A sneak peak of .. Leavu3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
=RvE=Yoda

Reputation power: 52
=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold
Default A sneak peak of .. Leavu3

Here is something we in RvE have been working on the last month or so to improve the dcs FC home cockpit/avionics experience - mainly targeting the FC F-15 - partially compatible with other aircraft. Our first tool to release is Leavu3 - Perhaps some of you remember Leavu1 and 2 from about 5-6 years ago. Leavu is a generic external glass cockpit avionics tool for DCS with a pre-loaded MFD instrument.

(You will see more info once the game is running)

You can use secondary monitors, laptops, extra computers, or whatever you prefer to render the Leavu graphics, on mac, linux or windows:

Leavu runs on ownship export.lua data - however the ownship export isn't perfect and leaks some information that shouldn't be available. In those situations Leavu tries its best to filter that out - but if you find something strange please do report a bug on the github issue tracker.

Below are two sneak peak videos of what we may at some point release in a more easy-to-use package.

Flame made a demo and instruction video - thanks flame:

For anyone that wants to help out beta test and suggest improvements for future versions, you're very welcome to fly with us in the RvE teamspeak - or just jump on to get help with setting up the leavu beta.

Virtually all of RvE know how to set it up, so if you like some help, again, just hop on our TS. See http://www.reservoirs-elite.com/ for details.

Configuration options with their default values can be seen here:
https://github.com/GiGurra/leavu3/bl...eavu3-cfg.json
https://github.com/GiGurra/dcs-remot...atic-data.json

Keyboard input is automatically forwarded to all secondary computers from the game pc (for example I use a warthog with keybinding mapped for next/previous mfd page)

-----------------------

Download links can be found @ http://build.culvertsoft.se/dcs/
Very limited (and a bit outdated) documentation/instructions can be found Here and here - But you most likely will need to ask someone how to install and use it.

Leavu3 is available for developers to look at over @ https://github.com/GiGurra/leavu3
Leavu3 uses Dcs-remote 2 which is also available @ https://github.com/GiGurra/dcs-remote2

Both are available with the MIT license

----------------------

Report bugs ONLY @ the github issue tracker
- Bug reports in this forum thread will most likely go unnoticed.

-----------------------

I have some ideas to further increase the capability of leavu with awacs, ewr & gci integration - however that will require MP server-side code running (global exports) that exports and filters appropriate information. Such a project will be launched at some point in the future when we have our DCS server up and running.

Last edited by =RvE=Yoda; 04-15-2016 at 10:18 PM.
=RvE=Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:58 PM   #2
zionid

Reputation power: 6
zionid is a jewel in the rough

Holy moly...

Looks fantastic.

If we could only get that to display instead of the loadoutscreen on the lower left MFD...

Last edited by zionid; 04-06-2016 at 09:00 PM.
zionid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #3
GGTharos
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 302
GGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant future

That's a DCS F-15C thing.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #4
sobe

Reputation power: 0
sobe is an unknown quantity at this point

I currently run both Leauv2 and CPT Z's F15 Helios profile with CPT Z's custom export file that contains some additional code at the end to accommodate Leavu2's code. Will I also be able to run both Helios and Leavu3 with one export file?
Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 8GB Ram,AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 [but the touchscreen no longer works with Win10 per Acer].
sobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #5
Scooternutz
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 20
Scooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of lightScooternutz is a glorious beacon of light

Great job! How would I keep it on top of the DCS display? I am using an extended monitor setup and it gets covered by DCS. It is working though.

Update: It was in the JSON config.

Last edited by Scooternutz; 04-06-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Scooternutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:51 AM   #6
=RvE=Yoda

Reputation power: 52
=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold=RvE=Yoda is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobe View Post
I currently run both Leauv2 and CPT Z's F15 Helios profile with CPT Z's custom export file that contains some additional code at the end to accommodate Leavu2's code. Will I also be able to run both Helios and Leavu3 with one export file?
Yup. Copy the dofile-line from leavu3's export.lua into your combined export.lua (and remove the leavu2 stuff).
Leavu3 should be better than leavu2 in all ways except rwr sound effect enhancements which arent in leavu3... yet..
Old 04-07-2016, 08:36 AM   #7
Airbuster

Reputation power: 12
Airbuster is just really niceAirbuster is just really nice

Wow! Great app, giving a glimpse of "what if" DCS: F-15C.
Airbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #8
Pikey

Reputation power: 24
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

Nice, I missed leavu2 and the datalink. Tested locally works great, now just pestering someone to test the datalink with me.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #9
Pikey

Reputation power: 24
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

OK Yoda, I p***ed my pants three times this morning with what this does. It's game changing and I will name my next dog Yoda after how goddamn awesome you are.
I see we use a common server for the datalink, will that software get released ever? I'd love to see Mirage support, but right now, if you never changed it again its the best thing released for DCS that I can remember.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #10
jamison1982

Reputation power: 4
jamison1982 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Guys i wonder if you can help, i have got this awesome mod working but i cant seem to get this to appear over dcs (single monitor) i have to alt-tab.

does anyone know what i am doing wrong.

ps, thank you for this game changing mod, its EPIC
Corsair 750D air flow case | Corsair H80i GT Water Cooled i7-4790K oc at 4.8| MSI 1080 Gaming X | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Motherboard| Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram | 3x OCZ 480GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog & T Flight pedals | GAMETRIX Jetseat | CV1

A-10A/C | F-15 | F5 TIGER | L-39 | C-101 | HAWK | 2000C | SU25 | SU-27 | SU-33 | MIG-29 | MIG-21 | MIG-15 | SABRE | HUEY | KA-50 | MI-8 | GAZELLE | ME-109 | SPITFIRE | VIGGEN on the way
www.59thravens.co.uk

jamison1982 is offline   Reply With Quote