From BS 1 to BS 2 odd behaviour in courier miz

aairon

Hello I've been out of this for years but decided to load DCS world and BS 2.

I flew around a bit and then took off on the courier mission and all was well until I was descending to land at the car not a single worry and THEN BAM! Out go the lights (the BAM! was in my head) I hear the turbines spooling down and see the lights all blinking out so I try a auto rotate but didn't do well because I was confused as bat shit and dropping from only 1500 (in the dark) feet so I ejected and then I looked at the debreif and it said contour light failure a few times in a row and then eject and crash.

So Wtf this 60 yo man is asking?

I never experienced it in the old BS 1 and I searched here and googled.

I can't imagine it cut my throttles or shut down the engines because I didn't have my landing lights on.

EDIT: I checked the debrief and at the time of the incident I got a repeated message that just before eject there was a "Contour lights failure" I think I must be running out of fuel (mission overrides unlimited fuel selection?), checking now but totally different from the BS 1 courier Mission.

I like BS 2, both engines now keep their sound + the AI seems way better, my own wing man isn't constantly trying to kill me. ;-)

Also what's up with the guy at the mission beginning, who seems to be trying to break off the tail?

YET Another EDIT: It was fuel but that still leaves the guy trying to rip the tail off and sometimes succeeding at the very beginning of the scenario before you can start engines??

Edited by aairon
cause I added something

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

Hello I've been out of this for years but decided to load DCS world and BS 2.

I flew around a bit and then took off on the courier mission and all was well until I was descending to land at the car not a single worry and THEN BAM! Out go the lights (the BAM! was in my head) I hear the turbines spooling down and see the lights all blinking out so I try a auto rotate but didn't do well because I was confused as bat shit and dropping from only 1500 (in the dark) feet so I ejected and then I looked at the debreif and it said contour light failure a few times in a row and then eject and crash.

So Wtf this 60 yo man is asking?

I never experienced it in the old BS 1 and I searched here and googled.

I can't imagine it cut my throttles or shut down the engines because I didn't have my landing lights on.

EDIT: I checked the debrief and at the time of the incident I got a repeated message that just before eject there was a "Contour lights failure" I think I must be running out of fuel (mission overrides unlimited fuel selection?), checking now but totally different from the BS 1 courier Mission.

I like BS 2, both engines now keep their sound + the AI seems way better, my own wing man isn't constantly trying to kill me. ;-)

Also what's up with the guy at the mission beginning, who seems to be trying to break off the tail?

YET Another EDIT: It was fuel but that still leaves the guy trying to rip the tail off and sometimes succeeding at the very beginning of the scenario before you can start engines??

From the way you described it, this is exactly what happens when you hit a power line. If I remember the courier mission it is at night in poor weather conditions. Power lines sneak up on you in the dark!

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

well the engine shut down was because I was taking off with 10% fuel.

The guy that comes at the very beginning is so utterly strange I guess I need to post it if no one knows what I'm talking about. I will look at the replay with NVG though because I don't recall ever hearing a fuel warning.

Thanks to both of you. :-)

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well the engine shut down was because I was taking off with 10% fuel.

The guy that comes at the very beginning is so utterly strange I guess I need to post it if no one knows what I'm talking about. I will look at the replay with NVG though because I don't recall ever hearing a fuel warning.

Thanks to both of you. :-)

I just finished the mission. Are you talking about the truck that hits you right off the bat? Also, you are loaded with 2 wing fuel tanks. Dont forget to turn on your int wing fuel pumps. I had plenty of fuel for the mission, the external tanks will eventually start filling your internal tanks.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

Ah thanks Reaper6 I don't think it's a fuel truck when I quickly switch to external view it looks like a guy quickly coming from the rear left side he walks up to the tail like it's in his way and keeps walking as he hits the tail the whole chopper turns and sparks counter clockwise about a quarter turn. it seems like if you watch too closely he busts off the tail completely.

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah thanks Reaper6 I don't think it's a fuel truck when I quickly switch to external view it looks like a guy quickly coming from the rear left side he walks up to the tail like it's in his way and keeps walking as he hits the tail the whole chopper turns and sparks counter clockwise about a quarter turn. it seems like if you watch too closely he busts off the tail completely.

Oh I thought it was the Jeep that hit me. But yeah there was a guy walking, he ripped off my radio antenna... What a strong little guy to turn the Shark like that lol.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Oh good I thought I was going nuts, it reminded me of a twilight zone episode where there was a monster on the wing of a aircraft trying to crash it lol.

Yes he's incredibly strong and can rip the entire tail assembly off then you're pretty much stuck.

I think maybe someone was hitting the vodka a little hard when that code got slapped in there. It's funny as hell though.

It would be cool to have a monster appear on the wing of your A10 (in flight and intense battle of course) and start bashing the engines.

Edited by aairon

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be cool to have a monster appear on the wing of your A10 (in flight and intense battle of course) and start bashing the engines.

Oh please no! I still remember the nightmares I had after that episode of Twilight Zone (was a tad younger at the time)... :D