DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-29-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 12
Ciribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really nice
Default DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Introducing the snappily named: DCS Simple Radio Standalone

The goal of this project is to bring integrated Radio Comms into DCS similar to my existing TS plugin and others (Aries, UniversRadio, TARS) but without relying on TeamSpeak.

The Standalone is meant to be a compliment for TS, allowing players to use Full Radio voice comms if they want with the eventual goal of the program automatically connecting when connecting to a multiplayer server. TS is then used as a fall back to establish frequencies or for those that don't have the radio.

Its quite early days but currently I have working:
  • All FC3 Aircraft with Realistic Radios and Frequencies + Guard Frequencies
  • All Clickable cockpit aircraft including Gazelle
  • Hotkeys for PTT + Switching Active Radio (Gazelle + A10C + FC3 only)
  • In Cockpit PTT
  • Intercom Support in L-39
  • GCI / CA / ATC Radio
  • Voice encryption for A-10C / Mirage / F-15C / A-10A / Gazelle
  • Radio Overlay indicating current frequencies, selected radio and active light when Transmitting or Receiving
  • Built from Scratch voice protocol using OPUS encoding - allows much greater flexibility as I'm not dependant on TS3 or Mumble.
  • Client Microphone Boost
  • Audio Separation
  • Optional Line of Sight
  • Optional Radio Distance limitations
  • Squelch Effect
  • Handling of Lag and Missing Packets
  • Support for 10 radios for Ground Commander / AWACS
  • Server side controlled expansion radios giving 3 radios to almost all aircraft including WW2 for training

You only need to run the installer to install the Scripts into DCS. The SR-Server.exe can be run without the installer. DO NOT run the installer or install the Script on your Standalone server unless your going to be flying as the server (no need too )

To Host the server all you need to do is run SR-Server.exe and make sure UDP and TCP ports 5002 are open. It does not need to be on a PC running DCS and you do NOT need to port forward if you're just using the client

.NET version 4.6.2 Required - PLEASE INSTALL THIS BEFORE INSTALLING SRS - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=53345

Windows 7/8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=48231

DOWNLOAD HERE - Unzip all files and Run the Installer: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-Simpl...eleases/latest

Latest Release - 1.4.1.0 Post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=1706

Manual Install Procedure

Extract the entire zip somewhere

Copy DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts
Copy DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts
Copy DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts
Copy DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg to C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Create the script folder if it doesnt exist

Add to the END of the Export.lua file in C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts:

Code:
local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])
If Export.lua doesn't exist, just create the file and add the single line to it.

Copy the rest of the zip files where ever you like and then run, don't forget to keep opus.dll with the rest of the .exes

Server Hosting Procedure
Run SR-Server.exe (no need to run installer or add scripts!) and make sure TCP port 5002 and 5003 is open. It does NOT need to be on a PC running DCS.

If you change the server port by editing the CFG file - be sure to always open the TCP port that you set, as well as one above the configured one. The second port is needed for audio. I.e Port 5010 is set so open 5010 and 5011 to TCP

Auto Connect Feature - Server Owners ONLY - Clients don't need this file!
To enable SRS clients to be prompted automatically to connect just add the DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua to the appropriate DCS Saved Games folder e.g. DCS.openbeta/Scripts, DCS.openalpha/Scripts or jut DCS/Scripts

Edit the line below to your server address where SRS server is running. Port is optional. DCS must be restarted on the server for this file and any changes to take effect.

Code:
-- CHANGE FROM
SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "127.0.0.1" -- Port optional e.g. "127.0.0.1:5002"

--TO
SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "5.189.162.17:5010" -- BuddySpike One
-- OR
SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = " 37.59.10.136" -- TAW One (port optional)
And thats it.

If a client isn't connected and has SRS running they'll be prompted to connect automatically. You'll also see the message posted in the chat listing the address when slots change or a client connects.

Installation and Overview Video

Troubleshooting

Please follow the instructions here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=1122

Future Features
  • Signal Degradation sound effects - Noise Increase with distance
  • HAVE QUICK II
  • FM transmission blocking (FM knocks out weaker FM Signals)
  • Location for AWACS / GCI

Encrypted Radios
DCS-SRS now supports encrypted Radios with differing keys. If a Radio receives an encrypted voice signal but doesn't have either the correct decryption key or decryption equipment, white noise will be played.

A radio with encryption enabled can hear non encrypted transmissions as normal.

Encryption is shown on the Radio overlay with an E followed by a number by the radio. The number indicates the key that is in use.

A-10C
Procedure to enable Encrypted Audio:
  • Turn Power on to KY-58
  • Set Mode to OP
  • Pick the fill use wish to use. This is the key that encodes the audio. The receiving radio must have the same key set
  • Turn to C/RAD 1 to encrypt AN/ARC-164 UHF
  • Turn to C/RAD 2 to encrypt AN/ARC-186(V)FM
  • Turning to plain will disable encryption again

Mirage
Procedure to enable Encrypted Audio:
  • Setup Radios as Normal
  • Press the Green UHF CDE Switch

To change the Mirage code use the overlay

Demo Video of Native DCS Overlay

Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved Games\DCS\Config which will look something like so and quit DCS:

Code:
config = 
{
    ["mode"] = "minimum",
    ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
    ["windowPosition"] = 
    {
        ["y"] = 342,
        ["x"] = 981,
    }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config
Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

Code:
config = 
{
    ["mode"] = "minimum",
    ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
    ["windowPosition"] = 
    {
        ["y"] = 342,
        ["x"] = 981,
    }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config
Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:
  • DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

Finally - I need your help!
If you'd like to help with this project, please help me fill in this sheet of radio info! It'll also help correct any mistakes I've made with the Radios.

LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1869108790

Once I have all the information about power and antenna gain (or anything important you think I need to know) I can start on the distance and finally the Line of Sight limitations.

The work can't be done without the data so if you can help fill in a box please do!

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Last edited by Ciribob; 11-24-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 08:58 PM   #2
Pikey

Reputation power: 30
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

First!
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #3
JanTelefon

Reputation power: 4
JanTelefon will become famous soon enoughJanTelefon will become famous soon enough

Amazing piece of code Ciribob! This kind of radio management should be implemented in the game by default.

Last edited by JanTelefon; 06-29-2016 at 09:09 PM.
JanTelefon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:02 PM   #4
Coxy_99

Reputation power: 26
Coxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to allCoxy_99 is a name known to all

Thanks Ciribob great work

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A

Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:05 PM   #5
SUNTSAG

SUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the roughSUNTSAG is a jewel in the rough

Tried and tested Ciribob thanks for all your effort. It worked a treat on mission night with the 42nd.

-=42VFG=- NAKED
SUNTSAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:55 PM   #6
SpeedStick

SpeedStick will become famous soon enoughSpeedStick will become famous soon enough

I love you. This is a new era. But also reminds me of the good old PR and Mumble days.

Last edited by SpeedStick; 06-29-2016 at 09:58 PM.
SpeedStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 10:02 PM   #7
mithandra

Reputation power: 16
mithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nice

thanks Ciribob - its awesome

-=42VFG=-SPECTER
Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i7 7700k, Asus ROG Maximus Code, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, EVGA nVidia 1080, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 - Oculus Rift CV1, HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals

Modeller / Texture artist for the BFVG RAF GE Equipment Pack
Modeller / Texture artist for The Scimitar
Modeller / Texture artist for BFVG Mod Pack 1
Modeller / Texture artist for BFVG Mod Pack 2
mithandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:37 AM   #8
StandingCow

Reputation power: 7
StandingCow is a jewel in the roughStandingCow is a jewel in the roughStandingCow is a jewel in the roughStandingCow is a jewel in the roughStandingCow is a jewel in the roughStandingCow is a jewel in the roughStandingCow is a jewel in the rough

Really wish DCS had ingame comms. Awesome work Ciribob, even outside of blueflag the folks I fly with have been using this with no issue. Very easy to install.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:54 AM   #9
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Reputation power: 32
uboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to alluboats is a name known to all

nice job

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities, Scripts, etc

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #10
Sporg

Reputation power: 11
Sporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really nice

Ciribob, is there any chance you could convince ED to implement this mod in the official release?
Would be a very good feature.
Sporg is offline   Reply With Quote