AIM-7 sparrow flood mode, now launch warning?

In russian aircraft, there will only be a "beeeeeeep" currently when painted by flood mode? I think if so, this is incorrect, because continuous radar wave will make "beep beep beep beep ... " right? How does this currently work in OpenBeta?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Not every continuous wave radar will trigger a missile launch warning, or does the clamshell? ;)

The flood mode isn't even using the radar but the flood horn, which is located behind and above the radar antenna. It produced a missile warning in earlier versions but they changed it.

Why do you think it is incorrect though?

Oh just because in some earlier DCS versions the Flood mode would give a "beep beep beep" launch warning... :P

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Maybe too high angle, not trackable by RWR?

Maybe too high angle, not trackable by RWR?

Not angle at all, he was at my six flying level with me, he launched the missile, the RWR gave no warning and I began launching flares, the missile shot me down and the message shown I was shot down with AIM-7, the only warning I received in the Beryoza / SPO-15 was his radar emisions close to me (with no lock), so I supposed that he launched in FLOOD, even asked him but got no answer.

Only "Beep beep beep" ???

• 8 months later...

AIM-7 is guided by pulsed Illumination, not CW.

Flood mode has no Datalink..

--Indications of STT Missile Launch--

Yes - Fixed amplitude (Radar staring at your receiver)

Yes - HPRF waveform or CW signal

Yes - Datalink Signal

--RWR gives Launch Warning--

--Indications of STT--

Yes - Fixed amplitude (Radar staring at your receiver)

Yes - Pulsed waveform

No - CW signal

No - Datalink Signal

--RWR gives Lock On Warning--

--Indications of TWS--

No - Fixed amplitude

Yes - Pulsed waveform

No - CW signal

No - Datalink Signal

--RWR gives Search que--

--Indications of TWS Missile Launch--

No - Fixed amplitude

Yes - Pulsed waveform

No - CW signal

Yes - Datalink Signal

--RWR gives Search que-- (the RWR may see the datalink signal, but cannot prove the missile is targeting ownship, the RWR could be programmed to give warning whenever datalink is present, but you'd get false alarms all of the time when other people were getting launched on)

--Indications of FLOOD--

Yes - Fixed amplitude

Yes - Pulsed waveform

No - CW signal

No - Datalink Signal

--RWR gives Lock On Warning-- (exactly the same as STT)

--Indications of FLOOD Missile Launch--

Yes - Fixed amplitude

Yes - Pulsed waveform

No - CW signal

No - Datalink Signal

--RWR gives Lock On Warning-- (exactly the same as STT)

FLOOD mode should only ever trigger a STT indication.