Trim issues with A-10 C solved (for me)

GrizzW

I wanted to share with you what has happened in regard to my trim issues on DCS. Nothing

seemed to work in trying to solve the "no trim" problem. The following "MAY or MAY NOT"

solve your problem, but here goes: Trim suddenly stopped. Tried everything I could think of

(I'm a noob).

First thing was, I was sure that the problem was with DCS. After all it was

the program that wasn't working. So --- I found in DCS controls, an unknown control listed

called "V-joy". No problem, just deleted anything in that column. No change. Found the

listing in the DCS config file, deleted it there. Still no change.

Thought for sure that that would get rid of it. Nope. No deal. Played around with things like repair. Still couldn't find a change.

Well, to make the story a little shorter, what I figured out was, the problem was not with DCS at all. When you install DCS it picks up all of the device drivers that are installed in your system at that time.

I find out that "V-Joy" is a third party, so called "Bridge driver" for a USB device.

Don't have any idea where it came from or how it got there. Tracked it down through the

device driver screen, found it, then deleted it and BOOM! trim now works.

Please, if you're having trouble, remember that a driver that's loaded and not even used,

might be the problem. Trim would not work. Even key strokes or even the emergency

HH wouldn't work. So, it could be not even connected to your DCS World, but can be the

thing that is interfering with your A-10 C.

Just wanted to follow up with my problem in hopes that it might help someone else.

Kind Regards,

GrizzW CS: Bearclaw.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System: Windows 7 64 Home premimum; AMD FX-8350 Killer 8core 4000Mhz MB; ASUS DRW-2483LT ATA CD-Rom: SSD 250G Drive; 1TB Black 7200 HD; AMD Radeon R9 380 Series, 3 monitors, 1920 x 1080 x 60 Hertz; TM HOTAS Warthog A-10C, CH Pro Pedals. Track IR5

No v-joy on my computer (at least nowhere I could find) Trim still doesn't work.

This bug was reported a month ago, it must have some heads scratching.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Trim stopped working for me when I upgraded to 1.5.4. Reverted to 1.5.3. and everything was back to normal.

By the way, I use vjoy to correct the input for my rudder pedals. My rig was built for iRacing, so set up with a 3 pedal set. The controller box only sends signal as 0 not depressed and 4095 fully depressed. So had to use vjoy to emulate controller and another program to invert and combine my throttle and clutch into a single axis. Tried other setups to combine axis in DCS, but nothing worked.

Anyway, you didn't mention what version of the software you had the issue with. Was it 1.5.4.xxxx or 1.5.3?

Thanks, Striker, Yes, it was 1.54. I think what's most important, is anything outside DCS, such as another driver outside , installed and maybe something not listed in the "Controls" of DCS, could still have some kind of influence on your install of DCS. I know for me that was what led me to figuring out what my problem was. Keep searching and the Device Driver screen in Win might just show something up.

Good luck, Kind Regards,

GrizzW CS: Bearclaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System: Windows 7 64 Home premimum; AMD FX-8350 Killer 8core 4000Mhz MB; ASUS DRW-2483LT ATA CD-Rom: SSD 250G Drive; 1TB Black 7200 HD; AMD Radeon R9 380 Series, 3 monitors, 1920 x 1080 x 60 Hertz; TM HOTAS Warthog A-10C, CH Pro Pedals. Track IR5

I had heard the issue was related to FFB. I had my Logitech DFGT (A force feedback racing wheel) plugged into my computer while playing DCS, Unplugging it solved my issues.

Hope that helps someone!

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Yes, they said it was related to FFB devices. I unplugged (power) and disconnected the USB from my Fanatec CSWv2. Did not work for me. Only thing that worked was reverting to 1.5.3. There have been some updates to 1.5.4 in the last few days, but I probably won't update until they find a reliable solution.

Glad you mentioned this......was going to log onto iRacing..and my wheel is still disconnected....LOL

Vjoy is a "Virtual Joystick" and yes, it is a third party bridge, most often used by joystick software to create a dummy joystick that allows users to combine their joystick and throttle for use in games that won't recognize multiple joysticks.

I am told some force feedback sticks can generate this as well, though that is an issue I haven't encountered as I haven't used a FF stick in quite some time, so can't speak to that in particular.

Windows has a bad habit of defaulting to this virtual joystick when launching other games/sims as well, and if you don't have a control mapped to the VJ, it won't function in the game. (Win7 can also have a habit of trying to make the VJ the default stick in the controller settings if you don't watch for it)

I have had this issue in DCS when using the TM Target software to solve an issue in another game, and found that I had to make sure that it was disabled before starting DCS, or this, along with a lot of other problems would ensue.

I also recommend that you make sure that any third-party stick mapping software you may have is not set to start when Windows starts for this very reason. With DCS' extensive stick mapping abilities, unless you are trying to do something unusual, you won't require third party stick mapping, and it will just be an unnecessary app eating cycles in the background anyway.

I have Vjoy and even FFB is disabled, the device is seen like a FFB device. I think its the same thing for other FFB devices..

so i have found another solution to avoid to unplug and plug the stick

you could rename or delete the registry keys corresponding to the FFB stick.. that hides the FFB of the stick to the game...

you have to find in driver properties the vid and pid of stick ang after go to the corresponding keys..

for the Vjoy device:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_1234&PID_BEAD\OEMForceFeedback

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_1234&PID_BEAD\OEMForceFeedback

i have just renamed the two registry keys, and the trim is functional..

when the fix will be available i just put the right name to reactivate the FFB.

regards

The only reason I have vjoy is for DCS. My rig was primarily for driving games, thus I have racing pedals and no real place for rudder pedals. In order to get my pedals to work as a rudder, I had to use vjoy. It works fine in 1.5.3., so it was something that changed in DCS that caused the conflict.