsair 1333 MHz | Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 | Samsung SSD 250GB
Old 08-22-2016, 01:12 AM   #6
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 79
SkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to beholdSkateZilla is a splendid one to behold

Pretty sure all 3 of those guys have a free ware no re-distribute line in their work...
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 04:34 AM   #7
dureiken

Reputation power: 4
dureiken is on a distinguished road

Thanks for this work !
dureiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:46 AM   #8
PicksKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
Pretty sure all 3 of those guys have a free ware no re-distribute line in their work...
Didnt find anything about it on starways side. The version of mustangs mod, that I used had stuff from other guys as well and a few month ago I asked Barthek personally for permission of using his files as long as I mention him. Couldnt find any conflicts. But if this is a problem for any reaseon, somebody should delete this thread. Anyway I just did it for me and some friends, who liked it, like I do. Just thought, why not share it with anybody.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:12 AM   #9
Skulleader

Reputation power: 22
Skulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of lightSkulleader is a glorious beacon of light

Hello PicksKing,
I use your first version and for me it's the best textures for my DCS.
Great compilation !
Skulleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:56 AM   #10
KastaRules

Reputation power: 0
KastaRules is on a distinguished road

Incredible compilation, DCS has never looked this good! Thank you!

Last edited by KastaRules; 08-22-2016 at 07:59 AM.
KastaRules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ground texture mod