MILVIZ's stance on DCS

j.sabo12

For all the guys that might be interested, there's a post on the MILVIZ site as to why they are not developing for DCS right now. Sometimes you just wish that everybody in this small industry got on and worked together. However, it's not always the case. It would be nice to get ED's view on the matter, learning from the Virtual Patriots' issue with their L-39. Anyways, here goes, sorry if this has already been posted somewhere:

Hi,

This is to let all of our members why we do not support DCS and what they should do about it:

We are not doing DCS for a variety of reasons but the main one is that Igor refuses to let us in. Now, he has his reasons but... mostly, it boils down to pride. I treated him like an equal and he didn't like that. Forget for the moment that, at one time, I was in charge of over 280 people as a Creative Director at a major game studio so I KNOW what it means to deal with all kinds of situations (internally... always been bad at the outside world)...

As an aside, MV has 28 people of which 22 are full time. That's a pretty big team so you'd think that we would be a shoo in. However, since then, all contacts from us have gone unanswered. ALL of THEM.

So, if you want MV to do DCS, contact them and ask them. Post on the forums, PM and or Email him.

That's the ONLY way DCS will ever happen.

Thank you.

From now on, all requests for DCS will be summarily deleted or ignored or both.

KC

Boeing 737 NG instructor at Simulator Centrum in Bratislava, Slovakia

Hi,

This is to let all of our members why we do not support DCS and what they should do about it:

We are not doing DCS for a variety of reasons but the main one is that Igor refuses to let us in. Now, he has his reasons but... mostly, it boils down to pride. I treated him like an equal and he didn't like that. Forget for the moment that, at one time, I was in charge of over 280 people as a Creative Director at a major game studio so I KNOW what it means to deal with all kinds of situations (internally... always been bad at the outside world)...

As an aside, MV has 28 people of which 22 are full time. That's a pretty big team so you'd think that we would be a shoo in. However, since then, all contacts from us have gone unanswered. ALL of THEM.

So, if you want MV to do DCS, contact them and ask them. Post on the forums, PM and or Email him.

That's the ONLY way DCS will ever happen.

Thank you.

From now on, all requests for DCS will be summarily deleted or ignored or both.

KC

Sour grapes. Not the kind of post to win friends or influence people. Bad-mouth the guy you are trying to do business with. He seems to make it personal - - - this is a business issue I suspect of which we have no business in knowing. Real smart!

Sour grapes. Not the kind of post to win friends or influence people. Bad-mouth the guy you are trying to do business with. He seems to make it personal - - - this is a business issue I suspect of which we have no business in knowing. Real smart!

^^ Nailed it... I too used to hold some respectable positions in business. If I ever saw a public display on the web like that i would have easily discarded any remaining considerations of business opportunity with the individual(s). Some partners are best left unexplored... I wouldnt expect this thread to be up long either.

poor taste by miviz - regardless of how they might have perceived a slight. ED owes no such public response to us or anyone.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Still tho the more Developers the better for our community. I hope they can sort their differences for us. I would like to see what they could off to DCS world. Also the way I see it is Milviz really want to bring their products into DCS world and we as a community should get in there and help them. S maybe we should ask a moderator to start a poll and that way ED could see it as serious and could maybe take more consideration on the matter

Edited by FraserNZL

Can someone from Eagle Dynamics tell us why they said no to MV? I really want to know what happens. Or maybe just explain a few things..

Cheers.

As said above, it's none of our business. It is highly unlikely that ED will respond, except perhaps, to say 'No comment'.

I agree that public posts like that are unprofessional...and that this thread will be deleted or closed sooner than later.

Actually, I am rather surprised it has been up this long.

S maybe we should ask a moderator to start a poll and that way ED could see it as serious and could maybe take more consideration on the matter

You could create that poll about any decent FSX dev team and the response would be overwhelmingly positive. I am sure ED already knows that.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As said above, it's none of our business. It is highly unlikely that ED will respond, except perhaps, to say 'No comment'.

I agree that public posts like that are unprofessional...and that this thread will be deleted or closed sooner than later.

Actually, I am rather surprised it has been up this long.

You could create that poll about any decent FSX dev team and the response would be overwhelmingly positive. I am sure ED already knows that.

If ED knows, why don't we see more companies like RAZBAM from other sims? There is a reason. Just asking, and thanks for your answer :)

Consider how big the FSX market is compared to the DCS market. Then consider that, from a coding standpoint, you will be starting, largely, from scratch if you code the aircraft for DCS instead of FSX, an environment that you are intimately familiar with.

What kind of return on investment, in terms of increased market/sales, would be required to make such a venture financially viable for someone like MilViz (all other issues aside)? Some might feel it is worth it and others might not.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

DCS is getting bigger and bigger, with that said, theoretically, companies from other sims, like RAZBAM, maybe sees a market in DCS, an opportunity to make modules and etc. I would expect something like that in the future, companies migrating to DCS. Also developers like the MV, they make combat planes, and as we know, DCS right now is the best one.. come on, it is.. for combat. And I hope someday see the ED "recruiting" new companies to make modules. That would be great, don't you think?

• ED Team

This isnt the proper way for MilViz to gain 3rd Party status with ED, we dont discuss ED's negotiations and talks with potential 3rd Parties. This isnt a matter of ED needing enough public support to add this team or that. The teams need to be able to work with ED within their rules and within their terms. I think if MilViz really wants to develop for ED, they need to follow the proper channels, if they have had issues because of past problems, they need to work though those privately with ED... this isnt a topic for these forums.

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png