Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Reputation power: 25
baltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Announcement - new A-10C DLC training campaign

I am happy to announce that I have started work on a new DLC campaign for A-10C. It will be set in the NTTR and will be aimed mainly at new players, containing between 15 - 18 missions with all the basic information and instructions required to master all the systems that would be useful in mostly (but not only) single player flying in the A-10.

Judging by many posts in these forums there is a need for such a campaign, after which one could either test his skills in excellent Basic Flight Training Qualification campaign by MapleFlag or in the Enemy Within or upcoming DLC prepared by Ranger79.

Apart from the instructions and interactive trainings each mission will contain a part in which you will have to put the newly acquired knowledge to use and fulfil different tasks given to you by your Instructor Pilot (IP). Last few missions will simulate a complex battlefield where once again you will have to prove that you know how to effectively use the Hog.

Moreover, the campaign will have its own storyline and will be first in series of linked campaigns sharing the same background (international situation) as well as some of the characters (the next one being Red Flag for M2000C). More details to come!

You can thus expect that what you have seen in The Enemy Within and what you will shortly see in the M2000C campaign, but probably pushed to a new level with improved radio comms quality, many more voiceovers, complex triggers and (hopefully) lots of fun during the training.

I am joining forces with Doughboy from 319th VFW, who served in NTTR and also was deployed with the A-10s in Afghanistan. So you can expect high degree of realism and some interesting stories in all the missions.

Finally, a disclaimer - this campaign does not aim to recreate way of operating the jet in real life to 100%. To get as close to realism as possible you would have to join and learn from one of the great multiplayer squadrons. This campaign will teach you how to effectively use different systems and weapons in DCS environment, of course trying to adhere to procedures used IRL as much as it makes sense for a single player experience.

At this moment it is too early to give any ETA, we shall see how quickly we can progress on this one. If you have any questions - ask them here. More details will be given as we progress.

EDIT

Please find below a small teaser video, made more for fun and to introduce the main (player's) character. Stay tuned for more!

LINK TO MISSION 1 (DEMO)
Hey guys, as Doughboy mentioned we are releasing the first mission for you to try out and see what to expect from the campaign: MISSION ONE OPEN BETA
F-15C: The Georgian War DLC campaign - fictional campaign set during the 2008 war in Georgia, inspired by true events.

Campaigns under construction
M-2000C Red Flag: 16 missions, more than 3000 voiceovers.
A-10C Iron Flag: A comprehensive training campaign for A-10C based in Nevada.

Last edited by baltic_dragon; 07-17-2017 at 04:29 PM.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #2
kontiuka
ED Translator

Reputation power: 19
kontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nice

Sounds interesting. How will it compare with the stock training missions that already come with the A-10C (other than it being in Nevada)? I'm just trying to understand the niche.
kontiuka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:33 PM   #3
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Reputation power: 25
baltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of light

It will cover more topics, add some nice tricks (especially when it comes to use of TGP, TAD and CDU) and will let you test these skills in an interactive and randomised situations. Plus each mission will be a complete experience (from startup to landing), will include voiceovers / comms from other flights, will have a full storyline (or should I say - background) which will be evolving with each sortie. So the aim is to take the stock training missions to the next level and make them feel more like a real thing. I feel something like that is lacking in the DCS, especially for the new players, but I guess even veterans will find some nice things there.
F-15C: The Georgian War DLC campaign - fictional campaign set during the 2008 war in Georgia, inspired by true events.

Campaigns under construction
M-2000C Red Flag: 16 missions, more than 3000 voiceovers.
A-10C Iron Flag: A comprehensive training campaign for A-10C based in Nevada.
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
kontiuka
ED Translator

Reputation power: 19
kontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nice

cool. thanks. maybe they'll be complete by the time I get back into the A-10
kontiuka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:46 PM   #5
Pineapple Pete

Reputation power: 4
Pineapple Pete is on a distinguished road

I am looking forward to this. Thanks for taking on this much needed (for me at least) training module.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
Datek

Reputation power: 2
Datek will become famous soon enoughDatek will become famous soon enoughDatek will become famous soon enough

This sounds really good, and is very much needed! NTTR is the perfect map for it too.
Datek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #7
alieneye

Reputation power: 8
alieneye is just really nicealieneye is just really nicealieneye is just really nicealieneye is just really nicealieneye is just really nicealieneye is just really nicealieneye is just really nicealieneye is just really nicealieneye is just really nice

Great! Waiting for it!

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS:
Spoiler:
i7 3930K (4.5GHz), 2xGTX 1080ti SLI, 32GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 3440x1440 monitor, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, CH Pro pedals

alieneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #8
Gliptal

Reputation power: 11
Gliptal is just really niceGliptal is just really niceGliptal is just really niceGliptal is just really niceGliptal is just really niceGliptal is just really niceGliptal is just really niceGliptal is just really niceGliptal is just really niceGliptal is just really niceGliptal is just really nice

Count me in for beta testing, as always!
Gliptal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:45 PM   #9
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 62
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Sounds totally awesome, volunteering for Beta-testing and VOs, if you can squeeze them in, too.
Yurgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:55 PM   #10
splash

Reputation power: 8
splash has a spectacular aura aboutsplash has a spectacular aura aboutsplash has a spectacular aura about

This is a great news! I'm very interested and very sure that will be an excellent campaign. You can count on me as a first-day buyer when released.
splash is offline   Reply With Quote