FOV for Triple monitors

Ive looked... ive googled... ive hunted and cant find where this has moved to... triple screen has nose pressed on HUD... there is an .LUA file to modify this for each aircraft.... where is it in 1.5... any help appreciated... here is hoping this will be easier in the future.

Cheers

Macross :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you are generating one big picture spanning across the 3 screens, then yes, you'll have a FOV problem (that you can partially solve with the zoom out view key). But the best solution is to generate one view per viewport on each screen. This way, you won't have any distortion on the edge of the left and right screen, and you'll start with a perfect FOV at launch:

Let me drive back home and I'll post the monitorconfig.lua that I made.

Personally, the three viewport setup looks horrible to me but I also have my monitors spread out much more.

I can't remember where the file is at the moment but I'll find it when I get home. I actually made my own JSGME mod that sets the FOV to 160º for all modules.

ETA: For the Ka-50, the FOV is controlled by the server.lua file in the config/view folders. This is the line you're looking for. 160 is my preferred value.

CameraViewAngleLimits  = {20.000000,160.000000},

Edited by Deezle

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Cheers, guys. Was starting to go cross eyed last night looking for that.... nothing to do with the beer i was drinking.. :)

I usually modify the .lua file and seems to work ok. Not tried the method you are using CRC. Would be interested to see your config and try it out to compare.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry. Forgot what I promised you yesterday. Here's my 6 screens config lua file. Notice the viewports left,center, right.

The "gui" one will make the DCS user interface display in the screen of your choice and not stretched across.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Touch cockpit 6');
Description = 'Screen configuration for vertical 6 touch screens and helios'
Viewports =
{
    Left =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = -1;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 5.33333333 / 3;
    },

Center =
    {
         x = 1920;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 5.33333333 / 3;
    },

Right =
    {
         x = 3840;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 1;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 5.33333333 / 3;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1920+764;
    y = 1216;
    width = 452;
    height = 358;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
    x = 1920+1310;
    y = 1461;
    width = 385;
    height = 490;
}

Gui=
{
x= 1920;
y= 0;
width= 1920;
height= 1080;
}

UIMainView = Gui

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I simply used fixed 5.3333 aspect directly from DCS settings and it works quite well. Im using 3 x 27" and track IR so zoom is not that big problem, you simply lean forward or away...

I cant figure out are some hud and mfcd lines graphic glitches related to his but i dont think so.

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I move form single screen to triple 3x27"" 2560x1440. And of course I have FOV issue with one huge 1camera view - "to close to HUD or massive distortion of sideviews"

Last night I got idea, but I decide to ask if anybody. So did anyone try run DCS with 3 portraits displays so instead of 7680x1440 do 4320x2560

So yo can get extra vertical space and better aspect for portraits 13.5:8 (close to 16:9) then 16:3 for landscapes.

Of coures you got 2 monitors' frames closer together, so thats way I'm asking beforem move all my screens and cables sideways....

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin