Launch DCS without occulus rift enabled

MTrenda

I was hoping for a way to launch DCS without the oculus rift engaged since when the oculus rift is engaged the screen resolution is all messed up, thin and vertical. I would like to be able to work on missions without the oculus and right now I have to turn off the oculus in the options and then restart. it would be nice to be able to create a shortcut with a parameter to turn off oculus so the screen resolution is correct. then the regular launch icon would launch with oculus rift.

let me know if you need further details or if it already exists and I just missed it.

thanks

Falcon 76th

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

I was hoping for a way to launch DCS without the oculus rift engaged since when the oculus rift is engaged the screen resolution is all messed up, thin and vertical. I would like to be able to work on missions without the oculus and right now I have to turn off the oculus in the options and then restart. it would be nice to be able to create a shortcut with a parameter to turn off oculus so the screen resolution is correct. then the regular launch icon would launch with oculus rift.

let me know if you need further details or if it already exists and I just missed it.

thanks

Falcon 76th

copy paste the shortcut, rename VR for one

Edit the Shortcut target

dcs.exe --force_enable_VR

dcs.exe --force_disable_VR

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have tried to edit the short cut but I cannot get this to work. I assumed it would look like this:-

"D:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" force_disable_VR

but clearly I'm doing something wrong. Can someone put me straight?

Cheers,

Mav.

Mav, you are missing the 2 '--'

Change to...

.........\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR
.........\bin\DCS.exe" --force_disable_VR

Here's a complete line for one of mine... do not forget the ""

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR

Edited by Gizzy

SIGBLOCK.png

Mav, you are missing the 2 '--'

Change to...

.........\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR
.........\bin\DCS.exe" --force_disable_VR

Here's a complete line for one of mine... do not forget the ""

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\DCS.exe" --force_enable_VR

DOH!!! Many thanks Gizzy :)

Another way to do this on the fly is to:

- Open windows task manager

- Go to the Tab: Services

- Find the service called "OVRService", right mouse click on it and choose "STOP"

That will prevent the Oculus service initiating.

When you're ready to run it again, go through the same process and chose "Start"

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

copy paste the shortcut, rename VR for one

Edit the Shortcut target

Skate, the issue i have with this way is that I have custom settings for the rift and maxed settings for when i am running without the rift (i.e. mission editing etc) in 4k

I created some batch scripts for myself with 2 different options files (which I am attaching along with the batch files)

Hope they help as they work a treat for me

Cheers Specter

Unzip One:

Unzip this to <C:\Users\your username>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config

edit the NO_VR.bat and the VR.bat file in the config folder and set the following variables:

REM This is the user that appears in the patch when navigating to your saved games folder
set UserName="<your username>"

REM This Variable is the same games name of the DCS folder DCS.openbeta for Open Beta and DCS.openalpha for Alpha.
set DCSVersion="DCS.openbeta"

REM This is the name of the folder in the Eagle Dynamics folder within programfiles.
set DCS_RUN_VERSION="DCS World OpenBeta"

Do the same for openalpha if you want that also

Create desktop shortcuts for the 2 batch files in the config folder on your desktop

What the script does is it copies over the right options.lua to be used with tailored settings for either rift or no rift.

To tailor the graphics settings launch the respective shortcut when done just exist as normal and then copy the options.lua to either optionsNOVR.lua or optionsVR.lua

I have included what I use.

Cheers Specter

Unzip One.zip

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist