Bf 109 K-4 skins contest - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
Racoon
ED Team

Reputation power: 4
Racoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the rough
Default Bf 109 K-4 skins contest

With upcoming official release of Bf 109 K-4 we are happy to announce skins contest.

To become participant you need to create your own version of the plane's skin.

Rules:
- Skin must be created from the template: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...9k-4_template/
- Skin can be historical accurate or not. Skin can be of any countries that are presented in DCS World.
- Because the Nazi swastika is a forbidden symbol in many countries please do not use it in your skins.

Please upload ready skins to this topic.
After the first stage of the contest all of you could vote for best skins. The best of the best become a part of Bf 109 K-4 module in the game.
All winners will get valuable gifts: one key for any module in DCS World by your choice and one key for Spitfire IX.

First stage of the contest will continue until April 10th

Good luck!
Old 03-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #2
dooom

Reputation power: 21
dooom is a glorious beacon of lightdooom is a glorious beacon of lightdooom is a glorious beacon of lightdooom is a glorious beacon of lightdooom is a glorious beacon of lightdooom is a glorious beacon of lightdooom is a glorious beacon of lightdooom is a glorious beacon of lightdooom is a glorious beacon of lightdooom is a glorious beacon of lightdooom is a glorious beacon of light

Cool - thanks ED....

To clarify - this does not have to be our version of a known historic livery? Rather, it can be "inspired" by history as well?

""This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL
*NOTCH VIDEO F15 vs SU33
*P-51D ANM64 Bombing guide
Old 03-23-2016, 03:55 PM   #3
Whiplash

Reputation power: 5
Whiplash will become famous soon enoughWhiplash will become famous soon enough

This will be a good way to get the community involved with the release. One question, is there a template for the spec layer or am I just not seeing it in the original psd file?

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."
Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread
Old 03-23-2016, 04:13 PM   #4
MAD-MM

Reputation power: 6
MAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the rough

Should be a free win for JST he is making constant skins for the K4 and D9
Old 03-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #5
JST

JST will become famous soon enoughJST will become famous soon enough

I take it that the reason for having to use the official template is consistency with the official textures?

Anyway, sounds like the kind of carrot that would get me to work on these again.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:16 PM   #6
Dieter

Dieter will become famous soon enoughDieter will become famous soon enoughDieter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD-MM View Post
Should be a free win for JST he is making constant skins for the K4 and D9
+1
| i7 3930K@4.25GHz | ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME | 32 GB DDR3 2133MHz RIPJAWS | SSD EVO 840 1 T | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP Extreme Edition | ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560 X 1440 |TrackIR5 | Case core X9 | HOTAS Warthog |

Old 03-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #7
VinnieJones

VinnieJones has a spectacular aura aboutVinnieJones has a spectacular aura aboutVinnieJones has a spectacular aura aboutVinnieJones has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I take it that the reason for having to use the official template is consistency with the official textures?

Anyway, sounds like the kind of carrot that would get me to work on these again.
JST,

Pardon my noobness. I have downloaded several of your skins, and have activated them in JSGME. What I don't know is how/where/when I can select one when I want to go fly.

Could you give me some instructions?

Thanks,

badfinger
Old 03-23-2016, 06:25 PM   #8
MAD-MM

Reputation power: 6
MAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the rough

You can only chose your skin actually in the mission editor, you have not the options for chose in quick action mission or something sadly.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:21 PM   #9
LcSummers

Reputation power: 12
LcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really niceLcSummers is just really nice

Yes, its JST for me too.

He made so many fantastic skins.

JST i vote for you my friend!
Old 03-24-2016, 07:35 AM   #10
Racoon
ED Team

Reputation power: 4
Racoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the roughRacoon is a jewel in the rough

This is contest for all skins. Not only for new ones. The idea is to use them as official skins within the game.
Plus there would be few winners. We are looking for many good skins.
So JST you are welcome to put all your skins here!
Closed Thread